Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules Sticky

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mr. losi
well it wasnt by me....i simply take out the word.....

I have moderated a forum and usually just edited the bad words. I also have been known to remove a whole post if it had no useful information, intelligent discussion, or is just a lot of crying around. If I were to feel the whole purpose of the post was to cause discord, it might be bye bye......Now, if the thread were about something on topic, not mean, intelligent and just had a bad word or two, I would edit the word/s.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:47 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nay0k
Frankly I don't care to discuss the merits of whether cursing turns a child into a decent person or a serial killer - just make a censor if you're so worried about it...and don't delete peoples entire posts because it contains one bad word.
Generally that doesn't ( and shouldn't ) happen. Normally just the word should be removed. Although, if it does - sorry about your luck. It is your fault for your own word choice.

Originally Posted by Nay0k
Well mine have been deleted before, for instance...
Sorry. Next time don't use those words, and you won't have to worry about it.

Generally if you can hear it on daytime TV, it's "ok" - and I know you all know which words you can and cannot use. I'm not saying they have to all be words you would use in front of a preacher/pastor, but they should be words that you could use in a 5th grade classroom.