Wiki Posts
Search

Top 3 .21 Oval engines

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Top 3 .21 Oval engines

I am looking for input on what racers are going to on .21 oval engine's. We are getting back into the oval program and looking to cary engine's for the oval seen, any input from the oval guy's would be great.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The problem is, you are going to get a million different opinions and only a few will come from people with lots of experience with lots of different motors. I bet someone will recommend the worst motor brand on the planet (I won't mention it until someone else does) simply because he is either sponsored by them or because it's the only motor he has ever run and it runs just fine for him and his C main car.

So, here are my very broad suggestions:

1. Something made by Novarossi

2. Something made by Picco

3. Something else made by Novarossi

With an honorable mention to OS
Old 04-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

ok thats fair, i am open to any opinion's, but will say we cary the Novarossi line, so i'm looking for opinion's on what guy's are running in that brand or line, how bout 28's are there about an even number who run both for certain tracks or ........
Old 04-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

Dynamite Platinum .21, the majority of the cars I see here have it, 7 of 8 cars in the A at the chili bowl had it.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

so there is a varience in power VS track grip, i know the Dyn is a smooth motor, what are guy's running on high grip track's Dyn .28's Or NR 528 etc.....
Old 04-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

I run that motor on every track, high bite or not. I was using a modded out 28 but the Plat 21 has a smoother power delivery and just as much balls as the high dollar ones I was running, and it sips fuel compared to the 28. I just change the pipe from a 007 to 053, to 068 depending on where I want the power. I havent ran a foam/clay/sidedam track but I dont feel I would lack for power, if I did I would go with the Plat 28, bought one last year and ran it once, it was too much.