Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
ProTek R/C 321B “Samurai” Off-Road 3-Port .21 Competition Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug) [ >

ProTek R/C 321B “Samurai” Off-Road 3-Port .21 Competition Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug) [

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

ProTek R/C 321B “Samurai” Off-Road 3-Port .21 Competition Buggy Engine (Turbo Plug) [

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Who won the Amain giveaway? I can't find where they announced the winner.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just ordered my Clocked Samarai! Can't wait.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i have a half gallon through mine at its very smooth linear power. It idles better than anything i have ever owned
Old 09-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RiPPeN302
?????
Old 09-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RiPPeN302

ME 2!! Getting one for my truggy!!!
Old 09-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

What does the Clockworks MOD provide that a regular OS speed doesnt have? Power, smoothness,great idle,reliability and ease of tuning. Run time is the only thing I think can be slightly improved. I am not trying to start a MOD/Stock war. But I have run OS for a long time and they have been pretty legit if I may say so. Just looking to find out what the extra for a Mod provides on an already top of the line engine.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by underway
What does the Clockworks MOD provide that a regular OS speed doesnt have? Power, smoothness,great idle,reliability and ease of tuning. Run time is the only thing I think can be slightly improved. I am not trying to start a MOD/Stock war. But I have run OS for a long time and they have been pretty legit if I may say so. Just looking to find out what the extra for a Mod provides on an already top of the line engine.
Power.

Keep in mind we are talking about the Samurai which is 95% Vspec speed. The xzb is a different architecture and sucks at run time. My Samurai is great on fuel but no where near as potent as an xzb in the power dept.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

VZB was never a slouch power wise to me, it was a lot smoother. I was just curious as to what the mod provided on what should theoretically already be a badass engine. Thanks blaze.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Maybe ask that in the mod thread. You won't get much of an answer here.
+1 on the vzb speed engines the WC II Speed is still my favorite engine to date.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank L
+1 on the vzb speed engines the WC II Speed is still my favorite engine to date.
+2 on the vzb
Old 09-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
I wont be going back to my XZB spec 2 in buggy anytime soon...
Old 09-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

What does the Clockworks MOD provide that a regular OS speed doesnt have? Power, smoothness,great idle,reliability and ease of tuning.
honestly the timing on this thing is already up at 220+ degrees or near it, there's no way you can really increase that, so I don't see how it has any purpouse having this thing modded at all, other than wasting money.

Sounds like a big huge placebo-project which costs money.

Usually what modding means is taking some engine, increasing the timings. This would obviously work best on an engine which has low timings from before. Something which only has like 200 degrees, would obviously benefit.

Honestly though I was massively disappointed with a modified Alpha engine that I bought (which I won't name the modder), there wasn't that big a difference from the regular one. Also, when compared to my non-modded XZ-B Speed, even the modded Alpha seems like a slouch.

I just don't think these modded engines are worthwhile. OS SPeed is the ticket for me at least, others might prefer other things.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:33 PM
am
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Eivind E
honestly the timing on this thing is already up at 220+ degrees or near it, there's no way you can really increase that, so I don't see how it has any purpouse having this thing modded at all, other than wasting money.

Sounds like a big huge placebo-project which costs money.

Usually what modding means is taking some engine, increasing the timings. This would obviously work best on an engine which has low timings from before. Something which only has like 200 degrees, would obviously benefit.

Honestly though I was massively disappointed with a modified Alpha engine that I bought (which I won't name the modder), there wasn't that big a difference from the regular one. Also, when compared to my non-modded XZ-B Speed, even the modded Alpha seems like a slouch.

I just don't think these modded engines are worthwhile. OS SPeed is the ticket for me at least, others might prefer other things.
The old Evind is back, talking nonsens again. Even i can get more power out of an old VZB speed. yes, normally it is alot abaout timing, but there are more ways than one to get more power ;-)

And no, i wont tell anyone Lol
Old 09-03-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

So go ahead then Mr. Mehren, why don't you educate us all, there's 219 degrees of timing, the crank is already slugged w/silicone, where are you going to get all this magic performance from?

Sounds like a steaming pile of BS from AM as usual.
Old 09-03-2014, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

True facts would be nice

Last edited by Chris Reilly; 09-03-2014 at 07:49 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.