Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Whats happening in Team Magic land these days? KFactory site seems offline to me, after years of trying different brands I have a much better appreciation for the build quality of a G4. Good quality screws and bearings and everything goes together as it should. Really believe now had Team Magic refined the manual of the G4+ Evo and G4RS 2009 edition and explained some of the setup details a little more and had a bigger driver presence representing them at major meets it would have resulted into a following in nitro IC today.

Anyway it's funny how you appreciate things more as you get older, but then Australia's famous motor racing legend Dick Johnson says "the only thing you get looking back is a sore neck!"
Old 09-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Well what's happening... is that a new group are showing up at EP with TM 2012 models ... having fun... learning....

things are getting better all the time...

had a great day today but I think had I not been sick with flu for the last couple of weeks I would have done better more track would have helped...
Old 09-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Targ
Well what's happening... is that a new group are showing up at EP with TM 2012 models ... having fun... learning....

things are getting better all the time...

had a great day today but I think had I not been sick with flu for the last couple of weeks I would have done better more track would have helped...
Targ: I am happy to see new blood at England Park racing gas and even better seeing you guys doing it with Team Magic cars. Your cars are 2008 G4+ EVO, TM haven't released a new gas car since mid 2009 when they released the G4RS 2009 and I don't believe they will anytime soon.

Keep practicing keep learning and you will continue to improve. Best advice is try one thing at a time and always keep a record with notes so you can look back at it and see what worked and what didn't. See you ay EP on Friday after I land back in BrisVegas...
Old 09-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Took another whack at giving the G4C another try. I never really liked the electronics layout to begin with. Shelved it many times and rehashed it many times. I think this time it will work. I modded the top plate to take the G4S receiver pack and modded the G4RS radio mount to fit the two holes on the top plate behind the tank. Its got an STS 3 port that I just broke in yesterday. It still needs some suspension tuning before it goes out on the track.

Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-g4c.jpg   Team Magic G4-g4c-2.jpg  
Old 09-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Ahh the memories.. looks great. Let me know if you need parts.. Im in australia so it's shipping that will hurt, I'd give the parts away if I could.

I have a few clutches.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blis
Ahh the memories.. looks great. Let me know if you need parts.. Im in australia so it's shipping that will hurt, I'd give the parts away if I could.

I have a few clutches.
Thanks for the offer. You Aussie guys are always quite generous.

Its got a Mugen clutch in it so I'm okay for now. Since all the suspension parts are compatible with my VOneRR, I'm okay on the expendable parts as well. Only thing I need are spare gears. Hopefully AMain has them.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Took another whack at giving the G4C another try. I never really liked the electronics layout to begin with. Shelved it many times and rehashed it many times. I think this time it will work. I modded the top plate to take the G4S receiver pack and modded the G4RS radio mount to fit the two holes on the top plate behind the tank. Its got an STS 3 port that I just broke in yesterday. It still needs some suspension tuning before it goes out on the track.

Pretty
Old 12-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

As it seems I am a R/C horder and my collection is worthless to anyone else am wondering what differences people noticed from the wider rear end of the G4S/G4+ to the narrow G4RS/G4+ Evo?

Harry you will have a good insight to this, G4S had older short arms and when we got the G4+ the flying wing arm where longer and it moved the pivot point further in to keep overall width the same. Guessing this was to do with the angle off the arm on its up travel??? I am curious as Patto thought the G4S/G4+ was more planted then the later G4RS he had, but the arm would have been mounted in the same spot from the G4+ to G4RS.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...s-gallery.html
old school gallery, but some nice cars to enjoy

Thanks in advance
Andrew

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 12-04-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Default I need some help on gears

Brought out the old G4 to play and I just realized that I don't have spares for the spurs. Looked at Wolf for some but some of the 2nd speed spurs were discontiued and replaced with Duro gears.

They look almost the same but there is a reference to needing a Duro 2nd gear holder. Is this necessary or is it just their way of selling me an extra part I don't need?

http://www.wolfhobbies.com/G4_and_G4...th_502284.html
Old 07-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Brought out the old G4 to play and I just realized that I don't have spares for the spurs. Looked at Wolf for some but some of the 2nd speed spurs were discontiued and replaced with Duro gears.

They look almost the same but there is a reference to needing a Duro 2nd gear holder. Is this necessary or is it just their way of selling me an extra part I don't need?

http://www.wolfhobbies.com/G4_and_G4...th_502284.html
Hi
Have a look at the following link. I always order the parts for my G4 from that dealer..
http://www.bollicinemodellismo.it/ri...mbi-g4-tm.html
Old 07-22-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Italboy
Hi
Have a look at the following link. I always order the parts for my G4 from that dealer..
http://www.bollicinemodellismo.it/ri...mbi-g4-tm.html
Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, Italy is too far for me. I'm in California. Its easier for me to deal with someone domestic or in Asia.

Would you know if there is a difference in fitment between the stock gears and the Duro gears?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, Italy is too far for me. I'm in California. Its easier for me to deal with someone domestic or in Asia.

Would you know if there is a difference in fitment between the stock gears and the Duro gears?
Yes there is a difference.
One is slightly bigger, I believe the Duro. Not by much but enough for it not to fit the housing.
I believe the Duro gears are slightly thicker too if memory servs.

Regards
BM
Old 07-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by British Menace
Yes there is a difference.
One is slightly bigger, I believe the Duro. Not by much but enough for it not to fit the housing.
I believe the Duro gears are slightly thicker too if memory servs.

Regards
BM
Thanks for that.

That's the one thing I didn't like about Team Magic. They always change a part just "slightly" in effort for you to spend more on upgrades. Just can't see why they can't make heavier gears to adapt to the original hub.

I'm gonna try to get what spares available that fit the old gear holder. Will contemplate the worthiness of the upgrade later.

Do you think its worth it? Any experiences between the original gears and the Duro gears you can tell me about?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for that.

That's the one thing I didn't like about Team Magic. They always change a part just "slightly" in effort for you to spend more on upgrades. Just can't see why they can't make heavier gears to adapt to the original hub.

I'm gonna try to get what spares available that fit the old gear holder. Will contemplate the worthiness of the upgrade later.

Do you think its worth it? Any experiences between the original gears and the Duro gears you can tell me about?
I don't believe the change really changed anything. The originals, in my opinion, were just as good although, at the time, there was alot of concern and some having troubles with gears stripping. Not just Team Magic G4 cars but other brands too.
So I believe the Duro gears and two speed as a whole, were a "Knee-Jerk" reaction to that time.
I myself, running the G4 for 10 years, had no problems with the originals but they, the gears, became increasingly harder to source. As you would expect.
I would have to dig the parts out but I also believe there were some minor changes with the two speed as a whole also in an attempt to stave off the dreaded stripping of gears that happened to some.

I always thought both two speeds worked very well.

Regards
BM
Old 07-22-2014, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by British Menace
I don't believe the change really changed anything. The originals, in my opinion, were just as good although, at the time, there was alot of concern and some having troubles with gears stripping. Not just Team Magic G4 cars but other brands too.
So I believe the Duro gears and two speed as a whole, were a "Knee-Jerk" reaction to that time.
I myself, running the G4 for 10 years, had no problems with the originals but they, the gears, became increasingly harder to source. As you would expect.
I would have to dig the parts out but I also believe there were some minor changes with the two speed as a whole also in an attempt to stave off the dreaded stripping of gears that happened to some.

I always thought both two speeds worked very well.

Regards
BM
Thanks for your help.

Found the gears on Ebay from rc-willpower. They're $11.77/ea (ouch) with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141227148102

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191005038795

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.