Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Old 03-21-2014, 06:49 PM
  #4771  
Tech Apprentice
 
DayDAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 59
Default

Originally Posted by dan_vector
Add 0.1 - 0.2 from stock. I wouldn't recommend 25% on the .12 engines as they are designed for 16%. I certainly wouldn't break the engine in on 25%!
Should I remove the additional shims after broken in, I have a keep-on .12 and added 0.2 shims when breaking in, I have been running it with 16% for almost 4 litres since then, thanks in advance,
DayDAY is offline  
Old 03-22-2014, 04:12 AM
  #4772  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,098
Default

Originally Posted by DayDAY
Should I remove the additional shims after broken in, I have a keep-on .12 and added 0.2 shims when breaking in, I have been running it with 16% for almost 4 litres since then, thanks in advance,
stock shim is for 16%
kyosho malaysia is offline  
Old 03-26-2014, 07:40 PM
  #4773  
Tech Apprentice
 
DayDAY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 59
Default

Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia
stock shim is for 16%
Thanks for the input.... that means I have to remove the additional shims 0.2 mm for 16%, thank you.
DayDAY is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 03:27 PM
  #4774  
Tech Master
iTrader: (35)
 
Drew Manzella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Christiansburg VA
Posts: 1,068
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

I bought a Kyosho V-One RR off eBay and it came with a Novarossi SX12 in it. However the head has something else engraved in it (as well as a sticker of the same logo on the body).

Can anyone tell me more about this engine?

Attached Thumbnails Novarossi engines thread-engine.jpg  
Drew Manzella is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:04 PM
  #4775  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,844
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
I bought a Kyosho V-One RR off eBay and it came with a Novarossi SX12 in it. However the head has something else engraved in it (as well as a sticker of the same logo on the body).

Can anyone tell me more about this engine?

This is a Serpent NovaMega based on a Novarossi. The engravings are MS the initials of Michael Salven.
Bundy_Bear is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:30 PM
  #4776  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
I bought a Kyosho V-One RR off eBay and it came with a Novarossi SX12 in it. However the head has something else engraved in it (as well as a sticker of the same logo on the body).

Can anyone tell me more about this engine?

It's a Novarossi 3-Port badged as Novamega which was Serpents line of engines about 10 years ago. This is probably an evo1 engine and MS means it's a Michael Salven (owner/designer at Serpent) version which had some basic tuning done I believe. Very good engines in their day.
dan_vector is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 04:57 PM
  #4777  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,844
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dan_vector
It's a Novarossi 3-Port badged as Novamega which was Serpents line of engines about 10 years ago. This is probably an evo1 engine and MS means it's a Michael Salven (owner/designer at Serpent) version which had some basic tuning done I believe. Very good engines in their day.
Dan:

Can we go back to the Impulse Pro days with NovaMega's? Serpent was leader of innovation then as Kyosho Spyder MKII was closed until the V-One R and MTX2 were released.
Bundy_Bear is offline  
Old 03-27-2014, 05:30 PM
  #4778  
Tech Master
iTrader: (35)
 
Drew Manzella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Christiansburg VA
Posts: 1,068
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Thanks guys. I got the car as a parking lot beater. There is no place around here to race onroad but since I have raced touring cars I couldn't bring myself to buy an RTR beater - so I bought an older hig end car (and got this engine along with a second complete roller to boot).

I raced against V-Ones back in the day (I ran a Trinity Reflex and then an HPI R40) as well as the MTX3s and Serpent Impulses. I too enjoyed that time.
Drew Manzella is offline  
Old 03-28-2014, 07:28 AM
  #4779  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
TeamCarnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Highland In. USA
Posts: 2,075
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
Thanks guys. I got the car as a parking lot beater. There is no place around here to race onroad but since I have raced touring cars I couldn't bring myself to buy an RTR beater - so I bought an older hig end car (and got this engine along with a second complete roller to boot).

I raced against V-Ones back in the day (I ran a Trinity Reflex and then an HPI R40) as well as the MTX3s and Serpent Impulses. I too enjoyed that time.
Drew- Not sure where you're at in VA, but a new track is being built here:39597 Wenner Rd.
Lovettsville, Virginia, 20180 They are going to host a leg of the Midwest Series.
TeamCarnage is offline  
Old 03-29-2014, 08:20 AM
  #4780  
Tech Master
iTrader: (35)
 
Drew Manzella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Christiansburg VA
Posts: 1,068
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Lovettsville is about 4 hours from me. It isn't far from where I grew up (Frederick MD).
Drew Manzella is offline  
Old 03-30-2014, 09:46 AM
  #4781  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
GREGORY!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 1,110
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Drew Manzella
I bought a Kyosho V-One RR off eBay and it came with a Novarossi SX12 in it. However the head has something else engraved in it (as well as a sticker of the same logo on the body).

Can anyone tell me more about this engine?


you must turn the head 90 degrees so the slot is faced the front of the car.
GREGORY! is offline  
Old 03-30-2014, 02:28 PM
  #4782  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,332
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Dan:

Can we go back to the Impulse Pro days with NovaMega's? Serpent was leader of innovation then as Kyosho Spyder MKII was closed until the V-One R and MTX2 were released.
Ahhhhh the good ol days!!
dan_vector is offline  
Old 04-22-2014, 04:54 PM
  #4783  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 97
Default

I have an ISON .21 GT and need to know the factory needle settings. I have a hard time idling now after 2 tanks of heat cycling.
BuddyBaja is offline  
Old 04-22-2014, 05:47 PM
  #4784  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 503
Default

If your motor bogs then dies you are too rich, if its idling very high you would be lean. As you cycle the motor it will go richer so you will need to be on top of that. The Key to a good break in is all temperature. Going back to factory will be extremely rich and give you most likely the same problem. Read the break in bible and also the tuning bible they will help a ton with this. Get the motor warm 180-200 at least for where you are at. Then establish a good idle, idle is all low speed and idle needle balance. Bogs its too rich and you will need to slightly lean.

Factory settings can be found on Novarossi site. If you go to the motor and open the PDFs on the right you can find the stock settings. Everyone's needles will be different in operation though.
TerribleTy is offline  
Old 04-22-2014, 05:57 PM
  #4785  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 97
Default

Yeah I think I'm running way too fat on the low end because with the body on and the car on the box I'm not hitting 200 at all lol.
BuddyBaja is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.