Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Picco P1 .12 Turbo Factory Tuned >

Picco P1 .12 Turbo Factory Tuned

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Picco P1 .12 Turbo Factory Tuned

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Picco P1 .12 Turbo Factory Tuned

I guess the Picco EVO 4 didn't had that much popularity... Or maybe this is just a tuned better looking version of it:

Old 12-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah just saw that on RedRC....should be interesting
Old 12-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

when will this engine be released?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any more information on this engine? I don't even see it listed on the Picco site....
Old 01-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default picco evo4

kamikaze rc has it...kind of steep! 499. w/ pipe
Old 01-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

$499.00 for picco you can get a novarossi,Murnan, or a max motor for that. It will faster and last much longer.

Last edited by HoboShop; 01-03-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoboShop
$499.00 for picco you can get a novarossi,Murnan, or a max motor for that. It will faster and more last longer.
How do you know this motor will be slower than those and not last as long? Have you seen this motor run? I don't think anyone has and here you are again talking trash about picco. You must of been beaten by quite a few piccos which would explain why you hate them so much. It must be pretty depressing to have your $500+ motor beaten by a $200 Picco.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JetMD
How do you know this motor will be slower than those and not last as long? Have you seen this motor run? I don't think anyone has and here you are again talking trash about picco. You must of been beaten by quite a few piccos which would explain why you hate them so much. It must be pretty depressing to have your $500+ motor beaten by a $200 Picco.
He's gotten plenty of azz whippin's by Piccos.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default picco evo4

I like piccos...the price is a little high, however it is an EDO mod.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roach
kamikaze rc has it...kind of steep! 499. w/ pipe
Kamikaze has the EDO picco evo 4. This is not the Evo 4.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

I have nothing against piccos as a matter of fact I have a red dot tuned. It is fast but the rods and the sleeve are not up to the quailty of novarossi motors. They are great motors but I think if you are going to spend $500 you might as well get a novarossi. By the way you can win with any motor. The best driver will always win if you beat me you will have to out drive me you won't out power me. I don't know why I have so many haters I don't hate piccos I have one in my 8 scale m3 evo and nt1 ec as practice engines. I am laughing at all my haters. I will see you in va this year. But I am done talking to you haters I have to go get my xray t3 eu ready.

Last edited by HoboShop; 01-04-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JetMD
You know that I have been defending Picco engines for quite a while now and the really had a good year in 2008, but the longe I run them the harder I find it to like them.
In 2009 we had soo many rods fail with the EVO4, that it wasn't funny anymore.

We are close to Daniele, but even he doesn't know which rod is good and which not.

They are switching materials almost on a monthly basis and let the customers do the field testing.

When the Piccos hold up, they are great engines. Missing a bit of rpm's but unbeatable on fuel mileage. But you always have that bad feeling that it might break at the worst moment....

I recently switched to Sirio.....
Old 01-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoboShop
I have nothing against piccos as a matter of fact I have a red dot tuned. It is fast but the rods and the sleeve are not up to the quailty of novarossi motors. They are great motors but I think if you are going to spend $500 you might as well get a novarossi. By the way you can win with any motor. The best driver will always win if you beat me you will have to out drive me you won't out power me. I don't know why I have so many haters I don't hate piccos I have one in my 8 scale m3 evo and nt1 ec as practice engines. I am laughing at all my haters. I will see you in va this year. But I am done talking to you haters I have to go get my xray t3 eu ready.
The rods changed by decreasing the crank pin and increasing the lower rod size in the .12's from the evo3 to the evo4, that was the major production change. The piston/sleeve are basically the same although the case and crank are different (outside the case anyway, I haven't measured the inside to know)

Interesting to know you've had failures on the evo4's, it would be even more interesting to see the crank itself after the rod broke. I'll admit I had some evo3's break within 4-5 tanks of being installed so you may be on to something with the materials being changed.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Tech Lord

Through the years the quality of Picco has it ups and downs.

My 1st Picco (based) engine was the Mega P5, A good engine but sadly a very bad carburator.

After some bad things with Novarossi I decided to get a Picco, a G1-Pro. A very good and fast engine but the rod broke in the 1st race after running in. Did place a new P/S set and the sleeve broke in 2 halfs. After a deny of the distrinuter yo arrange some warranty I decided not to buy a Picco annymore.

But a few years ago the sponsor wanted to see one and bought a Mega ZX21, after running in all compression and power was gone....

I know Novarossi also has it ups and downs but not as bad with Picco's.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

So we trust that little engine or we stick with the evo3's if we want a picco ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.