Community
Wiki Posts
Search

soon to own a OFNA ultra gpt 2 :-)!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking soon to own a OFNA ultra gpt 2 :-)!!

Hey ladies lol!!

So instead of selling my sc8 or converting it into a on road. I pulled the trigger today at my local hobby shop and put some money down on one .

I wasn't going in there to get a on road car but to get upgrades for my sc8 but seen he had a on road but though it was brush less and not wanting electric no fun. So instead of buying parts for my sc8 I put some money down on the gtp2. I will say this its a very nice kit and am very excited to own a on road.

Questions for you guys. What would be a good choice in engines to this car?? Im thinking something that revs high and has top speed?? Also what different bodies I can get for it?? Thanks all who help. I will post pics of it as soon as I get it in my hands.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default new road racer

it 's good to see another road racer gearing up for next race season.

once i fried my stock kyosho motor in my first gt2, i got an 'axial .28 spec 1' and never regretted the great price, ease of starting. i gave that 1 to my son and got a 'spec2'. for a bit more $ you can get the .28rr2 that has a big step up in FAST.

an ofna pilot named 'Clete' uses a 3 port nova rossi that is $175, same as my rr2 axial. both motors can give you some real sweaty palms and great big gt racer smiles........

i have used the .28 for torque on our small track setups but have my first .21 for some of the larger track layouts and 'fuel milage' that is becoming a must for 20, 30 or 45 minute 'mains'.

find some of your local gt8 racers to get some setup tips.

you can find 'Clete' in the gt threads...he's a great ofna fan and gt8 promoter.

welcome....hope to race you!!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

depends on ur track size but i use a novi fms 7port great fuel mileage and looooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaddddsss of top end!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Unhappy

Thanks guys!!

As I said I'm excited to get it in my hands. I looked at it for a few minutes and it looks well put together. It looks better than my sc8 and that thing is stout and also very well put together.

I would like to know where I can find some bodies for it or rims and tires. I don't like stock nor the body. Don't get me wrong the body looks nice just not my style. Also to add this is the rtr version of the car. Would i meed anything to upgrade the car because I know rtr always aren't the best. Thanks all again!!

Last edited by doug e fresh; 12-28-2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: miss spelling!!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

i don't run ofna but been around some of them to hear about the 'upgrade' to the clutch bearings....replacing bell to get larger bearings that last longer.

i run the protoform pf8 body on kyosho gt (short) chassis.

check out the assortment at IGTHobbies, their 'Alpha' is an impressive performer.

i will run 'Sweeps', 'GQ', and 'GRP' and buy them mounted. for just 'parking lot grinding' i'll put on GQ or GRP but at big races i use SWEEPS. (personal preferrance by trial and error)

check your manual to see which bearings your clutch has...i know the ofna had 'small' ones that were being changed out to use '5x10x4' which was a larger size.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Thanks guys!!

As I said I'm excited to get it in my hands. I looked at it for a few minutes and it looks well put together. It looks better than my sc8 and that thing is stout and also very well put together.
Doug,

Welcome to GT!

If you're planning on having some track racing fun and you're near the Joliet Il. area, you might want to check out our good friend's at "Leisure Hours Hobbies".

They've got one of the most fantastic race track in America and are some of the fastest, most friendly GT racers on earth. Great group of guys that won't steer you wrong, I suggest you try to check them out first.

While you're at it, feel free to visit some GT racing news here.

Congrats on your new GT, all the best to you!
Old 12-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Doug,

Welcome to GT!

If you're planning on having some track racing fun and you're near the Joliet Il. area, you might want to check out our good friend's at "Leisure Hours Hobbies".

They've got one of the most fantastic race track in America and are some of the fastest, most friendly GT racers on earth. Great group of guys that won't steer you wrong, I suggest you try to check them out first.

While you're at it, feel free to visit some GT racing news here.

Congrats on your new GT, all the best to you!
Hey thanks alot for the kind post and words. Ill have to check out this track. Ill make sure to post pics when I get that bad boy in my hands. Thanks all..
Old 12-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow Will this body work??

Hey guys!!

Its me again .. I was wondering if this body will fit on my soon to be ultra gtp2..

http://www.alpharc.com.br/produtos/p...?pid=134&img=5

Thanks all who can help!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Smile body for ofna

Hey Doug...

Check out IGT Hobbies.com

Those are listed as a fit for GTP2 and GT "short bodies".

They are very nice but every time i have marshalled for our guy that runs that, the rear fender has rapped up on rear tire......i would stiffen that area with some mesh and 'shoegooo' and enjoy a quick body but i run a protoform PF8 and have no complaints.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up new owner of a gtp2 :-)!!

Hey guys!!

So I just picked up my gtp2 and i must say this kit is super nice. It all looks very well put together for first glance. I will say this tho, I'm looking for a new engine asap. I'm looking for a engine that has a little bottom end to help pull me out of corners but has a nice mid and powerful top. I'm already thinking about the upgrades .

Now time for the pics!!

Goof question for you guys from a on road newbie. How in the hell do you Mont the wing also I have four body clips holding the rear body post on is that right as well?? Thanks all and looking forward to this new experience..

Last edited by doug e fresh; 01-04-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Smile ofna wing

i just checked an old body that came with one of my cars, not an ofna car but it had that body. the wing is bolted on with 4 sets of 'bolt and selflocking nuts'. i would have also put a dab of 'shoe goo' between body and wing to help stay together.

as far as motor, i just found my favorite engine company is going KAPUT.

are you just 'polishing parking lots' or do you have access to 'track'?

i saw the 3 port nova rossi ($175) do real well in an ofna....speedy.

(oh, forgot to say, remember that 'new car grin'....looks great)

Last edited by scary_jerry; 01-05-2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: add note
Old 01-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Doug, you do not need to run out and get a new engine for the car. That Force .28 will do you good to get up and started. Break it in well and when you get the car running well, then look at the change.

I ran one in my DM-1 for almost 2 years. Weak point is the crank pin, but it does have pretty good pull out of the corners and top end is ok.

I've got the Axial engines in mine now and it was a step up but not a LARGE STEP .....

Work on the tires, suspension and gear boxes and you will gain speed there.

Welcome to GT racing and having so R/C Fun!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up thanks guys!!

I tried to run a tank threw it last night and I will say this the engine has one hell of a pinch. I never felt a engine with that much pinch. Even with the flow plug out pulling on the pull string is hard. I can tell this engine is going to last a quick bit if I take my time and break it in right.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default ofna motor

i agree with grenade on that motor being just fine for the 'grunt' off the corners. i had forgot that car comes with the force .28.

since you show your locale in the 'northern' area, i would say don't forget to preheat the engine before starting. if nothing else, use a hair dryer. i've been getting the 'heat guns' from harbor freight for less than $10 with coupon. use caution not to melt your car, check the output with hand a foot away on low setting!!! your engine will be more happy for the long run. and remember to wrap those two fingers with tape or bandages before getting 'pullstarter blisters'......makes my fingers hurt just talking about it. i use a 'bumpbox' now.

i had been told that on the list of allowed 'spec' or 'stock' motors that the force .28 was among the strongest. use what you got until you tame that car and need 'new fangs' for next race season.

i got 2 tanks of fuel through my gt yesterday and then woke up to snow this morning
Old 01-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Lol.

Its been high 50 and 60s here for the past week. I have ran three tanks for break in idling it at a good 200 to 210 threw all tanks.

I will say this tho. I can tell this motor has plenty of grunt. I can't wait until I get this tuned and find a good school to run at :-). Thanks all who have commented..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.