Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
OS FS26S-C 4-stroke development >

OS FS26S-C 4-stroke development

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree64Likes

OS FS26S-C 4-stroke development

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Tech Rookie

I an new to this forum.Have been building a new project for a while with a brand new fs26sc I bought this summer.I will post the build when I get more time but here is the build I put up on other forums.Since I don't care for electric r/c except my rock crawler and trail truck this is the way I thought traxxas should have built there new funnycar
Finally have some updates to this build.I got to shake it down several weeks ago and get some break in done.Its faster than I thought to start even though I have not run it that hard yet,The last post was where's the supercharger??Well its on now and it is even more stupid crazy fast .If anyone thinks these super chargers don't really work(my self included)I can now say holy !@#$% I am impressed.I think the reason it works is its on a 4 stroke.The thoughts were on a 2 stroke it just blew the mixture right through the engine.Well enough of the blah blah,enjoy the pictures of the finished (but still more mods being done as we speak)build.Thanks for looking.

Last edited by pitgrunt; 12-04-2013 at 11:39 PM. Reason: more story
Old 12-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitgrunt
I an new to this forum.Have been building a new project for a while with a brand new fs26sc I bought this summer.I will post the build when I get more time but here is the build I put up on other forums.Since I don't care for electric r/c except my rock crawler and trail truck this is the way I thought traxxas should have built there new funnycar
Finally have some updates to this build.I got to shake it down several weeks ago and get some break in done.Its faster than I thought to start even though I have not run it that hard yet,The last post was where's the supercharger??Well its on now and it is even more stupid crazy fast .If anyone thinks these super chargers don't really work(my self included)I can now say holy !@#$% I am impressed.I think the reason it works is its on a 4 stroke.The thoughts were on a 2 stroke it just blew the mixture right through the engine.Well enough of the blah blah,enjoy the pictures of the finished (but still more mods being done as we speak)build.Thanks for looking.
Very cool build. I love any model with the FS26s-c and FS40s-c. I'm just finishing up a project myself.

It's a Kyosho V One RRR converted to 235mm to accommodate the Audi Quattro IMSA shell powered by a O.S FS26s-c using a FS30s piston and sleeve.

FOR SALE Kyosho KF01 SP F1 RC with Route 246 Parts

FW05RR with O.S. FS26S-C For Sale
Old 01-29-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know if the FS26 and FS40 parts on backorder at Tower Hobbies ever come in. I'm tempted to place an order for a .26 pull start backplate, but I didn't know if this is one of those situations where the site says they are expecting late January now, but will change to May or August or something and stay backordered indefinitely. I've dealt with Tower forever, but I've never dealt with parts as scarce as these.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Can parts from the FS-26s-cx be used to convert the airplane FS-26 or FS-30 to car use? I have heard that the camshaft is different but can the crankshaft, backplate, and starter shaft from the FS-26s-cx be used to convert the airplane engines to car use?
Old 02-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

all the parts are interchangable, but good luck finding them. parts are getting hard to find for these motors.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys, still new to the whole nitro thing, and literally only just in the past three days discovered 4 stroke nitro.

im currently building a large scale trail truck/crawler type vehicle, and have currently got mounted up a thunder tiger 0.21 pro 2stroke and that runs into a traxxas summit two speed transmission for the gear reduction but still being able to maintain a bit of wheel speed if i so desire.

right this minute im considering purchasing a Magnum 210851 just because its cheap and its a four stroke, but its an aeroplane engine so not exactly sure how id go about the transmission/clutch etc.

i wont be able to bump start it as its inside the engine bay, electric start of some description isnt out of the question if a normal rota start type thing can be fitted to the block

manual construction of items isnt out of the question either, as everything so far has either been modified or scratch built anyway.

tools i have available to me are a drill press, bench grinder, drop saw, dremel, mig welder, plus a few other hand tools and such.

heres a few pics of the truck as it sits right now so you can get an idea of what im heading towards. its not pretty. lol

and the engine in question.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Tech Initiate

ive since been offered an OS engine, told it was a OS40, but not sure exactly what it is, however its still a plane engine so clutch conversion is still the main factor at this point.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:44 AM
Tech Initiate

it seems obvious that either im asking questions that have been answered hundreds of times, or i havent asked clearly, or, this thread is just not really monitored like it might have been once upon a time.

i purchased my engine today. its an OS FS-40 Surpass. Aeroplane engine.
ive done a bit (alot) of research regarding the engine itself and what parts are interchangable with the car version, and i have come to understand why the car engine makes so much more power.

but so far my quest has begun with the search for an FS-40s-c crankshaft to convert it to run a clutch. I dont suppose anyone has one laying around do they :P

alternatively, it seems appropriate that a heli clutch may fit and work at a lower RPM that would be more suited to my build.

am i asking in the wrong thread?
Old 05-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I wonder if the older Kyosho flywheels/clutch may work on the threaded crank or if you notch the end near the crank bearing. I'd say the bigger issue is trying to locate the car version engine head with full valve assembly. Luckily you can find the camshaft on eBay.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:27 AM
Tech Initiate

ive found all the parts i need to convert to the car version available online. everything except for the crankshaft...

anyway, i just started a new thread here to ask about using a differential from 1/8 buggy as a manual clutch unit.
here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...l#post13266617
Old 09-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Have an OSFS26cx for sale, new in box.
I also have an OSFS26c camshaft, valve springs and gasket set. New in packets. Selling as a set only.
Pm if anyone is interested.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Have not been on here forever but noticed you had a fs26 and parts for sale.Any remote chance you still have these and a price for all of it.Thanks, Paul
Old 12-25-2014, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

video please very koool!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:54 AM
Tech Rookie

well, re-reading this is a blast from the past!

glad i did note down all my gear ratios somewhere.

well, the 4 stroke has sat around forlornly for a year or so. i fired one up for a plane and then...yeah. had a major shred of the gears... had to put it on the shelf and think about it instead of using it...

but.

but.

but...

i finally found a "c" cam. i wont say what i paid, its embarrassing! just a random ebay search the other night popped one up, locally too!

as soon as this sucker arrives im gunna be getting that dial indicator and degree wheel out, do a full map... lift at every 5 degrees.

and finally confirm whether the "c" is different to the stock or not, seeing as noone has kindly taken the time to clock one before.

then the choice of car this time...

HSP is a no-no i think.

i have a tmaxx... maybe too big.

the cen mg10/16 or the gv bv1?...

or a bike...

choices, choices!

gears? this time i will be cutting gears 3 or 4 speed.

thats enough for now...
Old 02-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

i think a 2 year bump is in order. lets keep the thumpers alive.

so its been a while since i posted here. my fs40s-c powered nitro tc3 has been retired, several years ago i decided to move it to a bigger project. here is my twin fs40s-c powered traxxas xo-1

most of this car is custom built. i built my own flywheels, clutch bells, pilot shafts, everything in the 3 speed is custom built (except the shifting clutches, those are hpi savage). the engines are fed with custom intake manifolds and run traxxas 3.3 carbs. i really havent gotten to run it much. i actually built the car 4 years ago now, and the first run ended with some transmission problems, and then life got in the way. ive gotten the version 2 of the transmission built and it seems to be working ok, but weather is keeping me from testing it.

on another note, im looking at starting another thumper project, an ofna 1/8 scale buggy. ive had this sitting around for a couple years, it was a failed project of building a gas powered 1/8 scale using an evolution gs15 gasser. i dont care to stick another .21 in it, and ive got an extra .40s-c cam and valve springs, as well as a 40s-c crank, so i figure i may as well build another. im looking to do this a little different though, im wanting to go bigger.

so i seem to remember you can put the .40s-c cam in the .52s, and can build a very torquey car engine. i need to review this thread to find some better info on that. now im looking at the magnum/asp engines, they appear nearly identical to the os. i also see the magnum asp .52 and .61 are very similar, they share the same crank. im just trying to find enough info and if i could actually use an fs40s-c cam in a magnum .52 or .61.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.