Wiki Posts
Search

New Track updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 09:18 PM
TSB
Tech Master

Default New Track updates

Hey there everyone this is Landslide. Unfortuately something happened with my email so I have not been on at all. I wanted everyone to knoe that the track is really close to being able to announce an opening date. We are going to open with off road only and expand to on road over time. We know that there is a need for a top notch facility to be in the south end. There needs to be another top notched facility to be a companion to Rain City. What we are curious about is wether we want carpet or if we want an indoor asphalt track and run gas. It is really up to you guys.
As for the offroad track. It appeasr that a 140 x 75 track is in the works. The lease is being negotiated and when that is signed. You will know where it is. I can say this much. It is directly off 167 and is in the Kent/Auburn area. The investors really want a track that is more racer freindly than has ever been seen. They know that they won't be millionaires off this but want you the racer to be happy and keep bringng more and more people to our track.

WE DESPERATELY NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU WANT. A comment card of sorts. Because with out that we may miss a really good idea. Big, Warm, Clean and most of all NEW NEW NEW. Did I say big?

Classes in the works (turn out depending)
Electric :Modified, (2 wheel, truck, 4 wheel), Stock (2 wheel, truck, 4 wheel), Novice , sportsman (truck, and 2 wheel regulated 19 turn motor) and last but not least SPEC ( This class is designed to run on a budget rules in the works.)

Gas: Truck, 1/8 scale, Novice, Small Block Monster Truck (.15 and smaller), Big Block Monster Truck (.21)and what evre else we can invent!

Any advice or ideas will be appreciated!!!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2002, 10:14 PM

bottom line... how will it cost to race.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Another bottom line. Who are you? And who are your investors?

And why haven't you gone around to the tracks and talked to them during race day? Or have you?
Repeat. Who are you? You'll get more feedback if folks know you and you are up front.
deb
Old 12-28-2002, 10:10 AM
TSB
Tech Master

Silver: I understand exactly what you are saying but the investors want to make sure that is 100% going to happen b4 they do. It is not my call and I really wish the time was right. I have spoken with some tracks and still have some that I want to talk to. Including the Rain, and TRCR. The reason that we have not anounced any names is simply because if it does not happen we dn't want any one to think that we have stepped on any toes. We are only in this to help the racing in this area. So please understand that aspect. I promise you that as soon as we can You and TRCR will be the first two that know. I hope we can all work together and bring RC to new levels in this area.

Ritchie: We are hoping to be competitive with TRCR. around $10.00 or so is the plan. No higher than $12 or $13. And less for novice.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:27 PM
Mal

As far as I'm concerned another track will only hurt the exsisting tracks in the area.

We all know that not supporting your exsisting tracks is a bad thing. It's the number one reason why they eventually close down. It's also the reason why I will not support any other tracks besisdes TRCR and Raincity. They are well known establishments and the reason why they're open is for us. Do you guys really think tracks in this area make huge profits? They are in RC because the owners love the hobby and want to share the experience with everyone else.

Bottom line, if this track opens and you do decide to frequent it. It will only lead to either TRCR or Raincity closing down ( or maybe both). TRCR and Raincity can not afford to loose customers. Believe what you want, the profit for Scott and Debbie is very thin. They are not in this hobby for a profit they're here for you the racer. Decide who you want to support, some unknowns or people who have been supporting RC in the northwest for several years.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:30 PM
Mal

Another thing, if you haven't talked to Scott, Debbie or Pat you haven't talked to any tracks. They are the only tracks you will be in competition with. Why would you talk to Fantasy world, Redmond hobbies or Galaxy? They are only outdoor establishments and have nothing to do with indoor racing what so ever. They only operate during the summers.
Old 12-28-2002, 05:57 PM
TSB
Tech Master

Default Porfits

MAL- I understand the loyalty qualms. As of this second our schedule will be in more competition with gary than any one. We made the decision to basicaly for go a friday night electric night due to TRCR. Our loyalties to TRCR run really deap and this decision is made only due to our desire and influences. I must also remind you that the Rain also was once new and cause some turbulance. As for taking away from thier business I really don't think that will be an issue iether. 1- We will be 45 minutes south of Rain city. Kent and Mukilteo (sp) are so far apart it is all most like saying Tenino, Spanaway, and Monroe are all fighting for the same peice of the pie, which is not true. They all have their local racers and then they work together and forgo a night at the individual tracks to run a series... i.e. the Northwest Tour. With out the variety the number of cars would be smaller and the tracks would not be in business. 2- We are not going to run on road at this point. When we do it will only be in a position to bring in the new racers or the racer that had stuff from back when Race City was around. 3- We are all people that you know and have helped in the past. We have only not said who we are so we won't step on any toes. I honestly thought that people would rather have another game in town and not only have one place to go. When I wake up in the morning on a Sunday I have two choices 45 minutes north or 30 minutes south. That was the exact reason why the Rain City opened (I have been told at least). I remember how deserted TRCR was on saturday when the north on road racers stayed up north.
I really respect your opinion and I understand that another track may ruffle some feathers a little. I hope though that we can be a positive influence in the area. Profits are not our concern Racing is!
Old 12-28-2002, 06:32 PM

ok i call bull you know what.... i have spoken to some tracks, but not the rain or trcr, what other tracks are there, and fantansy world and redmond don't count and neither does burien because they don't have the overhead of rent for a place to race. and a building of the size your talking is gonna cost a ton, so the statement "my investers don't expect to become millionaires" is so true, because unless your already a millionaire with a "ton" of money to throw away what your talking about isn't gonna happen. did you talk to the track that used to be in auburn, before it went broke, did you find out why it went broke, so much crap, i bet you planned on stringing us along until 4/1/03 and then say april fools, i agree with MAL. i might stop by and look, but my money is already spoken for, even if you are only 10 mins from my house.
Old 12-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As somebody who has been casually involved in this sport for 15 years, I will say that there is a big part of me that misses having a choice on where to race every week. Who remembers choosing between Performance Hobbies in Auburn, Big Daddy's in Federal Way, Hale's on South Hill, and Fantasy World's off road track behind the B&I?

Obviously, there just aren't that many racers any more, but the idea of a track right here in the Valley has some appeal, especially on week nights. I'd really hate to see an adverse effect on the existing tracks, but how many people between Auburn and Sea-Tac don't race just because of the logistics of getting to the track? When I was a kid, my parents would drop me off at Performance Hobbies and come back to get me later, there is no way they would have taken me all the way to Lynwood. How many people who raced at RaceCity just gave up when that track closed? Quite a few. Would they come back? Hopefully.

My real hope would be that a track in the Valley would promote enough growth to sustain itself without killing the existing players.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:25 PM
TSB
Tech Master

Ritchie- I realy hope that you are not speaking the truth when you say that you will not even give anyone a chance. I can tell you that this is no April Fools. I am very torn up about the idea that variaty is not the spice of life in R/C. I really think it is. I know from the race entries that I see at TRCR that there a very few from the valley. That is really sad because I know Ultimate sells a lot of R/C cars and definately a lot of raceable auto's. I agree with Todddddddd, I remember racing oval at Hales and touring car at TRCR and then off road there and 4 seasons all the time. It was a lot of fun. I miss it and so do the rest of us. I really think that you will love racing with us, TRCR, and the rain. We are not asking for your loyalties to be crossed but instead why not realize that we are no diferent than you wanting to borrow transpoders for a parking lot series in the summer We want to race and that is all.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

hhhmmmmmmm.......I better not.....
Old 12-28-2002, 08:46 PM
TSB
Tech Master

awwww come on we need some feed back
Old 12-28-2002, 10:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Speed em all!
Old 12-28-2002, 11:58 PM
Tech Legend

All I can say is....
Trcr rocked when Big Daddy`s was in business, So I doubt a new track in the valley would have a effect on Trcr`s turnouts...
Old 12-29-2002, 02:09 AM
Tech Master

Whats your reason for opening a new track?? granted a closer track is nice, but is it something thats just for fun, and to give you something to do, or are others going to work at this place, and not you? If your working there you wont really get too much time to play, I mean dont get me wrong you can always stay after hours and play on the track, but ask most people that work at a track.............after working around 8 hours daily on other peoples broken cars, once you close you can either start working on one more car(your own) or you can go home, 9 out of 10 people you ask that work at a track are going to go with choice 2

From reading this, and hearing things like "back in the day" and all that about tracks that are no longer in business due to lack of funds................Granted "back in the day" several tracks were around, and "back in the day" there was a NW series race. But at the same time, regional's was bringing in anywhere from 150 entries to 200+............now, lets flash back to reality, to where off road regionals had, i think around 50...............if we all do the math, there obviously isnt near as much people racing as there were "back in the days".

I'll agree when you say that there are several race ready cars that are sold at the hobby shops and never go to a track.....thats just how the hobby is, racing is a small portion of this hobby. Last time I looked at the number, it was somewhere around 80% of the cars sold never see use on a race track. (ready to run, or race kits both) I think the first thing that needs to be done, is to find out how to get those 80% in on the track and racing. If you can figure that one out, go ahead open a track, but, i'm sure you know, since you've talked to all the racetracks around, that every race track in the country/world is trying to figure out how to get those people to get back into the shop and race. I dont nessicarily think that creating another track, and spreading the racers and racing even thinner than it already is would be the best thing that could happen right now....

Anyone that has been in this hobby for several years that actually knows why tracks struggle to stay open, and why tracks close down will tell you that this isnt the a good idea.
Also, when you say that you don't to "step on anyone's toes" and then follow it up with saying that you are going to be running the same classes for the same price, "to stay competitive"..... i duno, seems contradicting to me.

One last thing, How big of a building are you looking at?? 140x75, thats big, especially once you get the pit area set up, and if your going to be "eventualy adding a on-road track" thats even more space, dead space at that.......... and thats also alot of poles floating around in that building to hold it up!! every body loves looking around those poles. plus you need a space for a hobby shop and all the parts that you need to have(because when running 20 different types of classes you need alot of parts)
Thats alot of space for an indoor building, Square-Footage isnt cheep.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.