Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
Should ads require a picture. >

Should ads require a picture.

Should ads require a picture.

Old 12-02-2016, 04:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default Should ads require a picture.

I know this has been done at least two other times I've found. Maybe the third times the charm. Easy question. Should an ad require pictures of the item for sale or for trade ? I most definitely think so.

What is your opinion.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

This would fall under the category of "Duh". Of course a picture should be included, I hate it when I see these for sale threads and they say PM me or text me for pics. Always a turn off for me and I never buy from these cats.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oivaf1
This would fall under the category of "Duh". Of course a picture should be included, I hate it when I see these for sale threads and they say PM me or text me for pics. Always a turn off for me and I never buy from these cats.
agreed, i think it should be mandatory. there's some forums that require you post a picture of your item with your SN, but i dont think all of that is necessary, but posting a pic is as easy as taking the pic, uploading it to photobucket or tinypic and copy/pasting the link.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 365 (100%+)

I simply skip over the ads without pics... if they have no pics or horribly blurry pics, that is an immediate red flag. The people who don't take the time to post pics I've found often don't take the time to properly care for/maintain their vehicles.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I hate it when ads don't have pics. On the other hand I have had to post ads without pics because a lot of the time this forum won't let you post a pic. I have posted several things and then had it say upload failed (when posting from my iphone). But usually I can come to work the next day and get it to work on the computer. Maybe that is something that can be fixed?
Old 12-02-2016, 05:29 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
I hate it when ads don't have pics. On the other hand I have had to post ads without pics because a lot of the time this forum won't let you post a pic. I have posted several things and then had it say upload failed (when posting from my iphone). But usually I can come to work the next day and get it to work on the computer. Maybe that is something that can be fixed?
You probably need to shrink the file size down because it is over the size limit. I have had to do that on a few of mine, and then they worked.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Yes definitely
Old 12-02-2016, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes. I don't care what is they're selling. I'll skip to the next add because if you're too lazy to post a photo then I'd assume you're selling something that hasn't been taken care of.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flat6
I simply skip over the ads without pics... if they have no pics or horribly blurry pics, that is an immediate red flag. The people who don't take the time to post pics I've found often don't take the time to properly care for/maintain their vehicles.
^^ QFT.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

No. Why? Skip it if it doesn't, what's the big? Ban "lazy" or pic challenged peeps?
Yes it's nice to see a pic, but I'll bet you guys are just bored/looking. If I am looking to actually buy something, I'm not too lazy to ask for a pic. Sellers can expect more serious inquires, instead of tire kickers.
my .02(and I have listing w/o pics;/
Old 12-02-2016, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you actually expect someone to buy what you're selling - include a photo. If you like to waste everyone's time then don't!
Old 12-02-2016, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flat6
+100, this is the truth, they want to sell a vehicle but dont post pics, then they get mad when it doesnt sell, lol. Or they ask to email for pics or text... if you can email or text, then you can easily post a pic on rctech. Its not Rocket Science... And yes mostly the ones that dont post pics have the dirtiest most worn out cars, and i dont care if they say the keep it imaculate, i dont bother with such adds...

And if the rules state you have to post a price, why not state you have to post a pic???
Old 12-02-2016, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've gotten some great deals from guys that didn't post a pic. Some guys just don't have the computer knowledge to do so. Sometimes a phone call and conversation goes a lot farther than pics and emails do... Sometimes

I've found if its a younger person that doesn't post pictures they are either lazy or are selling junk, but sometimes its just a middle aged guy that isn't computer savy, or would just rather speak to someone than through email or PM
Old 12-02-2016, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by caseyb
No. Why? Skip it if it doesn't, what's the big? Ban "lazy" or pic challenged peeps?
Yes it's nice to see a pic, but I'll bet you guys are just bored/looking. If I am looking to actually buy something, I'm not too lazy to ask for a pic. Sellers can expect more serious inquires, instead of tire kickers.
my .02(and I have listing w/o pics;/
It helps keep people honest, clear up confusion, helps to limit fraud.

its win win
Old 12-02-2016, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I dont like giving out my number much less to get a pic that should be posted. i mean it doesnt make sense to have to send pics to everyone that asks when u can just post it once.

only reason i may go to a PM to ask for pics is to ask for more or specific pics of a product before i ask for the paypal account to send the money for it. just post a pic, admins should make it mandatory

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.