Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP nitro motors

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default LRP nitro motors

hey, i recently stumbled across the fact that LRP make nitro motors?! upon doin alittle research i found that they produce 1.52HP @40,000RPM, and the price is excellent! just wondering if you guys have ever heard of them? or have had any experience with them? cause if they arent too bad ill probably grab one
Old 03-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

The LRP engines are re-labeled Picco XP 12
Old 03-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Old 03-21-2004, 02:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

thats exactly who i thought made em, hmm soo cheap to!? would they be worth buying in your opinions? also do the carbs have the same leaking problems as the sirios due to the carbs being made of composite materials?
Old 03-21-2004, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

Whats your experience level with tuning engines?

If you are new or not long into nitro then I would say no. Picco are real fast engines but are known to require more and constant tuning to keep them running fast.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

been racing nitro for a little over a year now, have had lots of experience with tuning novarossi based engines, so i dont think tuning is going to be an issue
Old 03-21-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

IMO,

they are really fast and if you have a Nova Rossi Carb that you can put on it, it will be easy to tune as well.

Where did you see pricing for these?
Old 03-21-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

inside connections, wholesale pricing, under $200 AUD im prepared to pay that for an engine
Old 03-22-2004, 03:09 AM
Tech Addict

Actually the comparison that the LRP Z.12R Team is just a relabeled Picco XP12 is not correct. The pic below doesn't show the final engine... We just had to rush to get a pic into the catalogue!

The LRP Z.12R Team will have different specs, it's more like RB-engines which are also made to their own specs at Novarossi and is not just a relabeled Nova engine!

Also we'll have a new carbie for the engine, didn't have any reliability issues with it so far. I like the new carburator, it also accepts the "normal" airfilters with the large hole.

I'll try to post an actual pic of the engine later today or tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Will that new carb fit any Picco .12?

If so, HOW CAN I GET ONE, please?
Old 03-22-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Hmm, couldn't find a really good pic on my computer. But the attached one will give you an indication how it looks...

@stefan: well, almost all carbs are interchangeable between different brands. So... Yes, it would fit your XP12 too!
Attached Thumbnails LRP nitro motors-motor-1.jpg  
Old 03-23-2004, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey burito you wouldnt happen to have any pics of the crank etc? im interested in having a look at the porting. also, does this motor have performance similarities to RB? cause i know that RB engines slightly lack some top end compared to novas but have awesome bottom-end punch!
Old 03-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

@Team-RTR: sorry, don't have a pic of the crank.
My comparison of RB/Nova and LRP/Picco was only to give you an idea how the relation is, there's no similarities between our engine and RB whatsoever as far as I know.

The Z.12R Team doesn't lack top-end in my opinion. Timing, exhaust port, etc. are all defined to allow best overall performance. Of course it's always a compromise between best possible acceleration and best possible top-end... But I feel we did pretty well...
Old 03-23-2004, 02:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

burito, i need ot know which the engine lacks, top end or bottom end, so that i can suit it with the right exhaust system for optimal performance..
Old 03-23-2004, 03:15 AM
Tech Addict

Just give me a list of the exhaust systems you like and which you consider as options. I can tell you which will work well! I tried many different exhaust systems last weekend at a test session in Fiorano (Italy)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.