Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danjr
Yeah its Bayswater, I thought it was every second Saturday but thats cool. I'd be keen as to come along Sunday and learn some stuff from you guys if thats alright. I've been on the website and had a look and sussed directions. I may not be able to race yet as I only have a Lola body and no transponder but I'd be happy to watch and maybe do some testing with my car.
Hey Dan, cool. Will be good to have another G4S along. I can lend you a body for the car to get you on the track (a bit rough but good enough) and we have club transponders so no drama there.

We usually have at least two heats of 200mm tourers so we should be able to set you up in the second tier heats so you can get some experience. I think you would gain a lot from running in the races as there isn't much time to practice until the end of the day. Have you raced cars at all before or is this your first RC?
Old 03-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

The AIRTRONICS race at Revelation has come and gone. Sadly, this will be the last on-road race at Revelation raceway due to the city imposed parking restrictions. Revelation is the premiere on road track for 1/10 and 1/8 scale in southern California. It has very high traction, and very light on tire wear. The guy who runs it, Dana, is a top notch first class gentlemen who always put the racers and the hobby ahead of his own agenda. We are all sad to see the track close down for on-roaders.

We had a big turn out this weekend. I think we had 100+ entries

I qualified 2nd in the B main, and again the only G4s car out there. I was running the 18t side and brake pulley for the past few races. A few months ago, I wanted to try the 20T side and brake pulley with the 22/15 pinion, but the rear belt was just to tight. Well the belt finally became loose enough, that I thought I would try it again. So I had this set-up for the final qualification, and man, the car launches like a rocket. A lot better than my old pulley set-up.

In the final, I took the lead in the first lap until about 5 laps, when my engine overheated and lost compression. The car was running very very well. In turn, it didn't have enough power to engange the 2 speed clutch. I thought I stripped the second gear but it was actually the engine overheating. ( I didn't know until later when my pit man temp my eninge) I was limping along on the straights, but was a rocket in the in-field. Everylap, I was loosing 1 second, and this happened for another 8 laps. Then my glow plug died because the engine was too hot. My pit man dowsed the engine with some fuel to cool it down, then popped in a new glow plug, and richened the engine. I lost too much time to recover the lead, but I continued to do battle. At the end, I ended up 3rd and had a nice Airtronics trophy to go with it. I'll send the link when the pictures are up at RevRace website.

This is gonna be my last race for a while because 1)the track is now closed, and 2)my wife will be giving birth to our 2nd daughter in the next month. I guess it back to parking lot bashing for now..........not.

Thank you guys for all the great tips and recommendations!!!

Thanks Sam (G4ser) for your continued support.

Gansei master, do you have any plans in racing the Worlds?
Old 03-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Hi Zoom, How many people attend the race normally in Perth ?

Once I lived in Sorrento, back then in 1991. I was a Curtin dude back then.....
We normally have about 30-35 drivers on club days including sports (pull start), pro and 1/8th.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dnitro
The AIRTRONICS race at Revelation has come and gone. Sadly, this will be the last on-road race at Revelation raceway due to the city imposed parking restrictions. Revelation is the premiere on road track for 1/10 and 1/8 scale in southern California. It has very high traction, and very light on tire wear. The guy who runs it, Dana, is a top notch first class gentlemen who always put the racers and the hobby ahead of his own agenda. We are all sad to see the track close down for on-roaders.

We had a big turn out this weekend. I think we had 100+ entries
Huh.... you mean no more big race in Revelation ?
Old 03-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Smile

hi! dnitro .

i miss your RC stopping for some time.

i have a plan participation 2007 FEMCA in Indonesia(jakarta)

it is my first overseas participation race.

i already become tense for FEMCA 2007 ^^

my target is A-main entry.

and i have no plan participation in IFMAR (too far.. --;
Old 03-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gansei
hi! dnitro .

Horray !!!

Please come to Jakarta !!!! Lots of G4S cars in here. And lots of Korean BBQ too.

For myself ......, I'll be participating in Pre Femca ( April 7 & 8 ). Top Ten or Qualified Winners from Pre Femca will be invited to join the real event.

Senayan JITC track is very smooth and full grip. Mostly people prefer 37 and 40 ( safer, no traction roll ). Weather : Humid. Temperature : 33 - 37 Celcius.
The track is surrounded by top shopping malls and 5 star hotels. Very nice place and convenient.

Some photos :

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=115339

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=115340

Ask person name Dhani or Yung2. They are D2 shop owner. They are Team Magic agent in Jakarta. Their shop is located in the track's premises. Both are G4S group A drivers ( except Dhani, he is Xray Team drivers as per last month ).

Mostly RC shops in the track sells O'Donnell ( 16%, 20%, 25%, 30% ), JP fuel, Tornado. ---> FYI: I heard the race is controlled fuel.

I heard Femca 2007 will follow IFMAR rules :

http://www.femca2007.com/index/ifmar_wc_10_track.pdf

Last edited by asw7576; 03-26-2007 at 03:17 AM.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool g4s rtr

For the past year I have been running electric touring cars and I would like to buy my first nitro car. Does anybody know much about the G4S RTR and if it would be a worthwhile investment? Can it be upgraded like the kit car?
Old 03-26-2007, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Sully
Yes...the G4s RTR is probably the best RTR out there right now.
15 Rear exhurst motor, Futaba Radio and fully upgradeable to the G4s kit car.

Not only that but there is so much support for the car on here, you are never alone if you have a problem.

You can't go wrong having a G4s -RTR for your first Nitro car.

Regards and welcome to the G4s thread.

Menace
Old 03-26-2007, 03:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gansei
hi! dnitro .

Mr gansei, When is this race on in Jakarta?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:19 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Mr gansei, When is this race on in Jakarta?
25 - 27 May 2007.

http://www.femca2007.com/index/
Old 03-26-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by asw7576
Huh.... you mean no more big race in Revelation ?
No more big races, small race, practice.

No more on-road period. I know, it's hurts deep inside.

Off-road will be open and on-road track will be converted to parking.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Clutch settings

Hi,

We have been testing some clutch settings in the UK, which I think you may all like

Red weights (they slip better)
NO WEIGHTS
1.9mm MUGEN spring,

FILE off the ridge on the retaining nut, so its flat, and allows less tension on the spring (the mugen spring is 1mm longer than TM)

RED SHOE

0.35 mm tension, measured to the new face of nut, from edge of flywheel nut.
0.5mm gap
0.1mm end play

if running with the ED or any clutch bell with holes in the contact area, make sure you chamfer around all the holes inside the bell, the edges are sharp, and cut into the shoe, reducing the contact patch.......

This clutch is the best yet, with perfect round wear on the shoe.....Its also a lot less critcal on spring tension, you are using the weight of the spring rather than making a softer spring almost coil bound.

Good Luck.

Last edited by muppet racing; 04-18-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by muppet racing
Hi,

We have been testing some clutch settings in the UK, which I think you may all like

Red weights (they slip better)
NO WEIGHTS
1.9mm MUGEN spring,

FILE off the ridge on the retaining nut, so its flat, and allows less tension on the spring (the mugen spring is 1mm longer than TM)

RED SHOE

0.35 mm tension, measured to the new face of nut, from edge of flywheel nut.
0.6mm gap
0.1mm end play

if running with the ED or any clutch bell with holes in the contact area, make sure you chamfer around all the holes inside the bell, the edges are sharp, and cut into the shoe, reducing the contact patch.......

This clutch is the best yet, with perfect round wear on the shoe.....Its also a lot less critcal on spring tension, you are using the weight of the spring rather than making a softer spring almost coil bound.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the info muppet
I assume the 1.9mm Mugen spring is the super hard silver spring ?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yep, thats the one
Old 03-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dnitro
No more big races, small race, practice.

No more on-road period. I know, it's hurts deep inside.

Off-road will be open and on-road track will be converted to parking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.