Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion or Tecnopower

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Go makes very good engines. This mentality that engines have to be Italian or OS is outdated and blind prejudice pure and simple. The Go GXII is a ripper..
Your 100% right, but I still won't buy one of those pieces of poop!!!

Last edited by J.Whiting; 11-20-2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: language
Old 11-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
the issues lye in quality consistency , I would never say that any of the taiwan made engines wont go fast , you just wont get ten straight engines without a problem of some sort .

they all should be ripping engines as they began life as copies of the higher quality big dollar engines

Btw whats wrong with the p5xlt? Its right,around 200$ now and an awesome engine !

Originally Posted by IROC-AR15
Thanks but I've had bad durabilty experiences with the Nova engines.
Then your going to have quality issues with any motor.. NovaRossi is one of the best made engines made..

Last edited by J.Whiting; 11-20-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: language
Old 11-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

There was a pretty involved thread here on one of the German forums recently with people - and not newbs, but very experienced racers - complaining about a drop in Novarossi quality, or rather quality-consistency to be more specific, in the last few years..(same guy buys 2-3 Plus 4's and has one die after a couple gallons, one go great, etc..) And that thread was separate from all the Toro Nero horror stories.. Quality-consistency is a problem throughout RC, including NR. I personally would buy a NR - if the price were right.. Not because of the name.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Where can I find that for that much? After doing a Google search cheapest I seen was $273 plus shipping.

Thanks but I've had bad durabilty experiences with the Nova engines.
do tell?

it is nice to hear any and all problems that people may be having with any engine that is offered by myself and I believe in .

it is also necessary to look back at your experience and determine whether or not it was user related or an actual problem with the engine itself IROC , thats the tuffest thing to do . i myself am pretty forthcoming with any and all issues that i know of with products .
Old 11-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

There was a pretty involved thread here on one of the German forums recently with people - and not newbs, but very experienced racers - complaining about a drop in Novarossi quality, or rather quality-consistency to be more specific, in the last few years..(same guy buys 2-3 Plus 4's and has one die after a couple gallons, one go great, etc..) And that thread was separate from all the Toro Nero horror stories.. Quality-consistency is a problem throughout RC, including NR. I personally would buy a NR - if the price were right.. Not because of the name.
elaborate if you would , either in pm's or here

novarossi has tried to step out of their perverbial box a few times over the past couple years and a few things worked and a few didnt , they are on track right now , i get to see alot of the novarossi and novarossi made engines , i do know
Old 11-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

http://shop.rcproproducts.com/Alpha-...BT5PA-A352.htm

motor only.. you might have been looking at the motor/pipe combo
Old 11-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Well, I'm not one of these people who narrow-mindedly assume that an engine has to be Novarossi or OS - as good as they surely are, and go on about everything else being junk. I am also an unabashed cheapskate, who, though I own a lot of RC's and even more engines at the moment(one of which is a REX Nova P215 something-or-other, which I raced in my last buggy race..), don't take racing all that seriously.. I do it when I have time. And I still bash MT's too.. - and enjoy it. Anyway, point being, I normally write NR off - mostly because of the price. But I should also admit - after reading around and watching some videos recently, I was surprised to go find how cheap a PS5XLT is... Prices on engines generally have gone down a lot in the last couple years..(ligh-bulb-over-the-head-smiley*....)

I got a 528XR back in the day btw, and it was an absolutely horrible untuneable PIA. I don't give a d.amn what anybody says - I did everything under the sun with that engine, and it never tuned. Sold it to a guy who ran a different fuel, and it worked fine for him without having to touch the needles..

Anyway, I believe the 21's are good for racing, and a good investment if you take racing seriously. I don't though. And furthermore, I've had good experience racing cheaper, Taiwanese engines..

I really don't want to go back and read through this thread in German.., but basically these guys were saying Nova quality-consistency has been poor the last couple years.., and yeah, as I said, a couple of the guys had bought 2-3 Novas, and had very mixed results with them. "Nova's not what it used to be" was the gist.. Again, not newbs either.. (I also heard this about Picco-made Orion CRF engines from sponsored Kyosho drivers a couple years ago.. They got five per season, and were lucky if three ran right... This also about Italian engines.. And interestingly, this is not five engines going to five different people, and being broken in and tuned differently with different fuels and plugs or whatever, but all in the same way by the same person...) I know a local guy who had a horrendous experience with a Toro Nero - and that just confirmed all the stuff you could read in the forums about them..

IDK - I certainly don't know everything. But I am sick of all the brand-cheerleading and trashtalking in RC.. It's just lame. At that last race I ran in, the only real buggy or truggy that stood out as being extra quick was a Serpent buggy with the new Go GXII.. As with the cars themselves, it's much more about the setter-upper (and driver..) than the brand name on the cooling head afaic..

I'd buy a P5XLT(if I got an extra good deal on one ha ha..) But I wouldn't expect it to be a whole bunch better than my Argus to be honest..

* Probably not surprising that, if price goes down, quality might too.. Even for stalwarts like NR.

Last edited by Herrsavage; 11-20-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Originally Posted by houston
do tell?

it is nice to hear any and all problems that people may be having with any engine that is offered by myself and I believe in .

it is also necessary to look back at your experience and determine whether or not it was user related or an actual problem with the engine itself IROC , thats the tuffest thing to do . i myself am pretty forthcoming with any and all issues that i know of with products .
I don't need to pm you cause I'm not scared to voice my opinion and you're not selling me anything. I had a connecting rod snap on a .21BF and a NR .12 seize....the second maybe was user error but the .21bf was when I was pretty experienced tuning and I do not attribute to my mistake. My Losi 427 has been very dependable.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
http://shop.rcproproducts.com/Alpha-...BT5PA-A352.htm

motor only.. you might have been looking at the motor/pipe combo
Nope that's exactly what I'm looking for. I have two pipes now and will be getting the other from you, thanks

Well, I'm not one of these people who narrow-mindedly assume that an engine has to be Novarossi or OS - as good as they surely are, and go on about everything else being junk. I am also an unabashed cheapskate, who, though I own a lot of RC's and even more engines at the moment(one of which is a REX Nova P215 something-or-other, which I raced in my last buggy race..), don't take racing all that seriously.. I do it when I have time. And I still bash MT's too.. - and enjoy it. Anyway, point being, I normally write NR off - mostly because of the price. But I should also admit - after reading around and watching some videos recently, I was surprised to go find how cheap a PS5XLT is... I got a 528XR back in the day btw, and it was an absolutely horrible untuneable PIA. I don't give a d.amn what anybody says - I did everything under the sun with that engine, and it never tuned. Sold it to a guy who ran a different fuel, and it worked fine for him without having to touch the needles..

Anyway, I believe the 21's are good for racing, and a good investment if you take racing seriously. I don't though. And furthermore, I've had good experience racing cheaper, Taiwanese engines..

I really don't want to go back and read through this thread in German.., but basically these guys were saying Nova quality-consistency has been poor the last couple years.., and yeah, as I said, a couple of the guys had bought 2-3 Novas, and had very mixed results with them. "Nova's not what it used to be" was the gist.. Again, not newbs either.. (I also heard this about Picco-made Orion CRF engines from sponsored Kyosho drivers a couple years ago.. They got five per season, and were lucky if three ran right... This also about Italian engines.. And interestingly, this is not five engines going to five different people, and being broken in and tuned differently with different fuels and plugs or whatever, but all in the same way by the same person...) I know a local guy who had a horrendous experience with a Toro Nero - and that just confirmed all the stuff you could read in the forums about them..

IDK - I certainly don't know everything. But I am sick of all the brand-cheerleading and trashtalking in RC.. It's just lame. At that last race I ran in, the only real buggy or truggy that stood out as being extra quick was a Serpent buggy with the new Go GXII.. As with the cars themselves, it's much more about the setter-upper (and driver..) than the brand name on the cooling head afaic..

I'd buy a P5XLT(if I got an extra good deal on one ha ha..) But I wouldn't expect it to be a whole bunch better than my Argus to be honest..
I hear you sir, I am a cheap person myself, not a dedicated racer but will be getting more involved. I'm simply looking for a .21-.25 that isn't hard on the wallet and offers decent if not good performance since everyone tells me I can't race with my teal head 427.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

There are probably 30 excellent, good value for money engines out there to choose from. A couple of which are Novarossis.. This was just covered in the other "best 21 for the money" thread...
Old 11-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

There are probably 30 excellent, good value for money engines out there to choose from. A couple of which are Novarossis.. This was just covered in the other "best 21 for the money" thread...
If you're talking about the thread where you replied first that is not a cheap person's thread...$300 is a little more than I plan to spend.
Looks like I'll stick to either the Alpha A352 .23, GO GXII GX5R, or Orion .24 based on everyone's input. Techno got pushed out cause people made a point they are going out of business
Old 11-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where

If you're talking about the thread where you replied first that is not a cheap person's thread...$300 is a little more than I plan to spend.
Looks like I'll stick to either the Alpha A352 .23, GO GXII GX5R, or Orion .24 based on everyone's input. Techno got pushed out cause people made a point they are going out of business
any of the three you have will do just fine
Old 11-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

any of the three you have will do just fine

Forgot to add the Argus Argus A52, it's looking real good at $179 also

Old 11-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Forgot to add the Argus Argus A52, it's looking real good at $179 also

yes same as this one i am selling.. this is just the alpha version..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-nib-sale.html

jeremy
Old 11-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

yes same as this one i am selling.. this is just the alpha version..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-nib-sale.html

jeremy

Okay cool nevermind

Last edited by IROC-AR15; 11-21-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.