Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS 12 TzR

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, I tore mine down last night and found out my carb broke too. It's the fiberglass collar on the bottom barrell, it's all cracked and such. I don't recall taking the carb out at all since the first day I got the motor.... Oh well, at least you can get that collar from Tower for $11 + shipping instead of $50 for the whole carb!!!

Dom
Old 07-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

That's good news. Do you know the part number to order it from tower?

I called them up and ordered some. Thanks that really saved me for this weekend.

Last edited by THE DOCTOR; 07-18-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Well, I tore mine down last night and found out my carb broke too. It's the fiberglass collar on the bottom barrell, it's all cracked and such. I don't recall taking the carb out at all since the first day I got the motor.... Oh well, at least you can get that collar from Tower for $11 + shipping instead of $50 for the whole carb!!!

Dom
Yea, you need to watch them. I had second place rapped-up at the regionals 45 min. main with 7 min. to go and the carb sleeve broke and the carb came out so I had to drop out.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

anyone try zeppin racing12TZ3 Dark Force ceramic engine,http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ts_id=10549,is that good,compare to murnan & os speed which one better
Old 07-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnhsp
anyone try zeppin racing12TZ3 Dark Force ceramic engine,http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ts_id=10549,is that good,compare to murnan & os speed which one better
that looks like a nice os...also you can purchase crank, p-sleeve and other parts unlike the speed os
Old 07-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dom

dom that also happen to me the thermo insulator was cracked I think its caused by the heat and when they tighten the carb retainer nut it just fails after a while no big deal...
Old 07-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
dom that also happen to me the thermo insulator was cracked I think its caused by the heat and when they tighten the carb retainer nut it just fails after a while no big deal...
I'm sure the insulator is a good idea to isolate heat, but the carb retainer actually pinches it down. I mean when you tigten the carb down, how "much" exactly do you tighten it down without cracking it?

Dom
Old 07-19-2006, 03:27 AM
Tech Elite

I'm sure the insulator is a good idea to isolate heat, but the carb retainer actually pinches it down. I mean when you tigten the carb down, how "much" exactly do you tighten it down without cracking it?

Dom
I think that is the $20,000 question.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Addict

Dom
well, dont go to lightly on it like me fearing the same problem of cracking the insulator and have the nut vibrate off... i tighened it firm then about a quatre more to be firm/tight and it vibrated off... i do it up tight now and have a crack on insulator but i seal it all anyway so its not really an issue.

nut is 3.5mm if anyone wants to know, took me a while to find a replacement here too lol
Old 07-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Just do what the book says!

Do nut up until it is 'finger tight' and then rotate nut 60 degrees more. I've done it this way every time and it hasn't been a problem.

I rechecked it after the first 2 tanks to ensure any change in tolerance due to heat cycling was taken up.

Cheers,

Mike.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dynamite
well, dont go to lightly on it like me fearing the same problem of cracking the insulator and have the nut vibrate off... i tighened it firm then about a quatre more to be firm/tight and it vibrated off... i do it up tight now and have a crack on insulator but i seal it all anyway so its not really an issue.

nut is 3.5mm if anyone wants to know, took me a while to find a replacement here too lol
Yea someone told me to use locktite on the nut when I installed it.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dom

well the first time it was cracked i found it after servicing engine.....carb was already mounted from factory....when reinstalled I just tightened down on retainer until carb was fixed and would not move.....did not use any loctite....im not very worried about the insulator they are pretty cheap and easy to replace .....every once and a while..
Old 07-20-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
well the first time it was cracked i found it after servicing engine.....carb was already mounted from factory....when reinstalled I just tightened down on retainer until carb was fixed and would not move.....did not use any loctite....im not very worried about the insulator they are pretty cheap and easy to replace .....every once and a while..
Hey Robert, got my sleeve today in the mail. The instruction says to use an epoxy to glue the sleeve onto the carb. What kind of epoxy did you use?

Dom
Old 07-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Robert, got my sleeve today in the mail. The instruction says to use an epoxy to glue the sleeve onto the carb. What kind of epoxy did you use?

Dom
I was wondering the same thing? I think that JB weld might be to perminant. I am going to try some 15 min. epoxy that I have.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Weird problem:

I was cleaning my car the other day and took the air filter off. I noticed the carb was all the way shut. Not even the normal slight crack in order it to idle. I finished cleaning the car and installed the engine, started it and sat there idling fine. I bliped the throttle and everything sounds normal. When I open the carb to a slight crack, the engine is running too fast. The idle screw does work as normal. I checked the carb for leaks and cracks on the insulator and nothing. Checked the o-rings on the carb restrictor and they were fine.

Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.