Wiki Posts
Search

1/8th On Road Losing Popularity?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re

For those who race in the LA area.....when we had only 2 tracks that didn't have conflicting schedules....Greater LA at Carson Mall and ProCar West at Crystal Park.....we had bigger turnouts! Anyone care to say what they think happened?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

What about GLARCRC and Pro Car. Those were pretty large clubs. Are they still racing?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
So, you have two tracks.

I noticed at Rev there were mutliple classes in each scale - but, none had more than 10 entries (Aug 6) (19 total in Sedan):
Sedan Beg - 4, Sedan Ama - 5 and Sedan Exp - 10 with
3 in 1/8th That's odd. (is that really a normal turn out?)

What is the attendance at CP?
That is a lower than normal turnout overall but typical for 1/8th folks in recent races.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SRAD
For those who race in the LA area.....when we had only 2 tracks that didn't have conflicting schedules....Greater LA at Carson Mall and ProCar West at Crystal Park.....we had bigger turnouts! Anyone care to say what they think happened?
I don't think it's the conflict in schedule alone that's causing the low turnout in 1/8th racing. It's more like people leaving 1/8th for 1/10th or leaving the hobby all together but no new blood in 1/8th as there are too many other options.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree with Jeff. Especially at Revelation, people are just switching to other classes because of the cost. The people that left because of the cost were the competition now people don't want to get one because the lack of competition.

I think that will change in a little bit when a few people around my track get 8th scales. I might even get one.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default RE

Rich.....those ARE the 2 clubs I am talking about. Also I didn't say that the conflicting schedules WAS the reason for the lower turnouts....just stating an observation. I will say this....the conflicting schedules DIDN"T help!! The boom in sedan...which was an alternate to lower cost racing was another. But look at sedan now......modified .12's cost more than stock .21's! Pro Spec and WC edition kit are just below 1/8 kits. By the time one gets all the hop ups they think they need to run a 1/10th car......it's now more than an 1/8th! You gotta ask.....what has happened to our hobby. Like someone said in an earlier post....you parcipate in this segment of the hobby...or in other segments as well......you have to have DEEP POCKETS!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I love 1/8th scale but, the low turn out is keeping me from racing it. If there would be at least a full 10 racers in expert class then I would race again. Perhaps, comunicate b/n us racers what class we are going to run on certain sunday or club race and track then we could have a lot of racers in 1/8th scale. 5 port rule is agood idea but, as JeffryLin said earlier if you can have a 7 port for the same price as the 5 port it makes me think of which one to get. I wish we could have a feedback on someone who has actually raced or run 5 port and showed that it would also compete with the 7 port then 5 port it is. Just a thought.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Rich- How many people would you say show up at a RAMS Points race? 50-60
I know we rarely have more than one group of 1/10 racers. yea I wish more people would have an Intrest. I do have an Idea to try to get more people interested and I think it could work for almost evry club in America. Why don't we try to have a race with a 1/1 car show IE Goodguys or any other type of Hot Rod orginazation, Lets face it most of us are gear heads just like them and evryone likes a cool car. You would have a captured audience.

As far as cost evrything is exspensive. I raced electric one winter and spent well over $600 on friggen batteries not to mention stock motors just to stay competative, what a waste for only 5 min run time(my opinion)

1/8th is the only thing I run and I feel I spend as much on this as any other form of RC I have tried

Chris
Old 09-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im also against the 5 port rule. There's several things we can do. I stated before, as have others, that a retail price should be set at, I think, around $300.

Another thing that can be done, and the one I prefer, is to set a list of allowed engine under the price cap. I know it takes work to do it, and people are going to disagree about which engines should be included and which ones should not, but I think this is the best way. The list shuoldnt be very long, at the most 5 engines, to give the racers a choice of manufactures to choose from.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

All the people thinking about getting an 1/8th car just need to go out and get one. Once one of you guys (Jeffrey, Walter, Francis ) get one, eveyone else will to.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

OS .21 VZ-R Version II $259.00 free shipping aswell at RC-Toro.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C Verano
All the people thinking about getting an 1/8th car just need to go out and get one. Once one of you guys (Jeffrey, Walter, Francis ) get one, eveyone else will to.
Chris I am waiting to see your new ride before I decide which one to get!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Chris I am waiting to see your new ride before I decide which one to get!
Hopefully soon...I'm itchin to drive.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

My gf bought this for me for Bday present.
Finally my dream has come true!

Still waiting for engine, pipe and servos....cant wait to try it out
Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C Verano

i'm working on it. I know walter already has one and is just waiting for an engine.

I know Jeffrey and alex is already getting one also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.