Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
header pops off power increases... >

header pops off power increases...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

header pops off power increases...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default header pops off power increases...

i have a rc10gt with an OS .18cv. i was running it one day when the scews for the header must have backed out and the header popped off. it seemed the power increased instantly and by quite a bit. i didn't continue running it with the header and pipe not connected but i'm just curious as to why the power to seemed to increase drastically. is there something i can do to maintain this power with tuning with pipes/headers? is the stock GT header too constrictive for the OS .18cv?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rootdown4594
i have a rc10gt with an OS .18cv. i was running it one day when the scews for the header must have backed out and the header popped off. it seemed the power increased instantly and by quite a bit. i didn't continue running it with the header and pipe not connected but i'm just curious as to why the power to seemed to increase drastically. is there something i can do to maintain this power with tuning with pipes/headers? is the stock GT header too constrictive for the OS .18cv?
Your engine went dead lean because of no back pressure. All you can do is try out different pipe combos to see whats going to work best without frying your motor,
Old 10-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

it is not possible to get that tune .. yer engine turned lean becuz there wud be no back pressure in d fuel tank hence feeding the carb no fuel ..