Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THE Engine.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 10:31 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Frank its not the same as the others. But I guess haters got to hate. No one else has an engine like this one. It is unique.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

I assume that this is the engine we all looking for....

O.S. VZB Vspec 2

SPECS:
Practical RPM Range: 3,000-40,000
Output: 2.5 ps @ 34,000 rpm
Displacement: 0.211 cu in (3.46cc)
Bore: 0.654in (16.6mm)
Stroke: 0.630in (16.0mm)
Weight w/o Muffler: 12.3 oz (349g)

What ever the case , either O.s engine , either bullit engine or whatever engine.... THE GUY DESERVES the HATS OFF !!!!!

and yes the engine is UNIQUE....... nothing is more bling-bling than TheENGINE logo or the TUNE ME RIGHT AND I WONT STOP !!!!

THATS UNIQUE !!!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Farest O.S. makes them can't go wrong with it!!Hope it will be around 300$...Good luck to the Engine!!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Really, how many engine fabricators are out there. 4 or 5. The rest just have the manufacture build to their specifications. It is no different than Lambo putting in an audi engine or vice versa and badging it as theirs.

Good luck to JQ and his endeavors. I have one of his cars and by far he is the most honest when it comes to what went wrong and where. This engine, be it an OS fabricated jewel, will be the same. JQ will have OS tweak it to his desire and put his name on it.

Personally I have never run an OS engine but I hear great things about them. If I had not just purchased my RB shark10 I may have tried one of these. Regardless he is doing something that he loves and ensuring his integrity by maintaining honesty with his products..

GOOD LUCK JQ.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

where do you guys find this as a OS xzb speed knockoff? when it clearly a knockoff of the original vzb speed? I mean, come on, marketers copy what is new, true racers copy what is proven. duh

would like to ask what changes with the sleeve? Is it more a vspec or speed? Or is it some altogether new port design? is the crank slugged or barebones? details....
Old 06-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

knock off produced in Japan? thats kinda weird...I thought knock offs were made in china or taiwan........
Old 06-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny t
where do you guys find this as a OS xzb speed knockoff? when it clearly a knockoff of the original vzb speed? I mean, come on, why copy what is new, and instead copy what is proven. duh

would like to ask what changes with the sleeve? Is it more a vspec or speed? Or is it some altogether new port design? is the crank slugged or barebones? details....
It's a mix of both the old and new speed. Old Speed internals and carb, new case and low c.g. head.

It's not a knockoff...it's made by OS.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ilias
knock off produced in Japan? thats kinda weird...I thought knock offs were made in china or taiwan........
you win the award for taking things so literal...
Old 06-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

"literally".. Adverb.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

I don't know why you mention 'old mixed with new'....

This engine is new, the (combnation of) parts is new, the design is new, it is a result of JQ Products specification/wishes, research on materials, testing of different combinations, track testing, cost analysing, etc...

In my opinion this makes it a new engine.

I don't see other manufacturers design a new crackcase for a re-labeled or new model, I remember GRP/Ninja, OS/Ninja, NovaRossi/RB, Werks/Sirio Mega/Picco and numurous other brands...
Old 06-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Thank you JQ for sticking w the short stroke on your engine. The Engine will be The S*#t.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Yes it will, smoother more controllable power, easier to tune, runs better, more mileage, by far. I LIKE!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

JQ If U didn't I would be concerned.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JQ
Frank its not the same as the others. But I guess haters got to hate. No one else has an engine like this one. It is unique.
So we are expected to believe that this is not just another rebadged engine in a long list of rebadged over the last few years. We know, we know, "it's different, not the same, you changed the blah, blah" So JQ has figured out what Orion, OS, Novarossi, and RB could not? Come on Dude, your ego grows like your nose Pinocchio! LOL

Its not hating, we are just making fun of the obvious. LOL,
Old 06-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just by looking at the engine you can clearly tell that this isn't just a rebadged XZ-B like the other OS made engines that have come out recently. Anyone that knows OS, knows that this engine isn't one that's been done already. It may be close, but not exactly. I'd like to see the insides before going too much further into what makes this one different, but he ain't lying when he says it is unique. At the very least it is the VZ-B speed in the much stronger XZ-B/ninja style crankcase(which is a big plus), but again without seeing more I don't know what all is different.

Besides what does it really matter? It's made by OS. It will be good.

I love the sense of humor in the naming/labeling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.