Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys how much liters of fuel does a .12 (PT, KEEP ON, Virtus) takes before you start loosing power?
Old 04-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

I've run about 7 tanks through my ISON .21GT using VP Master Basher because I had a brand new gallon of it. Would I gain much from switching over to 25%?

Also the temps are not staying up once the car starts moving and even with the body on and doing a few blasts temps never go over 200-205. Runs well as far as I can tell. Probably running a little rich up top?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BuddyBaja
I've run about 7 tanks through my ISON .21GT using VP Master Basher because I had a brand new gallon of it. Would I gain much from switching over to 25%?

Also the temps are not staying up once the car starts moving and even with the body on and doing a few blasts temps never go over 200-205. Runs well as far as I can tell. Probably running a little rich up top?
At this point in the break in you can start to lean out the top end slightly each tank or so. This in turn will give you more heat and slightly more RPM. Heat is absolutely essential to a perfectly broken in Novarossi. You will also notice the motor will go rich as it starts to break in more and more. Keep at it you have a long way to go till she drops.

As far as the VP goes, I run the 25% VP Powermaster and I really like it. The race blend will render more power but you also are taking out a good percentage of oil. A lot of people I've talked to run the 25% VP with an ounce or two of Klotz Benol. I run the castor oil in the VP as well. Little castor oil adds a safety net. Id start with 2 oz if you are newer to tuning to add a little safety net in case we go a little too lean, or if you are comfortable with tuning try 1 oz.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:13 AM
HHH
Tech Regular

I just ran in and race tuned a Kangaroo .21 I bought in 2011. Everything was great, nice color on the piston, no scratches, I had excellent fuel (which is rare), etc.

When changing the conrod all went very smooth until I could not get the wrist pin out of the piston. I removed the clip covering the open end of the pin and could not push out the pin by pushing on the closed end. I got my heat gun out and tried heat with no luck. I then tried to take out the other side clip and half came out and half of the clip stayed in (clip broke). The pin is still stuck in the piston. I have changed many rods before and usually if the pin is stuck--with enough force it eventually comes out. I have never had a kangaroo before.

Any ideas why the wrist pin won't come out? Any solutions?

Thanks
Sam
Old 05-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
At this point in the break in you can start to lean out the top end slightly each tank or so. This in turn will give you more heat and slightly more RPM. Heat is absolutely essential to a perfectly broken in Novarossi. You will also notice the motor will go rich as it starts to break in more and more. Keep at it you have a long way to go till she drops.

As far as the VP goes, I run the 25% VP Powermaster and I really like it. The race blend will render more power but you also are taking out a good percentage of oil. A lot of people I've talked to run the 25% VP with an ounce or two of Klotz Benol. I run the castor oil in the VP as well. Little castor oil adds a safety net. Id start with 2 oz if you are newer to tuning to add a little safety net in case we go a little too lean, or if you are comfortable with tuning try 1 oz.
Got about 5 more tanks through it. Leaning It out little by little because as you stated it started to go rich. I think the JP2 pipe is holding me back and wanted to know what you thought about the 41019c with the 9886. Right now I am more interested in speed and just having fun. Also it came with 8 mm insert installed. If I went bigger it would give me more power up top but with less tq correct?
Old 05-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Got about 5 more tanks through it. Leaning It out little by little because as you stated it started to go rich. I think the JP2 pipe is holding me back and wanted to know what you thought about the 41019c with the 9886. Right now I am more interested in speed and just having fun. Also it came with 8 mm insert installed. If I went bigger it would give me more power up top but with less tq correct?
The 41019-c and 9886 combo is going to be the best for a GT. The JP-2 pipe isn't too bad but in my opinion and tests does not perform at the level the Novarossi pipes do. Increasing the restrictor size will give you more air which means more fuel. I usually run with a 7 to 6mm venturi as I am also looking for good run time. I would continue to break in with the 8mm as that will give you lots of oil keeping everything perfect for break in. After that I'd go with a 7 at max but you can play around and see what you like.

The ISON is a great little motor with tons of potential, you just have to put the break in time to unlock it.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

The 41019-c and 9886 combo is going to be the best for a GT. The JP-2 pipe isn't too bad but in my opinion and tests does not perform at the level the Novarossi pipes do. Increasing the restrictor size will give you more air which means more fuel. I usually run with a 7 to 6mm venturi as I am also looking for good run time. I would continue to break in with the 8mm as that will give you lots of oil keeping everything perfect for break in. After that I'd go with a 7 at max but you can play around and see what you like.

The ISON is a great little motor with tons of potential, you just have to put the break in time to unlock it.
Yeah I put another 6 tanks through it and it finally got into the 230 range. Running really nice and smooth. I'm going to go ahead and order the novarossi pipe combo and keep the 8 restrictor. I still can't even turn the engine by hand so I think I have a ways to go on the break in.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:06 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah I put another 6 tanks through it and it finally got into the 230 range. Running really nice and smooth. I'm going to go ahead and order the novarossi pipe combo and keep the 8 restrictor. I still can't even turn the engine by hand so I think I have a ways to go on the break in.
Yup sounds like your typical Novarossi. The better break in you do the more power and life you will get out of the motor. Its well worth it in the end. One day your temps will fall off and you'll have monster amounts of power. At that time you have witnessed the Novarossi coming to life. Eventually you'll be pretty close to a full race tune and that is okay, just remember to use the high speed needle to keep the rpms smooth. Too lean up top won't help you with all the work you've put in so far.

Enjoy sounds like you are getting close!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yup sounds like your typical Novarossi. The better break in you do the more power and life you will get out of the motor. Its well worth it in the end. One day your temps will fall off and you'll have monster amounts of power. At that time you have witnessed the Novarossi coming to life. Eventually you'll be pretty close to a full race tune and that is okay, just remember to use the high speed needle to keep the rpms smooth. Too lean up top won't help you with all the work you've put in so far.

Enjoy sounds like you are getting close!
It has certainly taken some work. Lol. On full throttle I am still getting visible smoke (a whisp if you will haha) having the ambient temps finally come up has certainly helped. I guess I'm just afraid to continue leaning it out especially on the bottom end. It is running butter smooth though and idles for ever.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Man I guess I have a way to go. I just checked the needles. I'm 3.75 turns out on the HSN and 4.9 or so on the LSN.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

What glow plugs would you guys recommend for the ISON GT? Strictly novarossi? Or is OS okay?
Old 05-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

What glow plugs would you guys recommend for the ISON GT? Strictly novarossi? Or is OS okay?
Stick with Nova plugs. For racing I like the C8TGT, its a newer plug that is designed for the high stress environment of 8th OnRoad. I've been testing them for a while now and it runs very well. You can also go with the C8TGH which is the go to before the TGT came out.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Pipe/header

Hello All

What is the good pipe combo for nova flash rally .21 ?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PinoyCali
Hello All

What is the good pipe combo for nova flash rally .21 ?

Thanks
Novarossi 41019-c and the Super Strong 9886, the go to pipe and header for most. I love it and live by it.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks Ty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.