1. Juwan Hunter

F1 21.5 Rubber Tire
1. Juwan Hunter (hopefully)
Old 12-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Keven-

It is great to hear you are coming! If there is any hope of a 1/12th scale mod class --- you've now helped create the interest! Call it out guys---

I'd PAY to see a Keven vs Donny re-match in mod 1/12th.
I think Jari and Jamie were going to make this race. I'll remind them...
Old 12-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralph m
I think Jari and Jamie were going to make this race. I'll remind them...
Great.... Kevin Hebert, PM me.. He's coming down with 3 friends, wants to run 12 mod
Old 12-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

After talking with Racers last week in Cleveland, Racers from MRH as well as Horsham. Most everyone agrees that with the cost of the Halloween Classic, Indoor Champs and Snowbirds, attending another 3 day race this close to Christmas is tough for folks that will be forced to stay in a Hotel for another 2 days.
There are almost as many people asking for this to be changed then that are signed up.
I've seen the crew at Horsham pull off the BEST 1 day races anywhere,so please reconsider the 3 day format for an Awesome 1 day race with Friday practice as an option for we scrubs that like to have dinner and hang out afterwards.
Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Danny J.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

After talking with Racers last week in Cleveland, Racers from MRH as well as Horsham. Most everyone agrees that with the cost of the Halloween Classic, Indoor Champs and Snowbirds, attending another 3 day race this close to Christmas is tough for folks that will be forced to stay in a Hotel for another 2 days.
There are almost as many people asking for this to be changed then that are signed up.
I've seen the crew at Horsham pull off the BEST 1 day races anywhere,so please reconsider the 3 day format for an Awesome 1 day race with Friday practice as an option for we scrubs that like to have dinner and hang out afterwards.
Danny J.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by signguy
Danny J.
hi danny-

the challenge here is changing a race the week of the race isn't fair to anyone who is planning on attending already. our remaining winter schedule has already 2-3 more "big" 1 day races --- the ones we are known for holding.

we understand that time is tight, $$ is tight, etc. the current calendar of indoor races is 'packed' with a sizable event every month or so there isn't really any 'good' time for such a race.

we are hoping to do something different this year... and try to get a large event started like many other tracks have do so. this year might be a light turn out... but we need to get the ball rolling. maybe next year more and more people will consider coming to our 3 day race instead of another facilities'.

mike
Old 12-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

...and try to get a large event started like many other tracks have do so. this year might be a light turn out... but we need to get the ball rolling. maybe next year more and more people will consider coming to our 3 day race instead of another facilities'.
I absolutely understand Danny's comments. I think this was introduced to the racers a little late in the game for this season. Folks already had their plans drawn up and/or had already spent their money on other events this season.

However, I think Hanulec's point is valid. The Horsham crew runs a first-rate program (the Nats verified this), have a great facility, and it really is time to start an event with some prestige at our track. Perhaps the light turnout this year is a blessing as it will help our group to iron out any kinks in the program and prepare for next year.

Just my .02c.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

hanulec, I'm all for you guys having a big 3 day race......the track, facility and race crew/staff are all on point. Plus I get to share the track with some of the fastest guys in the US But couldn't you build up to the 3 day race by having ANOTHER kick a$$ 1 day race? I can't do Sat and Sun next weekend so I guess I'm being selfish but, it would be nice to know I will be able to get a full race in and not just qualifying...

SC
Old 12-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Keven H
Hi guys,

I am probably going to be able to make this one chances are good hotel is booked, now any idea if mod 1/12 will happen ? I know there are not so many guys running the class but I am just curious to see how many it takes to run it as I would really like to run the class to do some testing.

I would be bringing 2 more guys with me from here running both TC stock and mod for them.

Keven
Hey Keven I want in on the chipotle food run this time
Old 12-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Don't forget to send those entry fee's in via paypal to [email protected]

17.5 TC
1. Eric Lee
2. Joe Hose Szebenyi
3. Joe DiGirolamo
4. Andrew DiGirolamo
5. Juwan Hunter
6. Williams
7. J Amador
8. Orlando

MOD TC
1. Joe DiGirolamo
2. Orlando

17.5 1/12th
1. Eric Lee
2. Joe Hose Szebenyi
3. Williams

MOD 1/12th

WGT 13.5
1. Eric Lee
2. Joe Hose Szebenyi

VTA
1. Juwan Hunter

F1 21.5 Rubber Tire
1. Juwan Hunter (hopefully)
Old 12-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It's about time Region 2 had a regular big race instead of having to drive 15 hours or get on a plane. So, while turn out may be light this year, this is something we can look forward to for years to come... a high caliber indoor carpet race right in my backyard.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Rome wasnt built in a day

Originally Posted by kuruption
It's about time Region 2 had a regular big race instead of having to drive 15 hours or get on a plane. So, while turn out may be light this year, this is something we can look forward to for years to come... a high caliber indoor carpet race right in my backyard.
You talk a lot of smack but i endorse this post.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

If one where to read the entire post with the quote VERY carefully. ...it almost seems that we are on the same page ! BTW are you the pot or the kettle?
Old 12-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by signguy
If one where to read the entire post with the quote VERY carefully. ...it almost seems that we are on the same page ! BTW are you the pot or the kettle?
I'm down with track choice. As much as i would love to see 200 entries i understand that stance of the track. This is a long term situation. Unfortunately we may not see that many entries today but next year it may be different. I also understand people not wanting to spend so much at this time. I don't go to the Timezone GrandPrix because it's so close to IIC. Danny, You're going to be missed you bring a lot skill to the table but that's one more spot available in the A. Trust me i would change it to get more folks but for the 5 year plan this is the best way the track can get this race on the map.

Regards
Pot and Kettle..
Old 12-09-2013, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Exclamation

.....we are hoping to do something different this year... and try to get a large event started like many other tracks have do so. this year might be a light turn out... but we need to get the ball rolling. maybe next year more and more people will consider coming to our 3 day race instead of another facilities'.

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
The Horsham crew runs a first-rate program (the Nats verified this), have a great facility, and it really is time to start an event with some prestige at our track. Perhaps the light turnout this year is a blessing as it will help our group to iron out any kinks in the program and prepare for next year.

Originally Posted by kuruption

Originally Posted by Jerry P
This is a long term situation. Unfortunately we may not see that many entries today but next year it may be different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.