Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the new x from traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (75%+)

I like how the cockpit is almost sealed, the chassis brace, the wheels and tires are pretty sweet as well! I want this thing, but I have a 24 inch long ofna dirt oval late model that is comparable to size and overall design of this girl. I bet I can save a thousand and just buy the new mmm x and the 1717 and Ill be good to go, once they are on the market anyways. Ill be patiently waiting for the chop shops to open on that day!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkiiina
Why all the hate for a new product? I agree that I wish they had gone with a standard size (1/8) but look at all you get in the package:

1. 2x 5000 mah 3s lipos
2. huge motor (that dwarfs the 2200kv it looks like)
3. a decent radio!
4. MMM esc (granted its a new variant and will more than likely have some issues)

If you conservatively price out these by themselves I ended up with around $550 ($75 per battery, 100 for motor and esc, 200 for radio). Plus when was the last time you saw a car sell for MSRP? I'd be anxious to see what it would do on 4s and with some better servos.
+1
Its by far the most innovative radio to come out in rc since I dont remember. Sure, its not a race radio, but it has all race adjustments with a screen that no one else has.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Initiate

oh man this chassis is just screaming for a le mons prototype body. just look at the undertray and the rear diffuser
Old 11-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ohdeeuhm
Very well put. At a price point of $1000+ they may not sell a as many as a new "redesigned" Slash would sell but I keep thinking about the large scale market and they seem to do great. I've been into 1/5 scale for a few years now and I've noticed that "our" particular corner of the hobby is growing rapidly even though the cars start out at $1000. It baffles me how the economy keeps declining but HPI can release a new revision of the Baja and they sell like hot cakes. I think I read somewhere that Losi sold upwards of 10,000 pre-orders on the new 5ive T and that truck has a $1600 street price. The "Large(r) scale" market is growing and this new Traxxas is pretty dang big.

Also, just like someone said above me, Traxxas definitely put the hammer down in the innovation department. One thing is for sure, my wallet is going to be on fire this holiday season.
+2
, but, I guarantee you that these will sell more than all of the 5th scales combined..think about it....all of the current 5th scales need a modification of some sort to make them faster....nothing wrong with that, but, this car starts out faster than most people need, so, all that you have to do is start at 50 and run it like a regular on road car in front of your house and increase the speed as you get better....no one is supposed to run it at 100mph all the time...its just there when you need it.....It has a speed limiter ON THE MAIN DISPLAY..drive it in the front yard at 50, find an open area to go 75, or go to a closed (safe) area to go 100 MPH..I love all the haters.....this thing is going to break sales records for big R/C .........
Check this out
http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011...raxxas-xo-1-2/
Old 11-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
I like this car.... great parking lot basher !!!! i am going to get one LOL !
were gonna sell them paid and shipped for a total of $930.00 at rrhobbydepot.com. my customers r getting the lowest price on this.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

im gonna put these on my website for $930.00 paid n shipped. rrhobbydepot.com
Originally Posted by Happy Meal
+2
, but, I guarantee you that these will sell more than all of the 5th scales combined..think about it....all of the current 5th scales need a modification of some sort to make them faster....nothing wrong with that, but, this car starts out faster than most people need, so, all that you have to do is start at 50 and run it like a regular on road car in front of your house and increase the speed as you get better....no one is supposed to run it at 100mph all the time...its just there when you need it.....It has a speed limiter ON THE MAIN DISPLAY..drive it in the front yard at 50, find an open area to go 75, or go to a closed (safe) area to go 100 MPH..I love all the haters.....this thing is going to break sales records for big R/C .........
Check this out
http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011...raxxas-xo-1-2/
Old 11-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

for $1100 i think the lower arms and turnbuckle should be thicker..they are smaller compare to the GT cars but the chasiss layout and design is very clean
Old 11-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

After 10 years in this hobby I've got to say that this one of the coolest releases I've seen yet! 100mph of the box is really incredible, but the speed isn't the only impressive thing as Traxxas has upped the game in a few different ways with this car. The first radio that utilizes the iOS for telemetry and Tx adjustments- innovative, useful, fun, and easy. Full aero package; this is just plain cool! The underside looks like an F430! The full diffuser is just way to cool. The styling of the body is actually really good too. 1/7th scale makes sense too, because 1/10th is just too small to really play around with in the average parking lot. With only 5-7mm of clearance the average 1/10th car gets beat up by pebbles and cracks too fast.
As for pricing this looks like it will be expensive, but considering that it will include 2x 3S 5000mah ($78 each on tower), a HUGE brushless system, and an iOS compatible radio that's not a terrible value. The new 5-ive from Losi is retailing for $1600 and it certainly doesn't break the magical 100mph barrier (it is a lot bigger obviously).

Come on guys 100mph in 4.98sec! That's an incredible achievement!
Ferrari 458 0-100mph ~6.5sec
Nissan R35 GTR 0-100mph ~8.5sec
Buggati Veyron Super Sport (1180bhp) 0-100mph ~4.9sec

The damn thing is as fast as a Veyron SS up to 100mph!!!! It is faster than a normal Veyron to 100mph! It is literally amazing.

This is the kind of car that can bring more exposure to the RC Car hobby by amazing the general public.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
problem is being RTR you KNOW these things will make it into the hands of some guys 10 yr old (Yes people with more money than common sense DO exist) and we will see some headline about their neighbor having his leg taken off while walking out to his car while the kid is doing 100 down the street...should not have been RTR by any means...It would have made the price point more appealing for those that actually have safe places to run these things and the experience to respect what it really is...I cant wait till the you tube videos start showing up of guys hitting curbs with these things at 100+ MPH...The carnage should be grand!!
One thing that we might be losing here in these discussions is the speed....we are not talking about a full size car hitting a kid at 100mph, ad we arent talking about a 30 pound knife hitting a kid square in the leg at 200 MPH.....Its fast, but it isnt quiet, and people have reflexes....i would imagine that the biggest epic fails will be with near misses, where someone moves out of the way and gets tapped a bit or whatever....again....you are forewarned in spades when you unlock the system for 100 MPH.
There are bb guns sold all over the country with velocities faster than these things. And they have less protections against their use than this car does!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TraxxasPeter
hahahahah $1100 for a curb dart!! lol

this is a cool idea. I'm not saying i don't like it but just think about it. your driving it a 100mph and decide to look at your iPod/iphone on the tx. yay i reached 100mph BOOM!!!!! crap. you now have a pile of what was a $1100 dollar car
All of your runs are recorded on the iphone WITH sound...you dont look at the speedometer while driving...that would be stupid

And you wont ruin the entire car by crashing it. You will break some arts....deservedly so if you drive a 100mph car head on into something..:-)
Old 11-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Here in Portland, we have a velodrome.
This traxxas could be good for resurrecting high speed/ buppy outdoor oval.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcjuK...eature=related
Old 11-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Happy Meal
All of your runs are recorded on the iphone WITH sound...you dont look at the speedometer while driving...that would be stupid

And you wont ruin the entire car by crashing it. You will break some arts....deservedly so if you drive a 100mph car head on into something..:-)
ok i get that. but there will be some idiot who will do that
Old 11-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Idk why all the hating...on road? So what? Some ppl have been asking for an on road electric...I know I have. Plus you all making a big deal on crashing curbs or hitting ppl....well hello it does say level 10 skill. Maybe ur not meant to drive the sweet car...plus...you won't have to go 100mph...If u don't want to. Straight out of the box, it will hit 50mph+... Now when you are ready...u have to unlock the esc with the iPhone or itouch...to get it to 100mph. This car is a great deal to ppl that like to race on road or even drag racing like myself...plus..speed runs are speed runs...just Maxing out ur top speed...its not like you buy a sports car like a viper or Corvette...and drive it 150mph all the time....

I'm proud of traxxas for their sweet setup and the first company to make an on road hit 100mph just like that without real mods...plus having castle work with them making an excellent motor that only traxxas has its hands on...no other company can't ...lmao. and for it to run at high spends without heating issues? Wow! No more 2650 motors on 6s !!! Haha!

Great job traxxas! Keep it up!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

FYI>>>>>I just read the press release for dealers from the Traxxas Distributor. It clearly states in the fine print that speeds of 100+ MPH are not obtainable without an I-phone or an I-pad. It does not say why but I am guessing the ESC has to be programmed to reach those speeds. I-phone not included!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
After 10 years in this hobby I've got to say that this one of the coolest releases I've seen yet! 100mph of the box is really incredible, but the speed isn't the only impressive thing as Traxxas has upped the game in a few different ways with this car. The first radio that utilizes the iOS for telemetry and Tx adjustments- innovative, useful, fun, and easy. Full aero package; this is just plain cool! The underside looks like an F430! The full diffuser is just way to cool. The styling of the body is actually really good too. 1/7th scale makes sense too, because 1/10th is just too small to really play around with in the average parking lot. With only 5-7mm of clearance the average 1/10th car gets beat up by pebbles and cracks too fast.
As for pricing this looks like it will be expensive, but considering that it will include 2x 3S 5000mah ($78 each on tower), a HUGE brushless system, and an iOS compatible radio that's not a terrible value. The new 5-ive from Losi is retailing for $1600 and it certainly doesn't break the magical 100mph barrier (it is a lot bigger obviously).

Come on guys 100mph in 4.98sec! That's an incredible achievement!
Ferrari 458 0-100mph ~6.5sec
Nissan R35 GTR 0-100mph ~8.5sec
Buggati Veyron Super Sport (1180bhp) 0-100mph ~4.9sec

The damn thing is as fast as a Veyron SS up to 100mph!!!! It is faster than a normal Veyron to 100mph! It is literally amazing.

This is the kind of car that can bring more exposure to the RC Car hobby by amazing the general public.
Best post I've seen all day lol. I totally agree dude.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.