Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Stuck sleeve....help.......... >

Stuck sleeve....help..........

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stuck sleeve....help..........

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Default Stuck sleeve....help..........

-Guys, i pulled the old Novarossi apart tonight (the one below where i was asking for part #s) and the last Einstein to put the sleeve back in clocked it about 30 degrees and it didn't register on the locating pin. I tried heating te case with a heat gun to free up the sleeve to push it out with the butt end of an old toothbrush but it wont budge..............ANY other ideas on how to get the sleeve out w/out damaging it so i can put it back in properly? The motor still has a pretty good pinch so i also tried to use the pinch to push it out but still no go........need help from the motor GODS.............Matt..........

Old 12-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Old 12-02-2007, 03:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Im in a similar situation, though i just cant get it out in the first place, OS 12 TZ.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well gents i think Boss make a liner remover.

Might be a shot at getting it out.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Lord

Put a small tywrap or a rope through the port and turn the crankshaft slowly so the piston will push up the sleeve.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Rookie

It might be easier to get it out if you could relieve the pressure between the sleeve flange and the locator pin? It looks like the pin is jammed right into the sleeve flange and the flange is deformed (it's under that much stress/pressure) and that's virtually locking the sleeve in place.

You might need to use a Dremel and remove some material around the pin?

Either that, or...get a piece of hardwood dowel...like maybe 3/8 to 1/2" dia. X about 8 to 10" long, and use that to push the sleeve up. You can get a better grip on the dowel (w/ leather gloves) than a toothbrush, and perhaps even tap on the end of it with a small/light hammer. (I have had to do that with old, reeeaaallly varnished airplane engines) In conjunction w/ some heat.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Take everything off of it and put in the oven @ 250 - 300 degrees for 15-20 minuted( makes everything expand) use very good gloved(so you don't get burnt) pull it out, set in a vice and use a hard wood dowel(like the post above said) and tap it out. I have seen this before and this is what we did to fix it.

Hope that helps,
Joe Maxey
Old 12-03-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Take everything off of it and put in the oven @ 250 - 300 degrees for 15-20 minuted( makes everything expand) use very good gloved(so you don't get burnt) pull it out, set in a vice and use a hard wood dowel(like the post above said) and tap it out. I have seen this before and this is what we did to fix it.

Hope that helps,
Joe Maxey
....got it out..but, now i elongated the big end in the rod.....i'm gonna need luck finding a rod.........