R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-11-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default should I get invole with on road? 1/10

Hey guys! I am a big fan of nitro 1/8 1/10 monster trucks. I've owned a lot of MT's in the past. I've owned a couple of RS4 and oh two micro rs4's. Now I am living in Taiwan Taipei. There's an online track fairly close to my house. I went there today and checked out the V one RRR. Should I get into this? I mean the thing with on road is like so complicated to me. I pretty much just wanna enjoy the fun of playing RC. NOT like sit there and work on the car all day long. When I first got my RS4 long time ago. I had fun since the handling on the on road cars are amazing! So what do you all think?

If i wanna get I need to buy the following:

car kit ( probably VoneRRR )
engine, mainfoldl, pipe
car body
extra set of tyres
1 gallon of fuel
starter box ( for 1/10 )
two servos ( what's like minimum ) I have a hitec 645mg availabe
fail safe ( i have an extra one )
new radio? I own a JR XS3
5 cell batteries ( i have a bunch of them just gotta build them )

or there's a MTX-3 with a RB engine with lots of hop hops, used but the price isn't bad at all
nero1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Fsturbo15

You get a Vone RRR, MTX-3, or 710 to race, not to bash.

If you want to bash go back to monster trucks.

My 2 cents.
Fsturbo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:31 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

yeah I am not bashing anymore. I'll be running the on roads on the track.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:39 PM   #4
Tech Master

Nitro on-road tc is great fun. But its all about having the tc scene on the screen already... with a track near you, I say that you should dive in for the first economical and logical chassis that you find availible. Used is definitely a cheaper route to racing, and with appropriate knowledge and $$$ you can build up a mean racer for much less than blowing your wad on a brand-spanking new tc... because they're getting expensive, just like the motors... but the deal is that you really don't need all the new jazz. You just need a solid platform to run and a will to race... and I'll say that it'll probably take you 1 race to discover if you are willing.

RRR is great.
MTX3 is good, getting old but solid performer.
I've got the FW05RR... love the punch out of corners but does take some more finesse on the throttle and brake application... plus the weight distribution problem of stuff being all over the place as opposed to the RRR's concentration on really centralizing the parts.

Whatever you can find out about a chassis' parts availibility and local racer knowledge should help you find your new car. Good luck!
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:48 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

i agree with lazy. get you a solid platform. used is much cheaper. try to find one of the knowledgable guys at the track and i'm pretty sure they would be more than willing to assist you in determining if he vehicle you want to purchase is a good buy or not. race it, if you like it stick with it. if not, at least you'll have something to do on those days when you dont have s*** to do. but then again if you do really enjoy it, get a second job and SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!!!!
espo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #6
Tech Elite

I hate to say this, but maybee your better off going with something like a TC3 rtr. It comes with everything, isn't that expensive, and all the stuff is pretty easy to use. Then if you aren't that in to it, you haven't spent a fortune, if you like it, it is a solid platform to upgrade on.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:19 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

Yea a ntc3 is a very solid performer easily one of the greatest cars of its time. Some times you can pick up a used FT for 200usd.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:17 AM   #8
Tech Master

If the track has room, the tc3 can definitely go fast. You know you can always find some cheap ntc3 stuff too... could pack a spare chassis if you got enough equipment or you need spares. But I think in Asia, Associated might not have the same support as some of the other guys, but then again Associated is ubiquitous within RC and therefore another valid option.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:29 AM   #9
Tech Apprentice

acutally, i have a brand new R40 i want to get rid of. I can't get R40 parts in Taiwan. People don't race that car here. NTC3 is not a very good choice since the AE parts aren't that much here.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:53 AM   #10

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

I think you should stick with the r40 then. Or goto the track and find out what they are running im sure you might find a few R40's.

R40 parts can be found all around you though. Hong Kong - http://RCmart.com & http://RC-mushroom.com - not sure where but I know asia.

They also are pretty cheap , they ship quickly. All you need is probably a few spares...but I would wait till you get into the car and see what you break before you need spares.

Get a few sets of tires with different ratings. I suggest the jaco nitro shoes since they are just so cheap from rcmart.com. I can get them for $7 a pair vs $14 to even $20 dollars here in the us. Thats half price!

Otherwise I think your pretty much ready to go with the r40. Its a solid performer and I have always personally liked hpi. Not sure what it is about them but they just have this way to them. From instructions , to design to colors. Ive always liked everything from hpi.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:01 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would go with the V1 RRR if you can, it is one of the best cars out there, if you want something that is a little tougher get the MTX-3 it is one of the fastest cars out there and of them it is the toughest one. Dont bother with some $350.00 USD motor for now, just get something like an OS.12TZ about 190.00 and very very fast, (i just got one myself yesterday).
ATXPro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:30 AM   #12
Tech Apprentice

if I am going to get the VoneRRR I will get the world champion edition. Since the price aren't that bad.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #13
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXPro4
I would go with the V1 RRR if you can, it is one of the best cars out there, if you want something that is a little tougher get the MTX-3 it is one of the fastest cars out there and of them it is the toughest one. Dont bother with some $350.00 USD motor for now, just get something like an OS.12TZ about 190.00 and very very fast, (i just got one myself yesterday).
I just ordered one. Any good compared to Nova based engines (off topic!!)

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:53 AM   #14
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to gfd2726

How much is V1RRR WCE in Taiwan dollar? Where is this track located at in Taipei? Thanks.
gfd2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:01 AM   #15
Tech Apprentice

$12500nt
it's in pei tou
you never been there? it's quite nice imo