Rules Sticky

Old 08-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Rules Sticky

Would it be possible to sticky the rules for the forum in here so there is no question as what is or is not acceptable? Thanks.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

oXYnary I saw the thread where and why you received the infraction. Frankly it's stupid. If the RCTech admins and mods are so worried about language where everybody here already knows these words, it's pretty easy to set up a censor.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nay0k View Post
oXYnary I saw the thread where and why you received the infraction. Frankly it's stupid. If the RCTech admins and mods are so worried about language where everybody here already knows these words, it's pretty easy to set up a censor.
oh fo sho, and i know some areas with plenty of spam that needs to be deleted.

I go by "its not worse than cable television" deal, and i havn't gotten my hand slapped for it.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

so then you think it is ok to use the word, sucker(with an f) on a public forum were kids read it.....

i have my moments where swearing is rampant.....however it is not appropriate to use them in many situations.....if you guys think it should be ok, then frankly you are not wanted in our community.....
Old 08-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee View Post
oh fo sho, and i know some areas with plenty of spam that needs to be deleted.

I go by "its not worse than cable television" deal, and i havn't gotten my hand slapped for it.

for the 800th time...we cannot catch all the spam on this site.....we try, but it is not always possible.....it however does not allow you to use it as an excuse to put foul language on the site
Old 08-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of R/C Tech Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of R/C Tech Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of R/C Tech Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Administrator

anyone care to debate this any longer the rules are pretty clear
Old 08-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
so then you think it is ok to use the word, sucker(with an f) on a public forum were kids read it.....

i have my moments where swearing is rampant.....however it is not appropriate to use them in many situations.....if you guys think it should be ok, then frankly you are not wanted in our community.....
I have been a member of this forum since I was 11. I am 14 now. I had no problem reading curse words or any thing like that when I joined nor do I now. I think the who little kid excuse is lame. Little kids curse all the time. They start cursing before they are browsing RC car forums. And yes I do agree with you that swearing is not needed on an RC car forum but I don't know about the whole "little kids" deal. There is no reason to swear to begin with... it doesn't matter who is reading.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post

This isn't a debate - it's a suggestion. Set up a censor, it's easy and you won't have this problem.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:01 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Moderation is always an exercise in spot checking. We can't read every single post and can't catch every single bit of spam, but since day one on this site I have always warned and in some cases banned people for using profanity. It has no place here, and I can see no reason to use it to discuss RC cars or racing.

If you want to go post a lot of profanity, do it somewhere else.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Suspended

Frankly I don't care to discuss the merits of whether cursing turns a child into a decent person or a serial killer - just make a censor if you're so worried about it...and don't delete peoples entire posts because it contains one bad word.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Administrator

Frankly I don't care to discuss the merits of whether cursing turns a child into a decent person or a serial killer - just make a censor if you're so worried about it...and don't delete peoples entire posts because it contains one bad word.
whose post was deleted?????
Old 08-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Suspended

Well mine have been deleted before, for instance...
Old 08-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Legend

Default Thanks to the R/cTech Mod`s

Don`t use bad word`s ....

K ?

We don`t need to read um....
Old 08-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Well mine have been deleted before, for instance...
well it wasnt by me....i simply take out the word.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.