Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

Novarossi PLUS.21-4 good choice even though the kappo rally is a wicked choice
Old 11-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Smile Brain Teaser

Originally Posted by Yb2fast
I love the Roma but it is not legal under ROAR RULES... : ( Read again rule #.1

1. Engine: SEE 9.3 of ROAR~ any buggy engine of .21 size or ready to run kit with a factory .25 or .28 (must keep pull start on .25 and .28 if ready to run came with it.) No engine modifications may be made to any engine.

MEANING IF IT IS A .25 IT HAS TO BE A RTR MOTOR WITH PULL START !!

Sooooo...you have to have a .21... back to the BONITO Question yall ??
What if a GT/GT2 Fanatic buys the Kyosho KYO31830S24B..........? (1 hint: absolute hobbyz)...........
Old 11-14-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RoketRdr
Oops OS Speed or BONITO. Although the Novarossi PLUS.21-4 BTT/WC looks like a good choice as well. After what I saw the REDS R5 do a couple of weekends ago I'm definitely sold on that one as well.
Did you notice the double stacked cooling head on that Reds Motor ? what was up with that ? wonder why that was? hummmmm
Old 11-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DK McGee
Did you notice the double stacked cooling head on that Reds Motor ? what was up with that ? wonder why that was? hummmmm
Working out the bugs just like any other manufacturer. Didn't seem to slow the car down any or experience any issues.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

R+D my friend, in a nutshell REDS engines need to run cooler than Nova based engines and that is hard to do with a body on. Because of my R+D the factory is now going to produce a GT specific head along with a ROAR compliant engine (include 6mm restrictor) at the same time so for the first time we will have an actual GT engine made for the GT car and class for under 300 with pipe and header. Personally i am breaking in an IGT8F spec engine to run in open. The R5 is a very high RPM engine and has a broad power band (perfect for GT)What you saw at the last race has now been reduced to this:

The double head was a touch too cool (finished the 30min main at 195*!!) so I designed and machined an extension which is a bit shorter.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by RoketRdr
Working out the bugs just like any other manufacturer. Didn't seem to slow the car down any or experience any issues.
Yes, that same double head engine won two classes!!
Old 11-14-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

The driver won that race not the car, not the motor The car needs to stay together BUT the driver is what its all about O and the setup ! But a good driver could drive a BRICK and win. I watched Paul Coleman drive my DM1 and it was on rails ! And in reality Chad with his Serpent GT was SMOKIN and had the first Winter Series race with ease, and unfortunally Im thinking he smoked a gear pretty much had every one lapped. But that is the first time I have seen him break. As he basically dominates every race. and won the SWCS point series for this year . I am a racer looking thru the smoke and call it like it is .
Old 11-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

The driver won that race not the car, not the motor The car needs to stay together BUT the driver is what its all about O and the setup ! But a good driver could drive a BRICK and win. I watched Paul Coleman drive my DM1 and it was on rails ! And in reality Chad with his Serpent GT was SMOKIN and had the first Winter Series race with ease, and unfortunally Im thinking he smoked a gear pretty much had every one lapped. But that is the first time I have seen him break. As he basically dominates every race. and won the SWCS point series for this year . I am a racer looking thru the smoke and call it like it is .
My "SPEC" has no setup what so ever.

Was built right out if the box, BONE Stock 100%.
Stock Springs, clutch shoes, flywheel and stock gears.

The car was built and raced twice(three if you count the double class)

As your well aware of my time is extremely limited. I don't have the time available to invest as I wish I could to the cars. I haven't even finished my Pro (short) car.

I believe with the right gears, clutch and a actual set up. I would have given Chad a really run. But at the end of the day if everything doesn't align, you don't win.

Maybe I just got lucky
Old 11-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
My "SPEC" has no setup what so ever.

Was built right out if the box, BONE Stock 100%.
Stock Springs, clutch shoes, flywheel and stock gears.

The car was built and raced twice(three if you count the double class)

As your well aware of my time is extremely limited. I don't have the time available to invest as I wish I could to the cars. I haven't even finished my Pro (short) car.

I believe with the right gears, clutch and a actual set up. I would have given Chad a really run. But at the end of the day if everything doesn't align, you don't win.

Maybe I just got lucky
Tony you did awesome ! Im stating a fact Its not the car its the driver. You could give me a Serpent GT or a Team C and I would tear it up just as fast as I do my DM1 and I think the serpent is a quality built car. What I see is Peeps push 1 car over another and make it a miracle car and it is not. Anyway on with the Roar GT Rules
Old 11-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Tony you did awesome ! Im stating a fact Its not the car its the driver. You could give me a Serpent GT or a Team C and I would tear it up just as fast as I do my DM1 and I think the serpent is a quality built car. What I see is Peeps push 1 car over another and make it a miracle car and it is not. Anyway on with the Roar GT Rules
I miss my DM1!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

There is no miracle car, Agree with that 100%

I have personally raced and tested a converted D8 buggy, DM1 SPEC, Serpent Cobra and now the Team C.

Each car has it's own characteristics, advantages and disadvantages to one another. Its up to each individual to make their own opinion or decision.

I drove the Cobra the longest 2 race seasons, why because its a SERPENT.
Its cars are high quality no doubt. I loved the car so much it made me start LRP LUNATIC RACING PRODUCTS, to offer a couple of option parts for it.

I can own state on any topic of actual first hand experience and knowledge of any product.
Thus far I have been extremely impressed with the new Team C cars.

Also agree, lets keep the thread on course.

So when is the first GT8 ROAR RACE??
Old 11-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1966ss
I miss my DM1!
LOL............ I like my DM1 its almost bullet proof

Last edited by DK McGee; 11-14-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Change
Old 11-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1966ss
I miss my DM1!
I could help fix that ...........
Old 11-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

LOL............ I like my DM1 its almost bullet proof
Yes, but I can break almost any car ........ But it would be fast until I back it into the wall .....
Old 11-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
What if a GT/GT2 Fanatic buys the Kyosho KYO31830S24B..........? (1 hint: absolute hobbyz)...........
Yes sir...Absolute just sold that kit on ebay for $400...smh...so cheap....and they haver another one now, bid is at $350 for the complete kit with motor...smh....but even then the Sirio is a .24 motor and exceeds ROAR's limit of .21 : (

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.