Search

NY HPI Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Frank McKinney

for some good ol' East Coast hospitality
Frank, you know we have lots of love for you here on the east coast , (btw, I gave up concours)

This is how I see it, could things have been done differently, of course, but that's with every challenge. I think they did a great job given the circumstances they faced. Hey, I had tons of bad luck racing wise, mostly caused by user error, even missed the A-main in super nitro, something I have never done before. Once again, user error. Despite the bad luck, and the user errors, I still had a great time. The sun came out on the second day and we had some good racing going on, and not to mention some great A-main action. Hey, they did a good job, and I'm going to leave it as that.

Lets stop talking about who did what, how it was done, and what did or did not happen and get to the real issue at hand.

WHERE IS NEXT YEARS CHALLENGE

Lets not wait until the last min to show HPI how we feel about the challenge series, lets show them from now, that way they can release NEXT YEAR's Challenge race dates early in the year.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Forgot to say one thing.

Kent, if your reading this, I will tell you the same thing that I use to tell Frank, if you guys hold the challenge within an 8 hour drive of MD, I will be there.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

OK, I'll plot a map of all the potential sites outside the 8 hour radius so we can be sure to leave contender out of next year's challenge.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

How about trying to talk Fernando down in Atlanta to host the race? I'm sure he wouldn't mind. They have both an onroad track as well as an offroad track.

CONTENDER, unfortunately, it's about 9-10 hours away from us.

If my memory serves me right, they have a hugh hobbytown down there, with tons of HPI stuff. I'm sure the locals would love to have a Challenge down there.

Kent? Any thoughts yet on next year's challenge?
Old 08-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know James Denmark?

He has until tomorrow night to confirm. Otherwise, it will go to Travis Lewis.

-Mike

Last edited by collins77; 08-26-2004 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nigel also needs to confirm.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Frank McKinney

Too bad the Milkman (me) couldn't be there this time for some good ol' East Coast hospitality
Shut up Frank, you #@!%@!!! $#!!@!!!

BTW, LOVE your new avatar!!!!! LOL

Old 08-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Proteus
Ray,

I understand your point, but I also understand Tang's point. I am on active duty serving as a Hospital Corpsman in a laboratory. When you have 50 + pts backed up and then you have a Major or a Colonel harping down your back on why they have to wait so long to get their blood drawn, do you think that I have the liberty to loose my cool? NO. Never!!!!!

The person Tang was talking about was rude and /or mad because he wasn't ready. In a huge event, and with the rain out on Saturday, he should have expected problems. I'm sure they have run big races in the past, so they should have expected probelems like that. They are a business. NEVER, and I mean never should they ever loose their cool.

Yes...I was surprised that the Baffers were even able to pull it of, so my hat is off to them. Maybe that "attitude" was normal......the New York attitude normal!!! LOL!!!!!!!! See you all next year

Jeff B
JEFF B????? Whaaaasupmawigga?????? I didn't know that was you!!!

Yeah, I hear ya....It's history now, but my main point was to get people to "represent" in a positive fashion, especially when road trips are concerned. The internet reaches far more people than an HPI Challenge ever could, and we need to be aware of that.....

See ya at the next Challenge!

Last edited by Ray Murray; 08-27-2004 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by collins77
Nigel also needs to confirm.
I believe that Nigel already spoke to Kent.

treky11 - ha ha ha go ahead and plot your map. Don't worry, I will be ready for next year. I won't take off the entire year and just show up this time. I still can't believe the field of racers in the A-main super nitro. Man, the guy who won looked like captain molasses, the guy who came in second had engines problems the entire weekend, and the guy who came in third hard a strong looking car but just couldn't put the pieces together, and then 4 through 10 were just plain pathetic. I think treky11 was somewhere in the 4 - 10 area .

Anyway, to steal a line from one of the peanuts characters "Just wait till next time".

10 hours hmmm, I can do that too.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

just to inform you guys, all is well with the stolen car. appearantly some guy was pissed that his savage got wrecked by another driver, and he felt he needed to walk away from the challenge with 'something'. that something being my rs4-3 for the nitro stock event. but eventually my group rounded up a couple witnesses, and an aquaintance of the thief, and all was settled. car was found in thief's residence, and returned to me.

happy ending.. i guess
Old 08-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Initiate

I'd like to personally thank all of the staff at Bruckner's who put on the race. The track was huge, they had an on-site hobby shop, a barbeque for everyone, cold drinks, an extended driver's stand, transponders, numbered chairs for the turnmarshals, and they ran a tight program with almost no technical difficulties. With the rain-out on Saturday afternoon I think everyone pulled together and had a great day of racing on Sunday. Two qualifiers and Mains with 225 entries is not an easy task. Sure, there will always be some little things that people will complain about, but overall the race was really well done.

I'd also like to thank all of the racers who came out. It is always fun for us to see the variety of people we get for HPI Challenges. From the beginning, our goal is to get HPI car owners out on the track for perhaps the first time. I think all of us remember our "first" race, and how it felt to stand up on the drivers stand for the first time. It never gets old seeing that excitement. And also the veterans, guys like fastharry, who came out to the event and came away with a race win that he will never forget. That was a special moment.

There definitely will be more HPI Challenge events in 2005, one on the east coast for sure. We'll have a full race report on our web site by Monday with lots of photos of the action.

Thanks again for a great event,
Kent Clausen
HPI Racing
Old 08-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Well said and well done Kent!

Glad to hear that the Challenges are back!
Old 08-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not to get all sentimental.....but why not..

I've been using HPI products since my first nitro rs4 in early 1997....I currently own 20 of them.....Not only was it special to have all my freinds and racing associates there..(ESP. Treky11 for keeping me calm,and for great pit work)...but it was extra special having Kent Clausen and Thad Garner there also.....

It was certainly a moment I won't forget.........Now,onto England.....where I'm going to do my best to bring a trophy home........
Old 08-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

FAST!Harry

It was cool seeing you take the win. Good luck in England. O'yeah remember slow IS fast and don’t drive in the rain.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Actually, I think its don't let Kent drive your car in the rain. I heard some where that he breaks them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.