Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobao GPX4 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday Mark.
and ironic that your G4S shows up on your birthday. see ya sunday
Yes it is ironic and now six cars hidden from wife in shed! Thanks for the wishes Paul
Old 05-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi

I am still none the wiser at the moment as to what HoBao are doing with the GPX4. I have had four emails back from retailers confirming they have stock and believe they are still current. But have had no reply from either Ofna or HoBao at this stage.

Working in retail, i know that often the stores are left in the dark, Often they are not told a model is obselte until they go to reorder the item.

===> 3-5-07 Just had an email back from Tower Hobbies, they have just discontinued the GPX4 from their Ofna product range, the car hasn't been discontinued by Ofna.

BB

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 05-03-2007 at 04:14 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default GPX4 PRO SALE

I got a new gpx4 pro only had max of 2lr of 16% comes wid starter box wid charger, glow plug igniter and charger wid that and venom squeeze bottle. Bmw m3 shell, wat u see is wat u get and the hobao tools as well. Serious buyers only!!!, Regretful sale due to buying a new real car. call me Roger on 0423452402 ill post some photos have a look give me some feed back plz

i dont wanna sell i was going to start racing i was going to change the belts and change the front diff and get a new motor novarossie to race in pro class
Attached Thumbnails Hobao GPX4 Pro-dscn4209.jpg   Hobao GPX4 Pro-dscn4208.jpg   Hobao GPX4 Pro-dscn4207.jpg   Hobao GPX4 Pro-dscn4206.jpg   Hobao GPX4 Pro-dscn4215.jpg  

Old 05-05-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

I am still none the wiser at the moment as to what HoBao are doing with the GPX4. I have had four emails back from retailers confirming they have stock and believe they are still current. But have had no reply from either Ofna or HoBao at this stage.

Working in retail, i know that often the stores are left in the dark, Often they are not told a model is obselte until they go to reorder the item.

===> 3-5-07 Just had an email back from Tower Hobbies, they have just discontinued the GPX4 from their Ofna product range, the car hasn't been discontinued by Ofna.

BB

Damm shame they are a nice car to drive!!!!!.......

Taffyjnr5
Old 05-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
MTX3 belts substitute for original belts. I am using side and rear, have not tried front yet. They might be getting scarce. Let us know if you get them and where from.
hey vco5hdt thanx for your reply I'll get one mtx3 side belt from rcboyz.com. for my gpx4
Old 05-06-2007, 02:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by alexrgz
hey vco5hdt thanx for your reply I'll get one mtx3 side belt from rcboyz.com. for my gpx4
No Problem
Old 05-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
hi guys
Maybe this is mentioned before but over the weekend i spoke to a buddy who was getting hes GPX4 setup at the Nats and we were looking at different options for the front end.I loan him a G4S 32T front spool and it fits.The front oneway on the GPX4 is also 32T.
I am not sure how your friend managed to fit the G4S 32T fron spool into the GPX4 with some machining work. After reading your post, I went to buy the G4S oneway + front Spool from my LHS and no way it can fit the GPX4, end up i have to lathed approx 2-3mm off each side to get it to fit. So if any of the GPX4 owner out there that want to try a spool, please note it is not a direct fit.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Spool = locked diff
just pack it solid with blue tac
Old 05-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi

Picked up my RTR GPX4 yesterday afternoon thanks to the guys at Budget Hobbies. Installed my Spektrum and pulled the diffs down and reoiled them with siliconne oil.

Had a few issues though... the brake pads were not glued to the alloy parts and werent aligned between the two guides on the bulkhead. This now rubs a little, but i hope as the pads scrub in it will free up.

The thottle linkage seems to be an issue now. The stock servo doesn't appear to be strong enough for the tension in the spring. Also the carby has locked shut on me a few times :O

Hope it doesn't lock at WOT

I am thinking of changing the throttle servo over to see if this will help, does anyone know what servos HoBao use? They look like Futaba 3003's...

Cheers
Old 05-13-2007, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hooked_on
Hi

Picked up my RTR GPX4 yesterday afternoon thanks to the guys at Budget Hobbies. Installed my Spektrum and pulled the diffs down and reoiled them with siliconne oil.

Had a few issues though... the brake pads were not glued to the alloy parts and werent aligned between the two guides on the bulkhead. This now rubs a little, but i hope as the pads scrub in it will free up.

The thottle linkage seems to be an issue now. The stock servo doesn't appear to be strong enough for the tension in the spring. Also the carby has locked shut on me a few times :O

Hope it doesn't lock at WOT

I am thinking of changing the throttle servo over to see if this will help, does anyone know what servos HoBao use? They look like Futaba 3003's...

Cheers
If you have an old Novarossi carb, install that and you shouldn't have any issues with tuning and sticking unlike stock Hyper 12 carb. You might need to go to 6 Volt battery pack as you shouldn't have problem with strength of stock servo. Unless damaged?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default kawahara MTX3 long side belt

hi peepzz.....

just wondering if anyone has any experience with the MTX3 long side belt because I orderd one to loosen up my drivetrain. I know that an original belt is 375T and I woul like to know howmany a longbelt is?!?
Old 05-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Stuart

I have been running a GPX4 for the past three months, I am struggling with the clutch dragging, anyone got some wise words?

Other than that the car is great, I am running it with a Rex .12 for the time being as I am new to the sport.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I am also having trouble with the chutch. it ejects the flywheel weights I have tried all types of shim combos but no luck any advice or suggestions.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dexter83
hi peepzz.....

just wondering if anyone has any experience with the MTX3 long side belt because I orderd one to loosen up my drivetrain. I know that an original belt is 375T and I woul like to know howmany a longbelt is?!?
Yes if you can get MTX3 belts, use them. I am using side and rear at moment and no problems.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cmain
I am also having trouble with the chutch. it ejects the flywheel weights I have tried all types of shim combos but no luck any advice or suggestions.
I had same problem early on. Set it up as per book with all parts/shims and you shouldn't have problem anymore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.