Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR GT Rules

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

These rules although nowhere does it say they are set in stone are the best thing that can happen for this class. Roar finally recognizing this class will show more events for these cars at biggest events each year Nationals. State races. Regionals. Etc.

I don't run this class and only did a short time but now guys should focus on attending these events and helping to set rules in stone
Rim choices
Carb restrictors
Width. Kick up. Etc etc

This is a great thing for gt drivers. Don't jump off the bridge just yet.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phil Trotta
These rules although nowhere does it say they are set in stone are the best thing that can happen for this class. Roar finally recognizing this class will show more events for these cars at biggest events each year Nationals. State races. Regionals. Etc.

I don't run this class and only did a short time but now guys should focus on attending these events and helping to set rules in stone
Rim choices
Carb restrictors
Width. Kick up. Etc etc

This is kind of the crux of this issue. Are the rules set in stone or not? Are they guidelines or rules? When can the GT nation of racers expected adjustments? Monthly, quarterly, yearly, when? UNTIL that is figured out, all it does is cause confusion in a healthy GT8 class. So when you show up to a ROAR race are the rules really the rules?

However, this is only going to play out if the track owners decide to actually follow ROAR rules. For Regional/National events that are ROAR sanctioned, you have the power to participate or not. With all the sentiments stated so far, I have to agree that the rules seem arbitrary without proper knowledge of the history and goals the GT racers want to realize for this class.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by modhobby
This is kind of the crux of this issue. Are the rules set in stone or not? Are they guidelines or rules? When can the GT nation of racers expected adjustments? Monthly, quarterly, yearly, when? UNTIL that is figured out, all it does is cause confusion in a healthy GT8 class. So when you show up to a ROAR race are the rules really the rules?

However, this is only going to play out if the track owners decide to actually follow ROAR rules. For Regional/National events that are ROAR sanctioned, you have the power to participate or not. With all the sentiments stated so far, I have to agree that the rules seem arbitrary without proper knowledge of the history and goals the GT racers want to realize for this class.
Absolutely!!....
There are a perfect set of workable rules for this class already thought out and laid out within IGT8F.
At the very worst ROAR should just adopt these rules for the class. Saves all the confusion.
At least these ROAR Rules/ Guidlines are only for ROAR sanctioned events and wont interfere with the bulk of GT racing going on.

Regards,
BM
Old 10-31-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Smile

Originally Posted by British Menace
Absolutely!!....
There are a perfect set of workable rules for this class already thought out and laid out within IGT8F.
At the very worst ROAR should just adopt these rules for the class. Saves all the confusion.
At least these ROAR Rules/ Guidlines are only for ROAR sanctioned events and wont interfere with the bulk of GT racing going on.

Regards,
BM
It's got to be some kind of 'trick'........I just checked my 'full set' of carb inserts and there is no '6mm' in there, the smallest is a 6.5mm.

*1Speedy mentioned the difficulty in trying to tune an engine with a 6mm insert............there go the guys that thought they were getting the hang of their first nitro car.

BM.....I for one want to see our buddy 'VictorVector' survive with 'one set of tires'........he's well known as a 'tire shredder' at his 'local haunt'. (but he's fun to race with)
Old 10-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Hehe ... theres one or two "tire-shredders" around Jerry so I don't think he's alone there. One not too far from my keyboard

We did iron out the tire rule though.... careful reading of that rule shows you can only use one set of tires for 'each' race?! So I guess you can change tires for each qualifier and main if you want. (If it's ok to call a 'qualifier'... a race?

Haha ... no surprise's there on the 6mm carb inserts really. People making up rules that don't know what they're doing or have not looked into it properly.

Still .... we must be patient. Maybe after another 4 years we will have "adjusted" the rules to be able to start an engine or two.

Regards
BM
Old 10-31-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Thank u ROAR....But........

Originally Posted by Phil Trotta

Rim choices
Carb restrictors
Width. Kick up. Etc etc

+1

I have wanted to call ROAR out on for basiically ignoring GT racing for the last 10 months but instead I waited to hear from them. The rules stated may not work for everyone but at least we have a starting point. I will set my car up for ROAR competition at ROAR events and hope to attend the first National ROAR event to include GT racers. Ill support whatever GT rules that are prevelent at the local tracks I travel to.

Thinking that adding a class and gettting it 100% right on the first shot would be incredible but getting acknowledged by the governing body that we all support is long overdue. If its just a matter carrying a 6mm carb restictor and retuning your engine no biggie. But with a 150ml tank and 6mm restrictor I can run for almost 14mins, why not lenghthen my qualifiers? I think the kick up issue should be revisited only because it excludes a strong group of racers and manufactures. But all in all this is a long overdue first step in the right direction.

my 0.04 cents
Old 10-31-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace

Haha ... no surprise's there on the 6mm carb inserts really. People making up rules that don't know what they're doing or have not looked into it properly.

Regards
BM
I assume when you say "people who haven't looked into it properly" you're referring to yourself...

I just "looked into it" at A Main and had no problem finding a 6mm insert by both NR and RB, either of which will fit 95% of the carbs folks run (I honestly don't know about something like a Picco...)

Look, I'm no apologist for ROAR here - I just take exception to comments that imply that ROAR hadn't thought about what they were doing. These rules clearly show that the writer(s) thought A LOT about what they were doing, and made some very conscious choices. You may not agree with the rules they wrote...but they are not stupid rules. There is a difference.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pressure
+1

I have wanted to call ROAR out on for basiically ignoring GT racing for the last 10 months but instead I waited to hear from them. The rules stated may not work for everyone but at least we have a starting point. I will set my car up for ROAR competition at ROAR events and hope to attend the first National ROAR event to include GT racers. Ill support whatever GT rules that are prevelent at the local tracks I travel to.

Thinking that adding a class and gettting it 100% right on the first shot would be incredible but getting acknowledged by the governing body that we all support is long overdue. If its just a matter carrying a 6mm carb restictor and retuning your engine no biggie. But with a 150ml tank and 6mm restrictor I can run for almost 14mins, why not lenghthen my qualifiers? I think the kick up issue should be revisited only because it excludes a strong group of racers and manufactures. But all in all this is a long overdue first step in the right direction.

my 0.04 cents
So just curious are you and Phil going to start running GT8? Are all your races (local, club, etc) ROAR sanctioned?

We haven't even touched the whole Tech issue, so is every motor going to be Inspected before or after for internal mods?

Again I respect ROAR for coming out of hibernation mode, but I truly feel and believe they woke up to just muddy the water.

Its beyond clear they are not in touch with the mass majority of GT8 racers or races. Are we forgetting rules were submitted more then once over the last 3yrs, are these the rules that were submitted? Or are they a diluted version and or just attempt to slow real progress?

Im not a ROAR member haven't been for a few years now I attended our Region 9 ROAR event 2 weeks ago, entries were extremely thin. We get more entries at our club races!

Btw I placed 2nd in GT8, in a full bone stock IGT8F "SPEC" car.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

How many licensed short chassis bodies exist?
Old 10-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
How many licensed short chassis bodies exist?
Good point. Prob just the ofna dp8 and the m-type clk. most kyosho bodies for the short chassis gt1 can't be had
Old 10-31-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
So just curious are you and Phil going to start running GT8? Are all your races (local, club, etc) ROAR sanctioned?

We haven't even touched the whole Tech issue, so is every motor going to be Inspected before or after for internal mods?

Again I respect ROAR for coming out of hibernation mode, but I truly feel and believe they woke up to just muddy the water.

Its beyond clear they are not in touch with the mass majority of GT8 racers or races. Are we forgetting rules were submitted more then once over the last 3yrs, are these the rules that were submitted? Or are they a diluted version and or just attempt to slow real progress?

Im not a ROAR member haven't been for a few years now I attended our Region 9 ROAR event 2 weeks ago, entries were extremely thin. We get more entries at our club races!

Btw I placed 2nd in GT8, in a full bone stock IGT8F "SPEC" car.
I may run gt8 at bigger events .... Our tracks up here require roar membership to race due to insurance

We have had gentlemens agreements on rules on bodies and weight ... With no Problems ..

IMO I'm sure the 6mm Venturi is not final in stone. But if it was it would eliminate a pit stop or two in med to long mains

I believe the tire rule is to elimInate guys putting On fresh tires for main Like in f1. You run a set of pre scuffs

In the end IMO I think it's better to work with roar and get it as close to acceptable Because the national title would look great on anyone trophy case
Old 10-31-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1966ss
Good point. Prob just the ofna dp8 and the m-type clk. most kyosho bodies for the short chassis gt1 can't be had
I have about 10 painted/unpainted Kyosho bodies stashed away in the back of my walk-in closet. Been picking them up in my travels over the last three years.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

hmmm ok kick up hmm as i understand must remain in buggy conversions ok but it does not stipulate that a manufacturer cannot come out with all new flat chassis gt ala ofna gtp gtp2 gtv2 dm1 just that it is shaft driven like a buggy and not belt like 1/8 open
Old 10-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

china's companies: team c and ofna should now produce a GT8 with front end kick chassis.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
china's companies: team c and ofna should now produce a GT8 with front end kick chassis.
OK But why? they already produce a flat chassis car it only mandates that kick has to remain if a conversion and kick up is the angle of attack of the hinge pin like anti squat on the rear and can be in the form of hinge pin mounts and the rules do not state a min or maximum kick up just saying

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.