Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Serpent 710 problem???

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default NEW Serpent 710 problem???

I started breaking in my new os tz 3 port for my new serpent 710 and the engine stalled whenever i tried to apply throttle and the clutch gears seemed stuck.I checked it and the 2 gears unscrewed and blocked the engine.
Those keys that serpent provides with the kit won't work with the gears...WHY IS THIS??
I screwed them by hand by it wasn't enough.
How can i screw them together and should i apply thread lock?
Old 01-02-2006, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by vti-chris
I started breaking in my new os tz 3 port for my new serpent 710 and the engine stalled whenever i tried to apply throttle and the clutch gears seemed stuck.I checked it and the 2 gears unscrewed and blocked the engine.
Those keys that serpent provides with the kit won't work with the gears...WHY IS THIS??
Should posted on S710 thread but I do not recall having this problem discussed. Just to give some suggestion, first thing to do is to check whether the engine spins in the correct direction (counter clockwise). I`ve seen this happened even it is somehow unbelievable. About the pinion gears, I`m not sure how can they unscrew and block the engine at it can only unscrew forward? No need threadlock and the 2 plastic tools gear should work just fine. Tighten all pinion gears by hand (note the orientation of the second pinion gear), put the tool to hold the second gear and use the other tool to tighten the first gear. Last but not least, be sure the clutchbell (where the pinions mounted) can spin freely after assibled with your engine.

For more detail issues on Centax III assembly, please see article by Glenn here: http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=10063
Old 01-02-2006, 07:45 AM
jag
Tech Master

I agree with what Pyramid said. Also, the 2 "T" shaped tools will fit the gears. It's the middle hole on both wrenches... assuming you are using the stock gears. Serpent also makes a clutchbell holder so you can get the first gear (2nd gear actually) tight then hold that gear with the wrench while tightening the smaller gear. They definetely should be tighter than "hand tight".

Good luck.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

HI Guys:

Normally when the second gear unscrew is becuase the 2nd gear on the tranny is locked or there is no gap betwen the 2nd bell and the shoes.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

I first screw them together by hand.
How do i make the T keys to get into the gears.It seems that none of them fits?
Old 01-03-2006, 05:30 AM
jag
Tech Master

I first screw them together by hand.
How do i make the T keys to get into the gears.It seems that none of them fits?
It's the middle hole on each wrench. It's not easy to get them on but just play with it a little.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

OK, found it,thanks for all the help!!