Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
1/5  BAJA AT THE MUSHROOM BOWL SPEEDWAY KENNETT SQUARE PA. >

1/5 BAJA AT THE MUSHROOM BOWL SPEEDWAY KENNETT SQUARE PA.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/5 BAJA AT THE MUSHROOM BOWL SPEEDWAY KENNETT SQUARE PA.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Default where??? news to me

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
Did you see that Losi and HPI both have 5b 4x4's being introduced!! The Losi looks pretty darn good!! HPI is supposed to show off it's 4x4 this weekend!
Are you serious!!!!! I didn't know HPI had a 1/5 scale 4x4 sc-truck coming out and where can you see it?
Old 09-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
Yea, I just read the report from Bajafest. The damn thing is electric.. A Losi might be the way to go..
music to my ears..... 4wd 1/5 electric truck to go with my 1/5 electric buggy!

hows that sound ghetto lol
Old 09-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
Are you serious!!!!! I didn't know HPI had a 1/5 scale 4x4 sc-truck coming out and where can you see it?
Theyre keeping it highly secret still. Some of the guys at Baja Fest saw it on the track for about 10 mins then they locked it up again. Its electric is what most people arent happy about. Other then that noones seen it elsewhere and nobody has seen it without a body at all.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Retaks
Theyre keeping it highly secret still. Some of the guys at Baja Fest saw it on the track for about 10 mins then they locked it up again. Its electric is what most people arent happy about. Other then that noones seen it elsewhere and nobody has seen it without a body at all.
Yea I agree, why would anyone who consider themselves a real race car crazy competitve individual want an electric truck???? That what makes the different between racing a electric toy and real piece of fuel power machine which is big 1/5 truck power by gasoline. I wouldn't want a electric tonka toy racing when I can get closer to the feel and fantasy of real racing and run for more than 5 mintes on a charge. One is a toy and the other is model of a race truck that you run as long as you fill it up with gas.....but you know what they say you can judge the different between men from the boys by the size of their toys
Old 09-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Default But the best thing is

The best thing about this hobby (R/C) there is something available for everybody and for whatever reason they are involved in it, its there. Drag racing, rock climbing, short course trucks, baja desert racing, hill climbs, NASCAR, GT, touring car, drifting, mud racing and hell..... even tracktor pull.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

There is something for everybody. I would have got an electric one just to mess with but $600 for 2 batterys that you only get 7 mins of run time is useless for bashing around. Ill stick with gas. Plus the electric conversion kit right now it $750. So for the conversion kit and 2 pairs of batterys im gonna be set back $1950 not counting the cost of the Baja.

Im hoping he price of teh Losi comes down some. its hovering around $1600 now but hasnt been released yet.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

My hope is that HPI is just testing the waters. I feel that by Christmas or right after(especially with all the pressure being added) they will reliese a 4x4 Baja. Hell, if you started the Baja craze it would be dumb not to give the masses what they want! I do know and saw a knock off 4x4 baja that is in production right now. The Happy Children Toy company (not made up name!) made a 4x4 Baja. It had another tranny up front with a belt drive. I'm not sold on jumping ship for a Losi at this or any time soon. But....

As for an e-Baja, there is a market out there. The winter indoors racing like in Harrisburg would be ideal. I know one person who is thrilled on HPI's green Baja!!

Lets face it, my Baja's were built for my loud and expensive pleasure. A race truck is in the future. I hope it's a GAS Baja 4x4!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default electric

Saw it at baja fest. It was ok. Wasnt to impressed looked pretty cheaply built.. losi all the way
Old 09-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

I dont remember if i posted this here yet or not so i am not to make sure everyone has a chance to see it. The times are estimated and the rules are still in the works and subject to change.

Our race schedule goes like this as long as we dont have any delays.

10:30 Registration
12:00 5T/5SC 10 min Qualifier #1
12:15 5B 10 min Qualifier #1
12:45 5T/5SC 10 min Qualifier #2
1:00 5B 10 min Qualifier #2
1:30 5T/5SC Qualifier #3
1:45 5B Qualifier #3
2:25 5T/5SC 30 min Main
3:25 5B 30 min Main
4:00 Hand out Trophys and open practice until dark

* These are estimated start times going by the race length and ammount of time we give between races. Exact start times may vary.

Rules and regulations:

1. No metal front bumpers or wings.

2. Rear wheel drive only.

3. Any available baja option parts allowed.

4. Stock size tires for the vehicle your running. Ex: 5b must run 5b size tires.

5. Gas power engines between 23cc and 30.5cc with any exaust, modifications, or fuel.

6. All vehicles must have a working failsafe. A kill switch is highly recomended.

7. All vehicles must run a body. The only exception is using a plastic team chase style cage.

8. All bajas must have functioning brakes

9. Stock fuel tank only. Hpi part #85446. Any fuel cap is ok.

10. Have fun. This event is for everyone to enjoy not fight over.

11. You must marshall after your race

*All drivers are subject to random vehicle checks by track officials or if there is any question about a rule violation.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default D. Lee TRI-STATE R/C CLUB PA. NJ. DEL.

THANKS TO ALL WHO CAME OUT TO MAKE THIS A GREAT DAY OF RACING D. LEE
Old 09-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default D. Lee TRI-STATE R/C CLUB PA. NJ. DEL.

THE BAJA RACE FOR OCT. 2 IS STILL ON
Old 09-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tri-state r/c06
THE BAJA RACE FOR OCT. 2 IS STILL ON
Are you sure? because, of the competing events in different locations, what happened to the triple crown??? or are you saying that the little cars will be on the other track while the real off road r/c care will be racing in the dirt track?
Old 09-25-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
Are you sure? because, of the competing events in different locations, what happened to the triple crown??? or are you saying that the little cars will be on the other track while the real off road r/c care will be racing in the dirt track?
Yes we are. We talked to Jim yesterday and the Triple Crown will be on the offroad track Saturday so we will have it Sunday for the real rc cars. JIm likes having the Bajas there and dosnt wanna loose any of us. We had that weekend planned first so he made it work so its still our weekend.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Default well that's great Mike

Originally Posted by Retaks
Yes we are. We talked to Jim yesterday and the Triple Crown will be on the offroad track Saturday so we will have it Sunday for the real rc cars. JIm likes having the Bajas there and dosnt wanna loose any of us. We had that weekend planned first so he made it work so its still our weekend.
I am not interested in the triple crown. I don't race for money only because the R/C is a hobby for me.... but it makes a nice week-end for me if i get my 1/10 and 1/5 scale truck builted and repaired for the week-end. My differential totally shot in my 5t......I know people are coming after me since i am undefeated in babj 5b......i know my buddy Ken M is a much better driver than i am and so is my friend Dave, Chris, Jeff, and few others. So I can't brag i am just ucky in my old age. I hope that they come up or down which ever....direction it is.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Default ok Roll Call

Ok, the weather is going to be nice so far according to the forcast for Sunday Baja at the Bowl. Who's coming?

1.) D-Lee
2.) Mike?
3.) Ken ?
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.