Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best .21 for Rally???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Best .21 for Rally???

I'm confused, shall I go for an onroad engine, lose some low end torque but gain top end power or shall I go for a buggy for a vise versa effect?? Is there an engine in between?

I saw some companies offer Rally engines, GRP, NOVAROSSI etc, however from the specs, they are very similar to onroads but with bigger cooling heads.

Please help... I'm looking for the BEST engine for rally, no matter the cost.

The car is BMT 081 RALLY....
Old 12-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

You will need a torquey motor to really move the weight of the car so I would go with a off-road motor. 3 port or 5 port
Old 12-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adofly
I'm confused, shall I go for an onroad engine, lose some low end torque but gain top end power or shall I go for a buggy for a vise versa effect?? Is there an engine in between?

I saw some companies offer Rally engines, GRP, NOVAROSSI etc, however from the specs, they are very similar to onroads but with bigger cooling heads.

The SIRIO .21 Rallye spec engine will be the best for the BMT 081 rallye car, saw one run and it has the perfect amount of torque and speed.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Lord

The RB C6BB-T7 could be the best choice. It is an offroad engine with in the base an onroad engine. Tons of torque and enough RPM.

Maybe a Novarossi 35-plus-21 is the best onroad choice. This engine is made to have torque and still runs high RPM's
Old 12-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

George is right, look for a good off road .21 motor. I had a Technokit SPRY Rally Game car several years ago and had and O.S. .21 VZB in it. That motor had plenty of torque and top end speed. I think there is and O.S. .21 VZB V-Spec which is now available. I believe it's hand modified but I may be wrong. You should check to see what the hot motor is that all the off-road guys are running nowadays.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 12-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adofly

There is no "the BEST engine for rally." There are many engine manufactures that make great engines for Rally Game application. Below are a few engines which will work great for Rally Game, if that is what you are looking for....

OS. Speed Tuned .21 Vspec(T)
RB Concepts C6BBT LG2(MM)
Novarossi 359 Rally .21
Picco P7 Evo 3

This list can go on and on, each one of us on this forum, likes a particular engine and particular brand, so many of us will have varying answers. Good luck in your search for the Best Rally game engine, once you find the one, let us know what engine you decided upon.