Wiki Posts
Search

Picco 5 TX !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Picco are great engines bit putting them next to nova and os?? That cortiania phone has gone to your head.
I have a novarossi keep off 4 and the Picco 5tx. The Picco is just as smooth, but will tear it a new ass down the straight!
Old 10-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gt racing
compare for example picco 5tr team spec with Nova Clio P5. About same prize.

Picco is miles ahead, i know it because i own both.
Will sell the Nova after half gallon, just disappointed from this engine and really happy with picco.

Just because Nova is bigger/more popular it does not mean you get a good engine for 300-350 $...

Picco are second to none and have proven themselves to be some of the best (some will say THE best) engines on the market. Obviously people will always have brands they are loyal to any will not try anything else nor say good things about any other brand. A lot of people seem to have opinions or outlooks on engines even if they have not ran or owned a particular engine but somehow they have an opinion about it. But in every aspect of a nitro engine the Picco engines are xlnt.

Which is why the reviews and feedback have been xlnt. Picco did it right, even though they are one of the oldest engine manufacturers (actual manufacturers not just names on another manufacturers engine) they took the time to listen and revamp their engines to put out the absolute best product possible and it shows. But the popularity is indeed increasing all on its own, even without big ads, high paid drivers etc.. Its the fact that it is an xlnt product and that sells itself.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vinny Cancilla
I have a novarossi keep off 4 and the Picco 5tx. The Picco is just as smooth, but will tear it a new ass down the straight!
The Picco engine are just plain faster. That's not saying anything bad its just a fact.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have been running the 5TR in truggy this season and it has been great but I had to try out the new 5TX in it. I built a new Mugen MBX7T and broke in the 5TX and ran if for it's first race at the West Virginia Offroad State Championship at TCRC in Lavalette WV.

The 5TX with 2120 pipe was great during both practice on Friday running it a little rich and then leaning it out an hour or two on top before qualifying started on Saturday. I didn't attempt 10 min stops as the engine was still a little on the rich side but during quals I had half a tank after around 6 mins of running. The Amain was great as I was able to finish in 1st place and had fun on a great layout that the 5TX had no problem handling.

I will be putting a new 5TX in a buggy once I receive the new MBX7R and see how it compares to the 5TR. I like both the TR and TX in truggy and once I get some more fuel through it, I will probable know for sure which I prefer.

Last edited by Keith Lewis; 10-05-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Keith Lewis
I have been running the 5TR in truggy this season and it has been great but I had to try out the new 5TX in it. I built a new Mugen MBX7T and broke in the 5TX and ran if for it's first race at the West Virginia Offroad State Championship at TCRC in Lavalette WV.

The 5TX with 2120 pipe was great during both practice on Friday running it a little rich and then leaning it out an hour or two on top before qualifying started on Saturday. I didn't attempt 10 min stops as the engine was still a little on the rich side but during quals I had half a tank after around 6 mins of running. The Amain was great as I was able to finish in 1st place and had fun on a great layout that the 5TX had no problem handling.

I will be putting a new 5TX in a buggy once I receive the new MBX7R and see how it compares to the 5TR. I like both the TR and TX in truggy and once I get some more fuel through it, I will probable know for sure which I prefer.

Thanks for the update/feedback Keith and great job

Both the TX and TR are proving to be 10 minute engine for most in buggy and in truggy most are reporting around 12 so y our report on half a tank after 6 min qual reflects that and will get better when its all broke in and fine tuned.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Picco boost 5TX team spec with M2C 4 shoe clutch and 2046 pipe what an absolute monster this mill is ballistic and to top it all off 11 minute run time could not be happier thanks PICCO
Old 10-13-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DREWS
Picco boost 5TX team spec with M2C 4 shoe clutch and 2046 pipe what an absolute monster this mill is ballistic and to top it all off 11 minute run time could not be happier thanks PICCO

Thanks so much for the feedback
Old 10-17-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

After one gallon, 9.30 minutes on buggy, 210F
Idle like a champ:-)
Old 10-17-2014, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

What's the approximate race tune settings on the TX

Idle Gap:
Low Speed:
High Speed:

Thanks in Advance.............................

Last edited by Retired09; 10-18-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:23 AM
dia
Tech Apprentice

Hello. Can you please help me.
I received my new 5tx engine and went on to disassemble it,inspect ,clean it and put it together as I do with all my engines. My problem is I can't take the piston out. I can't take the connecting rod out of the crankshaft, because there is not enough room. The top of the piston touches the crankcase well before the rod is even close to coming off the crankshaft. I haven't tried to push things to the limit because I'm afraid I may scratch the piston.
I've never faced this problem with any of my engines and I can't think of what I may be doing wrong. Any ideas?
Thank you in advance for any replies.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I'm not understanding, if the head is off and the sleeve is out rod should slide off the crank. It may be tight because both are new and the tolerance is tight. I really dont think there is a need to tear down and clean other than just to see what is inside when new. But power to you. Take a picture if you can.

The Piston should have plenty of room at both TDC/BDC to wiggle the rod off the crank. I use a piece of dental floss if I cent get it with my finger. It sounds like maybe your sleeve is still in the case?
Old 10-20-2014, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dia
Hello. Can you please help me.
I received my new 5tx engine and went on to disassemble it,inspect ,clean it and put it together as I do with all my engines. My problem is I can't take the piston out. I can't take the connecting rod out of the crankshaft, because there is not enough room. The top of the piston touches the crankcase well before the rod is even close to coming off the crankshaft. I haven't tried to push things to the limit because I'm afraid I may scratch the piston.
I've never faced this problem with any of my engines and I can't think of what I may be doing wrong. Any ideas?
Thank you in advance for any replies.
had the same challenge with my 5tr. i took a zip tie.
after run-in process it slides off easy
Old 10-20-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My suspicion is your crankshaft is not pushed forward all the way..Sometimes a bump to the nose can push the crank backwards ad make removing the connecting rod difficult...... use the backside of a deep 3/4" socket and a clean glowplug wrench to tap my crank all the way forward....

Also a 1/8th dogbone makes a great tool for removing the connecting rod.....I have one from a HPI savage and it works awesome !
Old 10-20-2014, 10:14 AM
dia
Tech Apprentice

Thank you for your replies. Sleeve is out,and the crankshaft is all the way forward. I will try the zip tie or the dogbone way a try ,if I don't take it out I will then put it together and retry after the run in process.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey guys,
just wanting to know how interchangeable the parts are on the Picco and Reds engines?

For example, if I have a reds r5tte that requires a rebuild, is there any reason I could not use a picco 5tx or 5tr sleeve/piston/button combo in the reds block with the reds crank and rod?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.