Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORCAN

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default ORCAN

any story on the orcan brand motors just curious i know their from SMI they look novarossi based
Old 02-29-2012, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, the are Nova based. The GT7 is basically the same as the Kangaroo.

It becomes interesting if you get the MH (Michael Heinrich) version.

Michael really knows how to get those engines haulin' and still have excellent fuel economy.

The same goes for the .12's
Old 02-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

who can get them in the states
Old 02-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can ship them without vat, if I'm not mistaking they are not yet imported to the us.

Until recently the engines were only sold by German and Austrian shops.
Because of the performance and demand for the engines Orcan just started to expand outside these countries.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
any story on the orcan brand motors just curious i know their from SMI they look novarossi based
Orcan somehow get the good position in some European races.
But not much people distribute this engine, as well as, I can't buy GT7 when I was in Berlin because the on-road class is not popular there. T___T
Old 03-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I can ship them without vat, if I'm not mistaking they are not yet imported to the us.

Until recently the engines were only sold by German and Austrian shops.
Because of the performance and demand for the engines Orcan just started to expand outside these countries.
Yes, Hard to find this engine.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

now just running it in
Attached Thumbnails ORCAN-469738_482835118397573_739213057_o.jpg  
Old 07-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

after racing the airtronics race the motor seems to be working well good power band i had other issues electronics wich gave me problems but will give full report after xray challenge next month
Old 03-14-2013, 02:12 AM
HHH
Tech Regular

Default New GT3C

Excited!!
Attached Thumbnails ORCAN-img_0939.jpg   ORCAN-img_0942.jpg   ORCAN-img_0943.jpg  
Old 03-19-2013, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

this is the cream of the crop really good MICHAEL H is good
Old 03-19-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HHH
Excited!!
what excited,performance?
how is the power band like?
what is the crankshaft diameter,looks like N12T1 based.

Last edited by kyosho malaysia; 03-19-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:00 AM
HHH
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia
what excited,performance?
how is the power band like?
what is the crankshaft diameter,looks like N12T1 based.
Hey Fluke,

I am exited for many reasons.

Excited because the work and finish on the engine is nice to look at and appreciate. Excited because I ran the "S" version at the WC and it worked great, better than 5 other engines I tried on that track. Excited because the S version does not have a lot of top end but the "C" version in the picture above is supposed to have more mid and high end power and torque. Excited because the C won the Euros and the S was a finalist at the WC. Excited because unlike other engines--I am pretty certain my C and S are the same ones that the pros used in those big races. Excited because at the last race at the small UTM track I was able to run 7.5 mins in qualifying without refueling. Excited because the bearings and conrods are the older versions and are cheaper to replace. excited because the crank is 11.5mm in diameter which is said to get better fuel mileage than the newer 11.9 diameter crank. Excited because both the company owner and modifier are open to and available for questions and support via email or in person if they are at your track. Excited because I love engines and count on great engines to compensate for my very average driving.

There are probably a few other reasons I can't think of right now.

As to your Qs, the S version's power is very strong out of corners into the mid medium range. The C is supposed to have more mid and high range power. I will let you know about the C once I have it race ready and tested.

The engine base is the Nova LL3, but with a longer stroke. Most of the base part numbers are similar except for the button head, the carb, cosmetic items and of course, the mods and tuning.

If you want to try one of these engines next time you come to Singapore let me know. I will let you use one but I will do the tuning.

Sam
Old 03-20-2013, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HHH
Hey Fluke,

I am exited for many reasons.

Excited because the work and finish on the engine is nice to look at and appreciate. Excited because I ran the "S" version at the WC and it worked great, better than 5 other engines I tried on that track. Excited because the S version does not have a lot of top end but the "C" version in the picture above is supposed to have more mid and high end power and torque. Excited because the C won the Euros and the S was a finalist at the WC. Excited because unlike other engines--I am pretty certain my C and S are the same ones that the pros used in those big races. Excited because at the last race at the small UTM track I was able to run 7.5 mins in qualifying without refueling. Excited because the bearings and conrods are the older versions and are cheaper to replace. excited because the crank is 11.5mm in diameter which is said to get better fuel mileage than the newer 11.9 diameter crank. Excited because both the company owner and modifier are open to and available for questions and support via email or in person if they are at your track. Excited because I love engines and count on great engines to compensate for my very average driving.

There are probably a few other reasons I can't think of right now.

As to your Qs, the S version's power is very strong out of corners into the mid medium range. The C is supposed to have more mid and high range power. I will let you know about the C once I have it race ready and tested.

The engine base is the Nova LL3, but with a longer stroke. Most of the base part numbers are similar except for the button head, the carb, cosmetic items and of course, the mods and tuning.

If you want to try one of these engines next time you come to Singapore let me know. I will let you use one but I will do the tuning.

Sam
correct in the comments on the s great torque and mid i just sent mine back for michael to look at i really am pleased with the performance on this engine i finally found a motor comparable to the jp but with better fuel mileage cheers
Old 03-20-2013, 06:09 AM
HHH
Tech Regular

Here are some pics from a while back comparing the GT3-S to the JP 3PL and the nova LL3
Attached Thumbnails ORCAN-image.jpg  
Old 03-20-2013, 06:13 AM
HHH
Tech Regular

Another

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.