Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
FX Royal Racing Engine Thread >

FX Royal Racing Engine Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree61Likes

FX Royal Racing Engine Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 04:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ctsvls2
Its just that they made big announcements like it was going to be something revolutionary.....and its an incremental update. they could have just made these changes on the run and not even had a press release. Its not a different engine, its a marketing thing to get people convinced that if you have the "old" 5k, you need to upgrade.

Very Appleish.......

(BTW, I like both Apple and xray/hudy/fx...LOL)

Either way....My next engine purchase will be an FX! I want to give them a try.
i see your point.
BUT, nova for example, every year "new" engine line-up. selling all same engines on 3 different brands with different colors...

i will try the K5 for sure.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gt racing
i see your point.
BUT, nova for example, every year "new" engine line-up. selling all same engines on 3 different brands with different colors...

i will try the K5 for sure.
Hahaha....good point.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ctsvls2
Its just that they made big announcements like it was going to be something revolutionary.....and its an incremental update. they could have just made these changes on the run and not even had a press release. Its not a different engine, its a marketing thing to get people convinced that if you have the "old" 5k, you need to upgrade.

Very Appleish.......

(BTW, I like both Apple and xray/hudy/fx...LOL)

Either way....My next engine purchase will be an FX! I want to give them a try.
Agreed. I still claim the 5K is one of the top 3 engines on the market. We sell them to inexperienced racers because they just keep running regardless of the tune. I'm just disappointed that Hudy is treating this like the Xray line making things obsolete after a year or so and killing the resale value.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jaz240
making things obsolete after a year or so and killing the resale value.
Engines have a resale value
Old 03-04-2015, 06:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper RX7
Engines have a resale value
I own a hobby shop. I didn't mean used.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

But this engine says new and improved on it. That one that looks identical doesn't say new, it must be garbage. Sell me the one that says new for the price of the not new one.

This may seem silly but in retail this is all to common.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

so how is it any different bringing out a new model every year to every two years from a retail point of view?

I would have thought that waiting longer for new models would make it worse for the older engines, as then the perception is that it really is ancient.

Just chuck a clearance sticker on it, and 5% off the price and to the "inexperienced" racer you are selling these engines to, it wont make a lick of difference, and experienced racers run new engines every season anyway, so you're golden.
Why should retailers trying to clear items out, stop a machine like Hudy from bringing out improved stuff for racers who will appreciate the improvements.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Engines has landed in Denmark. I'll get two on Friday (one for Peter Harder and one for me) I'll break in this Saturday

Life is good
Old 03-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

... and a new FX Efra 2131 pipe?

http://news.efra.ws/fileadmin/news/2...03%20march.pdf
Old 03-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
But this engine says new and improved on it. That one that looks identical doesn't say new, it must be garbage. Sell me the one that says new for the price of the not new one.

This may seem silly but in retail this is all to common.
You dont know how true that is man
Old 03-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
so how is it any different bringing out a new model every year to every two years from a retail point of view?

I would have thought that waiting longer for new models would make it worse for the older engines, as then the perception is that it really is ancient.

Just chuck a clearance sticker on it, and 5% off the price and to the "inexperienced" racer you are selling these engines to, it wont make a lick of difference, and experienced racers run new engines every season anyway, so you're golden.
Why should retailers trying to clear items out, stop a machine like Hudy from bringing out improved stuff for racers who will appreciate the improvements.
That mentality is a big part of what's wrong in RC IMO.. (No offense. I just disagree. Nothing personal..) The constant demand for new stuff by certain people makes these companies constantly push the stuff out, killing the value of everything in ridiculously (and unsustainably) short cycles. The wheel is not reinvented with every new iteration. Not every new product is better than the previous model.

A Nova P5 is an "ancient" engine, and still totally viable.

And engines DO have resale value. Also used. Just like anything.. Except maybe whatever you buy on itunes....
Old 03-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There is just no pleasing some people.

How many changes do you want for it to be "new and improved"?

1:- new sealed combustion chamber with larger surface for improved heat transition to the engine head.
2:- new redesigned lightweight engine head with improved cooling.
3:- new carburetor
4:- new needles which help to improve easier carburetor setting and ensures more linear power of the engine
5:- plenty of other refinements of smallest details based on improved manufacturing processes.

Thank You Mr Hudy for listening to the people who actually run your engines and making the changes we ask for.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TrickyMick

1:- new sealed combustion chamber with larger surface for improved heat transition to the engine head.
4:- new needles which help to improve easier carburetor setting and ensures more linear power of the engine
5:- plenty of other refinements of smallest details based on improved manufacturing processes.

Thank You Mr Hudy for listening to the people who actually run your engines and making the changes we ask for.
this! end of the story, now where is my engine
Old 03-05-2015, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

*puts down pitchfork*
Old 03-05-2015, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TrickyMick

So they made some tiny changes in the finishing of the block, the height of the cooling head, and installed an updated carb.

No timing changes, no port changes, no crank changes, the ceramic bearings and DLC coated crank are the same....but yet being advertised as a refinement.

Like I said before....I am all for improvement, and I like the product, its just not new. Its a version of the same....a 2.0......a refinement.

But.....we are splitting hairs, so I will concede.

I can't wait to get my hands on a 5k, k5, dc, b5, whateveryawannacallit and try it out! This is for sure my next engine purchase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.