Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle (Everett) area support

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Seattle (Everett) area support

I am moving to the Everett area in a few months and I was wondering what kind of onroad 10th scale car support I will be able to get. I was thinking of getting the V one Rr (evolution) or the mtx3. Can any of the local shops support these cars or does anyone else in the area evenn run these cars? I also have a calandra bloody knife 3.2 and a mbx5. How is the support for these cars in the area as well? Who should I contact? Thanks in advance........Slingblade
Old 01-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Raincity raceway races 1/10th and 1/12th scale onroad down in lynnwood, which is about 10 minutes from everett. Just installed new carpet on their indoor track.

http://www.raincityraceway.com

Offroad indoors, you will have to go to tacoma, which is about an hour and half or so from Everett. Outdoor offroad, they race than in Marysville, which is about 10 miles north of everett, but they don't start till around april or so.

Later EddieO
Old 01-04-2004, 08:39 PM

most tracks and there web sites are listed on another thread in this forum, i'm sure you will find your needs.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

And for Nitro Touring…

Don’t forget the local parking lot races during the summer.

Lynnwood Hobby Town is across the freeway from Rain City (rubber tires) where they race every Saturday weather permitting. I have seen some very competitive 1/10 touring races. Mostly AE-NTC3.

Seattle Area Radio Controlled Auto Racers = SARCAR races monthly on a Sunday (foam tires) at Renton One Place. ROAR sanctioned or so I have heard.

Atomic Hobbies races for fun in their Issaquah parking lot on some weekends.

There were rumors of racing in the South Everett K-Mart lot (or was it Wall Mart?) on Saturdays last summer.

The local Everett Hobby Shop is Tim’s Hobbies. I’m not sure if they have parts support for Kyosho or Mugen. Be careful at Tim’s though. They are more interested in getting your short term money than your future business. They will sell you stuff you don’t need and then turn around and refuse to sell you parts you think you do need. Or maybe its just me. Give them a call.

---
Old 01-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guess I'll step in here and give a few bits of info-

Most shops/tracks will order parts-some do it more often or better than others.

We at Rain City do a lot of special orders-give us a call, 425 776-8241... or e-mail.. [email protected] with the PART #... and we'll get back to ya.... (closed on Mondays)
We can order almost anything, we do a lot for the SARCAR racers, off-road, 1/8, 1/10, nitro, electric and even some plane stuff.
But part numbers and descriptions are VERY important. Hard to find stuff with descriptions...(the little black round thing that holds the shock into the chassis that attaches to the part that moves!! aaahhh! hahaha)

We order almost on a weekly basis. We can order direct... special windings for motors, and more. Our prices are very competitive with mail order, but we do need to make a buck or two... and if you want the service, we are happy to help you out.

If it's a new item or back-ordered, there's not much anyone can do. But we can let you know the status.

Truth-Calandra has been a tough one for a number of years for me. They may be better now, but I will be honest, if it isn't available to our major distributors, you should go direct with them. Sometimes it's easier for the owner of a car to get service than a dealer. Don't understand that, but that's the facts....

Mugen or Kyosho etc hasn't been a problem so far.

We've had a lot of new RC folks coming to the Northwest-glad to meet you all.
I have to say, that the Northwest has some of the best and nicest drivers... all the way from Oregon to Canada... all willing to help. I think it's because our tracks are limited, they come and go-and so they will help out as much as possible to keep everyone alive and racing.

As for racing, most outdoor racing is spring/summer. Wonder why? hmmm.... Winter is at THE RAIN!! Come on by and check it out. 2004 is starting off great!
debbie