Community
Wiki Posts
Search

top 10 nitro tourers

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default top 10 nitro tourers

I just wanted to know what would you put the best nitro tourers in order as.
and write down how you think they perform.
EG: 1)Kyosho fw-05rr

As i am looking at a new pro tourer and some convincing would be great
Old 12-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

1) V-One RRR WC Edition
Old 12-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

how many people have actually owned 10 different current kits to compare?
probably not very many..
Old 12-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah i want to stay with Kyosho products and im torn between the Kyosho V-one RRR and the FW-05RR I can get both at the same price. So it all comes down between performance,handling,setup options,durability and maintnans.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChApS
Yeah i want to stay with Kyosho products and im torn between the Kyosho V-one RRR and the FW-05RR I can get both at the same price. So it all comes down between performance,handling,setup options,durability and maintnans.

Its really up to you. Shaft and belt cars have different feel. Its up to you which you prefer. The V-one RRR has proven itself in last years IFMAR and this year's ROAR. The FW05RR is also a fantastic car. Both are as durable and tunable. FW05RR has lesser maintainance though because its shaft driven, you dont have to worry about replacing belts. I prefer V-one RRR because i've been driving V-one R for almost four years that im so used to it. Anyway, its up to you.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default goose

believe me you the mongoose is what its cracked up to be affordable & easy to work on triple belt i have a killer waiting for race season see you all at the races happy holiday
Old 12-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Mugen MTX-4 tops my list of cars that ive driven

MTX-4
RRR
MTX-3
HPI R40
RR
MTX-2
Serpent 710
TGX
Old 12-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah ive always wanted a serpent 710 but i thought they had a very LARGE price tag. does anyone know the price diffrence the kyosho RRR and a sepent 710.
thanks for your returns
Old 12-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default price match

ive seen 3rrr for 400-480 and the snake 380
Old 12-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

WHAT!
So are serpents cheaper now than RRR
Old 12-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

RRR is sooo expensive but so good ........
Old 12-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris West
Mugen MTX-4 tops my list of cars that ive driven

MTX-4
RRR
MTX-3
HPI R40
RR
MTX-2
Serpent 710
TGX
Chris: Is that in order from best to worst?

Chaps: Also you could ask or see what performs the best at your track. Its going to be harder to get good information from biased opinions.

Also depends on what you want. Some of these cars are much more exspensive than others , while some have very bad local support and some even bad support all around. Do you buy in bulk spares or are you a kinda go up and buy it as you break it guy.

All these things should equal in whats the best car for you. Because yeah you might find one car runs the best....but then when it comes to your wallet you could barely afford to race the thing , nulling out your initial intent to im sure race.

Allthough this may be far fetched. You get the idea. Let us know so we can further help you Chaps.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Thats from best to worst in my experience with gas cars and is very similar to the order in what they finish in the finals. serpent have never had a top 3 position at the club that i race at they always seem to have problems, but i must say the HPI R40 is one of the most durable cars ive owned only went through 3 belts one pulley set and 2 pinions and 4 spurs in one year but just didint get me around the tight track that i race on quick enough. Plus parts support is worse than kyosho for the R40 its taken 9 months for parts to come which is pathetic. The MTX-4 is very good on tires i can use a pair of rears to a pair of fronts as with the MTX-3 and the R40 i went and go through 2 pairs of rears to one pair of fronts which is great
Old 12-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChApS
WHAT!
So are serpents cheaper now than RRR
When you ONLY look at the bare chassis package, maybe; however, from what I have seen so far, you will see how the big snake pulls away in $$ if you include most of the factory "recommanded" options that you need to get the 710 to the most competitive stage. But RRR WCE for example comes with everything you need for the chassis to be the top already. by the way RRR WCE is only selling $360 from here: http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p690.html get it before its gone.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Ok i race at a short technical track with medium grip ashphelt my hobby store which i go to is not far away so most of the time i just get what i need when i break it but i keep spares of the basic parts like fuel tank, wheel axles.
the hobbie shop is a big supplier of Kyosho products and i already have a fw-0t that i could mostly use for spares like the spur gears diff case and so on i would rather a shaft driven as im use to the style. but it does not worry me to much.
the cars at our track mostly kyosho v-one rrr and 2 fw-05rr which i have already raced a RR and liked the feel.

So i think i should get a FW-05RR as i can get it for $650 AUS the same as a v-one RRR

The only reason what im thinking about a diffrent car other than the fw-05rr was that ive seen that the RR are not very popular to the v-one RRR.
So i was wondering that the RR was not as competitive as the belt driven tourers.
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY THIS IS

thanks for the replies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.