Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Giving Up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Some Advice

Sometimes when an engine is not working properly even at the factory settings it may be due to an air leak. The air leak can be found either in the fuel line (look for bubbles entering the engine) or in the engine itself (the engine behavior changes without any reason).

If you think it is an air leak, I suggest you taking it to a near hobby shop for a complete resealing

Cheers!
Old 07-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

One way to test for an air leak is to have the engine running......remove the air filter and block the air inlet......if the engine doesnt die immediately theres an air leak somewhere.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey GREAT tip there, AndyT! I'll give that a try.

Jorge, I have noticed bubbles in the fuel line coming from the tank, but it looked more from the vibrations when I punch it. Could that be a problem or the problem?

Okay Gonzo, you've talked me into it!! I want to give it one more run before I remove the engine, clean it up and send it off. That way, I can tell him exactly what is going on. Now, if it will just quit raining!
Old 07-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Also, to update my other problems with my cars, I have taken my MT12 out of my original MTX-2 and am installing it in my backup MTX-2. I need to isolate the tranny problem or whatever it is. If it is the clutch or engine the car will act up. 'Cause I am sure the car and tranny work fine. Now, if I can get a receiver to work in it, I could be running by the weekend! That should hold me over until I get my engine back from Rody and Ace.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Generally clutch problems will present themselves when the car is either idling (or trying to idle without stalling ), or whenever the brake is applied (again stalling the engine)...hopefully this`ll help a bit in isolating your problem.
Cheers
Old 07-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks AndyT. As soon as I get the MTX-2 together (the MT12 is already installed), I will test it out. I would like to get it running so I have something while my RB is in California. If I recall, the engine idled well. It might just be a little too lean.

The RB ran great last night untill I hit a rain puddle and my electronics quit. I am almost afraid to send it off now! But, I am going to take Gonzo's advice and let Rody take a look at it. I will report back as soon as I get it back. More than likely, the last weekend in July.

Thanks to all! Anyone going to Ace next weekend? I wish I could go myself.