Search
Like Tree14Likes

T.R.C.R. ---Pit's Talk---

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by loriding69
How is it you missed the whole picture.

And as far as your comment goes for onroad spec classes. They are NO where near being extinct. Cherry, get it together dude. Honestly, don't talk about onroad if you don't know. I will say this to you..... Practice makes perfect so MOD buggy i'm going to give it a try. (by the way, Daniel Lee waxed all of your azzes with a boosted 17.5 last year NOW WHAT)!
Just look and compare the pictures of the Sizzler though
the last 5 year's dude ....

That proof enough, and you think I'm in dream land ??

Please tell me what your "picture" is ?

I do respect your opinions......
Old 08-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I will be honest with you, yes the pics say otherwise. But, I will say it again BUT.... The Sizzler was dated along with other Big events. So that took down the entry count. Trust me, if they were to have the Sizzler on a date that no other big events were scheduled, it would be a massive turn out. Onroad isn't going away at all. Neither is 17.5. Get use to it dude!!!

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Just look and compare the pictures of the Sizzler though
the last 5 year's dude ....

That proof enough, and you think I'm in dream land ??

Please tell me what your "picture" is ?

I do respect your opinions......
Old 08-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kamahaobuilt13
hey brother great job at nats

seems like ill be back for winter i gots to get everything new cause i sold everything oh well hope to have your help again aloha
Dude, Family first and foremost. I will be there in the winter this year. I just took last year off to take a break. It's on a popping now!

Thank you about the Nats comment!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I dream that someday we will eventually eliminate the stock class's & just have open 2w bug , 2wT, 4w, sc, ect.....

Of course a Novice class for each class as that would be good for business..

If my dream came true today?
We would all be racing each other, not split in two as now...

A,B & C mains would decide how fast you are, not your motor....
then you should work towards having that dream come true, but as you know, even those of us that maybe should be running mod, will not be badgered into doing it by you and will run stock just to spite you.

and I'm pretty sure I can go back and find a post that you made stating you will go faster with a faster motor, (don't you hate that I have a good memory)

EE

The present program is not working ....

We could make racing so much better for everyone ....

Sedan has nothing but spec class's or rather favored spec, correct ?

Now on the very edge of extinction......

Having a true novice class would go miles in making racing more fun for the entree level racers that just started the sport....

They need protection from guys who have major equipment & racing experience advantages....

These racers are who pay the bills and keep the track open to all of us ..

All the experience racers ?

Will still come back anyway no matter what kind of motor they can or cannot use ....

Because they love racing .....
uumm george, you know theres no novice class at Nationals for these beginners to race in don't you, so then they don't really need protection from the sponsored guys.

Favored spec, umm not sure what that is sorry? but on road is not on the edge of estinction. its not a popular as off road, but thats another story. perhaps a trip to TZ this winter for the grandprix where people from all over the country come to race will help convice you, btw, hows that carpet track coming, your gonna need the practice if you still plan on going.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Legend

I will be honest with you, yes the pics say otherwise. But, I will say it again BUT.... The Sizzler was dated along with other Big events. So that took down the entry count. Trust me, if they were to have the Sizzler on a date that no other big events were scheduled, it would be a massive turn out. Onroad isn't going away at all. Neither is 17.5. Get use to it dude!!!

E

My point is if you cut off the flow of new blood from entering any R/c racing program ?

Long term bad for attendance..

The spec programs for our sport were intended to a stepping stone to the mod class's .

Now days ?
We have all but stopped stepping up & now cry stock is a separate racing class on its very own .....

I tell you now , more bad if we don't change & soon ....
Old 08-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

yep i would have rather been at nats with you, but saving up for parts for the bike and future trips, heck when worked called for ot on sunday I skipped the second day. never done that before

btw did you make to the texas road house??

and why you base a comment like that on the sizzler anyway.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

E

My point is if you cut off the flow of new blood from entering any R/c racing program ?

The spec programs for our sport were intended to a stepping stone to the mod class's .

Now days ?
We have all but stopped stepping up & now cry stock is a separate racing class on its very own .....

I remember a long time ago you once told me that, you even quoted Rick H. but when I look at the paved nats results, guess who was running one of the spec classes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

E

Now days ?

Dude, last i checked. The Fast guys in MOD all started in stock and just wanted something faster to drive. Stock is a class where the novice come in and learn and get faster quicker with the fast stock guys.

I will challenge you. Run 1 stock race in buggy (17.5 non boosted) and if i beat you, you will drop this whole mod/stock crap you keep throwing out there. DEAL???

ps, it can't be till sometime in the next 2 months either. My buggy is in pieces and i don't want you to say tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Legend

I'm not really into challenging you E ...

rather just tossing opinions about improving the race program with you....

so we can help make racing grow .....
Old 08-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not really into challenging you E ...

rather just tossing opinions about improving the race program so it can grow into what it can be .....

ok, that's all i needed to know.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Tech Legend

ok, that's all i needed to know.

Can't wait for you to get her on the track and give me a run .....

That will be fun .....
Old 08-21-2011, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

I was searching the forums and came across this discussion and I felt the need to chime in on a few things.

I have been racing for less than a year, so I would consider myself as that new guy coming into the hobby not knowing any tricks to gain a competitive edge. I did what every other new guy probably did, look at what the fast guys run, and make an educated decision on which products I want to try.

I went to Nationals and made the A mains on my own knowledge, I have zero sponsorship's, other then my debit card. Everything in my vehicles is off the shelf, in fact I bought the battery I used at NorCal Hobbies the day before the mains.

I used a Thundepower charger which has a cutoff setting, you simply set it to get your voltage where you need it to be. I didn't need to be told that, I figured that out after reading the 8.5 limit rule, so I went through the chargers settings menu and set it appropriately.

All this seems like fair stock racing to me, I didn't have to tweak anything or do any tricks or have years of experience to be competitive. I was surprised to have to race against sponsored drivers, but I took that as a challenge rather then a road block.

I also spent all of my time on practice day trying different things, I have never driven an outdoor track like NorCal before not to mention the track was huge compared to what I normally run on. I tested things like different gearing, and motor timing settings to see what felt good. I learned and adapted to those conditions. A lot of people rely on what other people do, and what settings or gearing they run instead of figuring out what will work for them on their own. I had countless people coming up to me asking what my gearing was and how much motor timing I was running, I told them, but I always said unless you have the exact same components as me your mileage may vary, and it did.

In regards to Danny, I know something happened to his motor in short course in the very first seeding practice run, I overheard something about the stater melting from overheating and it shorted out. I also know that right after the run ended he walked straight over to Bob (Roar official) on the driver's stand and asked for that run to not count towards the seeding because he knew something was wrong. I thought he had a great run, and was confused by that until I heard later what happened. Roar removed that practice run, and he went on to seed the top spot again. Keep in mind all this happened during practice. His motor was off the shelf just like mine was, I watched him pull it out of a new sealed package, there was no rotor zapping (whatever that is) going on, and he never had to open the motor and re-tech it, he used the same motor from the first qualifier all the way to the end of the main, and he was using a regular LRP Pulsar Touch charger, nothing special. He also bought a new battery from NorCal that weekend and used it in his buggy. I watched him try so many different things to get his car where it was, I seen three different speedos(LRP, Novak, and Tekin) go in the car, a bunch of different pinions until he found what worked for him. He also had Roar officials breathing down his neck and watching every move he made all weekend because of the complaining going on. I would never call someone a cheater, or say someone is cheating unless I actually seen them cheating. I also seen a guy come up to him and call him out on the motor, and Danny offered to sell him the motor out of his car on the spot. He also offered to numerous drivers to help them with their setup. He wasn't keeping any secrets from anyone.

I am sorry you got the perception you did from others.

A lot of people don't realize there is more to being fast and making hard jumps then just having motor, for example at the Nationals I was able to go through the middle section double, triple, triple, single. Other guys couldn't do this, hell I couldn't do it at first ether until I walked the track and found that there was more lip on the right side of the jump then the left, so I changed my line, also guys were over jumping the first double and not down siding it making it impossible to triple out.

After the Nats where over a few of the local guys were out on the track trying to do it, and they couldn't I explained to them how I was able to do it and they said they didn't have the motor to do it, so I asked them if I could do a lap with their truck, and I showed them how to do it. They were shocked their car with whatever motor and setup they had was able to double triple no problem just by carrying corner speed and down siding a jump.

I am lucky to be able to club race where I do, I feel that contributed greatly to how well I did at Nationals. Being able to watch some of the best drivers in the world like Ryan Cavalieri club race has helped me tremendously.

All in all I went to Nationals with zero expectations of where I would end up, I met some great people, and had a really good time, the track layout was very fun, and I am more then happy with my results, and I never suspected anyone of cheating or having an unfair advantage, I just knew I was lacking experience.

P.S. This post is not intended as an argument or anything hostile, I am just providing information, and voicing my opinion.

Last edited by Jason.Dias; 08-21-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Default I have a dream

I have a dream that someday we will eventually eliminate the stock class's & just have open 2w bug , 2wT, 4w, sc, ect.....

Wow, Now he thinks he's MLK.

I have a dream of racing at a track where there are no trolls acting like 12year olds running around telling people Where and What they should do and then acting like dicks and then start hate campaigns against them when they don't.

Fact, We are not all "career racers" trying to "be somebody". Some of us just going to the track to have some "fun" racing "competetively" and avoid the EGO Monsters that Run MOD!

You've personally made at least 5 drivers stop running MOD, with your on track and on-line antics.

I lost took third On Friday had a couple bad laps and a bad corner marshall, I even heard you clapping and screaming whan i crashed. (remember you Screaming at MIke M for cheering, while you raced? you almost got your butt kicked )

Did I "Brat out" and start "driving like a jerk", or drive accross every pipe and screw everyone up as i come offf the track, did I slam my car down or stomp on it and have a fit and leave? No I didn't, i just kept driving and smilied brightlly cause i knew how much joy you were getting out of my struggle, (that say's something about you).

My lack of ability to do those things makes me unqualified to run your class George, Keep Dreaming and keep lying, toooooooo Yourself = )
Old 08-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Default Crazy

I dream that someday we will eventually eliminate the stock class's & just have open 2w bug , 2wT, 4w, sc, ect.....

Here again is proof of your absurdity

One day you say 17.5 is too fast for begingers and then the next you post this crap. So, which is it.

By your logic, The novice will bump right into open class.

Do you even read or think about the stuff you say? You have lost touch and can not even remember what your point is from one rant to the next.

And i love how you throw in a couple positive comments here and there just to throw off the moderators. Good luck with your dellusion.

You might want to think about avoiding products that contain aluminum.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Legend

yeah Jon , just three mod racers , if we ran stk you would been close to last, not 3rd ...

No one cared about your race or results last Friday night .
I did root for James a bit , respectfully of course.....

We did laugh at your rude remark made to us
as we got on the stand however .

Guessing you kicked the dog when you got home as well.....

PS

Jason, thanks for the comment and feel welcome to make more ...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 08-21-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.