Search
Like Tree14Likes

T.R.C.R. ---Pit's Talk---

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Losi Chaser
October 10-11.
Awesome! Thanks! And heard a rumor that Stock SC is 13.5?
Old 08-24-2015, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

No clue but wouldn't think it would change to 13.5 for one race.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OnAMission22
Awesome! Thanks! And heard a rumor that Stock SC is 13.5?
We'll see what goes on the flyer but that's what I've heard. Couple of folks (myself included) already have 13.5's strapped in! Makes the SC feel a lot more like a 17.5 buggy in terms of available power
Old 08-25-2015, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Scott mentioned they plan to run SC stock with 13.5 motors. This is true for either the gold cup or regular club racing.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by corrolla2
the only indoor dirt around here r trcr nw and cgrc sounds like a 6 race series to me
it might not be other than a club thing
Old 08-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corrolla2
it might not be other than a club thing

gold cup is for sure 13.5 and i believe the plan is to keep it 13.5 after the gold cup
Old 08-27-2015, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

I'm not talking about motors, I'm talking about a series that scott said might be more like a trcr only series on the weekends in the winter. It was me trying to give some insight on what might happen, sorry if it was misleading.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Gold Cup coming up Oct. 10th & 11th

New layout looks fun at trcr, gold cup should be some great racing
Old 10-05-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello,
I'm going to get back into racing after 15 years and have a few questions for you local TRCR drivers.

First, a little back story of me. I was not "totally" into racing back in the late 90's but for a young parent with a limited budget I tried to compete with the other guys and fell short a lot of times but it was still fun and for me that was enough. I got out of racing because of money and my interests switch to PC games that were cheaper per month to do. Last year my father-in-law whom is retired decided he wanted something to do when he was down in Arizona and he picked driving RC cars for fun, beings he had never driven a "Hobby" type rc before I recommended to him that a Traxxas Slash would be a great starter for him, after doing a little googleing it seemed they are the better of the RTR's that were strong. So he picked up 2 2wd Traxxas Slash, well needless to say after taking them down to Arizona and trying to get some of the other retirees to drive with him (cause we all know when you drive alone it boring) they did not want to join in, so for Xmas last year he gave me and my son both trucks with 4 lipo's and charger. Then once again I was bitten by the Hobby bug but this time I knew I could not afford to be competitive with the other drivers at the track with my income so I chose to go the Scale Trail truck route, with the help of eBay I pieced together a Axial SCX10 with remote night time lights and a BEC to give my high torque waterproof servo all the power it needed, well about the time I got everything going we had a misfortune in the family (my wife has been a stay home mom since my son was in 6th grade) well our 12 year old beagle which was my wife best friend had to be put down and it tor my wife apart. Well 5 months after that she was upset from missing her companion during the day, she was able to find a pair of puppies in Virgina for around 700 dollars total including airfare to us which around here they are 800 per dog. Well my vision of going out with the family and doing some trailing was over also my son didn't like the "slowness" of a trail truck. So again back to ebay I went and found us some Slash 4x4 rollers for $140 each picked up 2 of them, got him a VXL3s and picked me up a Ezrun WP SC8 with a 4600kv motor, we decided we would pull the body and tires off the 2wd and headed to the track and had a blast. Now I found a LCG chassis for the 2wd for 10 dollars each (missing some screw but the local ace had that covered for 5 dollars). Then we picked up some Trackstar 120a Brushless Sensored ESC's, with some 17.5t Trackstar motors(I went with 17.5t cause on TRCR website it says the 2wd SC/Stadium truck class uses 17.5t motors). And now here I am. (Sorry about the long winded version).

I know a lot of you are Losi, AE fans and not Traxxas fans but like I said budget wise this is what I have to deal with.

So some questions I have are...

1) Did I pick the correct motor with the 17.5t or will I need to go get a 13.5t now?

2) What tires should I get? (amainhobbies.com has AKA Racing Wishbone Short Course Tires (Pre-Mounted) (Slash Front) (2) (Black) (Soft) for $13.75 for a set will these work)

3) Should I get a Traxxas body or one of the Pro-Line/JConcepts "air flow" ones?

4) Will a 25c 5000mAh LiPO's be good enough to start?

Well that's pretty much it, I know Scott is local and you should support your local shop but last time I was there I was told 70 dollars for wheels and tires well $28 vs $70, I think I will have to go with the online purchase for now.

Thanks for reading.
Sidubya

Last edited by Sidubya; 10-05-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sidubya
I know a lot of you are Losi, AE fans and not Traxxas fans but like I said budget wise this is what I have to deal with.

So some questions I have are...

1) Did I pick the correct motor with the 17.5t or will I need to go get a 13.5t now?

2) What tires should I get? (amainhobbies.com has AKA Racing Wishbone Short Course Tires (Pre-Mounted) (Slash Front) (2) (Black) (Soft) for $13.75 for a set will these work)

3) Should I get a Traxxas body or one of the Pro-Line/JConcepts "air flow" ones?

4) Will a 25c 5000mAh LiPO's be good enough to start?

Well that's pretty much it, I know Scott is local and you should support your local shop but last time I was there I was told 70 dollars for wheels and tires well $28 vs $70, I think I will have to go with the online purchase for now.

Thanks for reading.
Sidubya
1) SC's are currently running 17.5 or 13.5. You will do just fine with the 17.5 for quite a while I imagine, while your skills increase. When first starting out, slower is faster...

2) Jconcepts Dirt Webs in Gold compound. I think scott has them for SC. Call the shop and inquire

3) Dunno. Won't matter too much when starting out. Pick the one you like the look of the best. There ARE advantages to a lighter body, and one that vents air.

4) Perfect battery to start. Should last you quite a while

And your question, TRCR uses the mylaps transponders. We also have "house" transponders that you can borrow until you get your own! They just clip on to an extra hole you ream out, and held in place with a body clip.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

any pics of the gold cup layout??
Old 10-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
1) SC's are currently running 17.5 or 13.5. You will do just fine with the 17.5 for quite a while I imagine, while your skills increase. When first starting out, slower is faster...

2) Jconcepts Dirt Webs in Gold compound. I think scott has them for SC. Call the shop and inquire

3) Dunno. Won't matter too much when starting out. Pick the one you like the look of the best. There ARE advantages to a lighter body, and one that vents air.

4) Perfect battery to start. Should last you quite a while

And your question, TRCR uses the mylaps transponders. We also have "house" transponders that you can borrow until you get your own! They just clip on to an extra hole you ream out, and held in place with a body clip.
Thanks for the advice.

Now time to go hunting
Old 10-05-2015, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monty c
any pics of the gold cup layout??
The Live RC is always on. Nice to check in on it now and then..

More dirt and some elevation changes... looks like a fast layout.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default Pictures

Gold cup pics
Attached Thumbnails T.R.C.R.   ---Pit's Talk----image.jpeg  
Old 10-05-2015, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default One more

Pic
Attached Thumbnails T.R.C.R.   ---Pit's Talk----image.jpeg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.