Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-sideways.jpg  
Old 03-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Glad you happy with the car Kodak
looking forward to how the races go.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hi i am looking for info on the team magic G4 series to add to our clubs site. www.moorebankraceway.com

please send any build tips, or setups, reviews etc to
[email protected]
Old 03-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just want to say "GOOD LUCK" to all our G4S crew this weekend that are racing. I think Patto is at a 2 day event representing the G4S of coarse. And I know that our good friends, Hodak...Toy000...and I'm sure I'm missing some of you all. But regarless Go and smash the competition guys!!! Best of luck and don't trash your cars. Later all!
Old 03-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I spent another 30 min on the car today, with work and school I have like no time for this thing but im trying to do it little by little.

its starting to look more and more like a sedan here's what I got so far.

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001748ax0.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001749nt4.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001750uu2.jpg

Here's a little design flaw I found on the car, the upside down belt tensioner conflicts with the bottom brake screw..... thats gonna be a hassle to adjust once the car gets dirty and you need more brake power or just to re adjust it

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1001753ok6.jpg
Old 03-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
How much run time in the 2 weeks ?

Im having a wear problem but its like after every 3/4 liters.

maybe it the material used in a certain batch thats softer than other batches.
only run 4 days,1 day around 3 hours,i think Ed pinion really wear
Old 03-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default lh raceday

hey guys,

i couldnt make it up 2 lh today.

so how did everyone go????

kosta and hodak, did u keep out of each others way???
Old 03-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well, I finally got a new body painted. I think I bit off more than I could chew. It is the first one I've done using liquid mask and waterbased paints. I learned a lot, and I think it will be easier the next time. For one thing I had quite a few areas that look like "bleed". I think in some cases I was scratching the previous color without realizing it before spraying the next. The waterbase paint seems soft, not as durable, to me. I painted the headlights instead of decals, pretty happy with the results. And I tried a carbon fiber effect. It doesn't show in the pics, but I really like the result.

I also learned a big no no. DO NOT try to add one more coat of white after removing the mask. I thought it was a little thin towards the front end, so I taped some paper down to block the windows, but some how it sucked the fumes or something in there and ruined them. This was from a spray can of white, non-waterbased, I had and I didn't want to get the air brush and everything back out. I was so pissed I couldn't see for a few seconds I guess it boils down to slowing down and taking my time.....

I also got the Ninja 12 installed along with the Speed Shot. I'm stoked to run it in....
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-ninja-body007-web.jpg   Team Magic G4-ninja-body023-web.jpg   Team Magic G4-ninja-body026-web.jpg   Team Magic G4-ninja-body029-web.jpg  
Old 03-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
I just want to say "GOOD LUCK" to all our G4S crew this weekend that are racing. I think Patto is at a 2 day event representing the G4S of coarse. And I know that our good friends, Hodak...Toy000...and I'm sure I'm missing some of you all. But regarless Go and smash the competition guys!!! Best of luck and don't trash your cars. Later all!
Thanks D we all had a pretty good day today and most of the g4 crew left with a smile i wont give you the wrap up of the day, Frankie is itching too do it so i wont steal his thunder
Old 03-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toy000
Thanks D we all had a pretty good day today and most of the g4 crew left with a smile i wont give you the wrap up of the day, Frankie is itching too do it so i wont steal his thunder

Oi Robster, do the wrapp up man - ill be out for dinner for a few hours so do the DEEDS bro!

Quick update, me got 1st in Group B

& ED Rockz

& So do the G4 Crew
Old 03-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by royfan33
Well, I finally got a new body painted. I think I bit off more than I could chew. It is the first one I've done using liquid mask and waterbased paints. I learned a lot, and I think it will be easier the next time. For one thing I had quite a few areas that look like "bleed". I think in some cases I was scratching the previous color without realizing it before spraying the next. The waterbase paint seems soft, not as durable, to me. I painted the headlights instead of decals, pretty happy with the results. And I tried a carbon fiber effect. It doesn't show in the pics, but I really like the result.

I also learned a big no no. DO NOT try to add one more coat of white after removing the mask. I thought it was a little thin towards the front end, so I taped some paper down to block the windows, but some how it sucked the fumes or something in there and ruined them. This was from a spray can of white, non-waterbased, I had and I didn't want to get the air brush and everything back out. I was so pissed I couldn't see for a few seconds I guess it boils down to slowing down and taking my time.....

I also got the Ninja 12 installed along with the Speed Shot. I'm stoked to run it in....
That design look great bud ,pity about teh problem at the end.
All the bodies that have been posted has really motivated me to do something good.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
Oi Robster, do the wrapp up man - ill be out for dinner for a few hours so do the DEEDS bro!

Quick update, me got 1st in Group B

& ED Rockz

& So do the G4 Crew
Good work Frankie
Old 03-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Toy000
Hey guys had a good day at the track finished 4th in b final and smashed my personal best lap.Not bad for second outing at LH.Started out with a bit of aerobatics in qualifier 1 an settled down.And frankie you may as well have had a target on the back of you car for me
Old 03-11-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC=Realy_Costly
hey guys,

i couldnt make it up 2 lh today.

so how did everyone go????

kosta and hodak, did u keep out of each others way???
oh pick the funny 1, and yes we did but my day in a nut shell went from bright sunny sunshine to deep shit got love it
Old 03-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Hey guys.
well very mixed bag from the weekend.
Saturday, qualifying, had good pace to start with firts time out, and made a few small changes after every qualifier and things improved. just couldnt crack the 18 laps for 5 mins. just 0.467 seconds off.
saturday night proved good company and some heavy drinking.
i started to influence the TQ driver to keep drinking, hoping he ight wake up the next morning bit seedy, well i think all 6 of us woke up feeling the same so early start and some work on the car before we head off to the track was really challenging as you do have some greasy food to try and wash the previouse night away, didnt quite help
so after truing some tires for the final and last qualifier. was chasing some more rear grip, and went out for a quick test and all was good. last qualifier was the best yet. car was good and think i set the quickest lap for the 2 days so far. so after every thing was sorted the top 3 went straight to the A final. MTX4 1st then me, G4S and Ed with a G4S.
now this is where things got mixed up. we had like nearly 2 hours before we run again, and any momentum was lost. in hot sunny weather , and feeling a bit seedy, things were getting hard but the final came, had a warm up and i think the car was as good as it had been all weekend. had a great start, took first for a few laps then made an error and had to let the next 4 guys through as i was pointing the wrong way, so playing catch up i was gaining every lap, i had an incident which i think chunked my tires a bit and the car was not as good anymore. after second fuel stop, i had regained 2nd and due to others having some probs, had a 3 lap buffer. 8 mins of the 20 min final remaining, thinks looked great for a second finish. then here we go !
going on to the back straight, i saw a slower car sitting to the inside of the track, didnt back off as he wasnt moving, then as i approached, he turned right infront of me and i T boned at full throttle, saw some bits fly and, let out some words of dissapointment. now the car was put back on the track, and was instant spin out on power, so i made it back to the pits and inspected the car, no side belt. so i ran to get a nother to put on, and maybe salvage a third, but no could not do that. front side pulley missing. impact was head on, and no other visable damage, but yet the impact of the t bone seemed to instantly snap the front layshaft. was a very clean break where the pulley screws on to. if this shaft was a bit stronger material, i dont think it would have snapped, and then the belt wouldnt have come off. so i would have been able to drive on and finish. so this is another issue of the ED trans which i think needs addressing. ok needs to be light, but what about the strength of the parts, we spend our hard earned money on ?
anyway finished 8th on the day. good experience at a different track, but bad result at the end of the day. hope others had a better days racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.