Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by factory racer
guys i dont thinik you will see a major performance difference between the mtx-4 and the mtx-3........why would all of u guys just change right over....how would you no if its going to be any good or not...it can be worse than the mtx-3????????everyone is assuming its goign to be amazing...just wait till it comes out and see wat the pro mugen racers have to ssay about it.....dont just jump the gun and have high hopes...its good to but if the mtx-4 isnt what you guys are expecting then you will all be mad

hahahhahaha

thats just wat i think about everyone saying that they will jump from the 3 to the 4...there is absolutly nothing wrong with the 3 its amazing performance

thanks

Mike
Isn't that how it works everyone jumps onto the new bandwagon. Heck I am still winning with my NTC3 at one track and my MTX3 at another. I will stay with them both for another summer. I have to many spare parts to get rid of them.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default NEW to me

Ira- I hope all is well with your family! Nature reared its ugly head bigtime!
The other Mugen was a guy that came from ST Louis! He wasn't even a "local" racer! He came with Larry Stone. Larry won the A with his rrr. His partner was in the B with me. I'm not sure he finished. Eddie had "personal" issues!
I didn't get to try any setup changes. I had all I could do to fix broken parts and get geometry back in order. Looking back on it, I beat the hell outta this ride. It's only the 2nd onroad car I've owned and I wanted to really test it. If I didn't overdrive it, I would have been in the show EASY...T.P. has a race before Toledo. Hopefully I'll have everything squared away and can play with setup. I ran the 1way and was happy. What will the spool change? The track was very flowing and I didn't use a lot of braking. I never ran a spool so I don't know the generalities of it.

In general, Manufacturers don't release new models without considerable improvements. just my .02. I'm a newbie to onroad, but the same business concept is the same as any other segment of R/C.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by asw7576
There are two negative factors need to be fix for MTX3 : 1. The fuel tank is not center, 2. the easy to flip factor ( traction roll ).
Negatives? Now why can't you simply lower the CG ( ie. ride height) and raise your roll center? That is why the chassis adjustments are there.. Am I missing something here?

BTW - I just picked up a Prospec and I look forward to sharing ideas on this forum.

Last edited by JAG Racing; 08-31-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anybody got a good rubber tire suggestion for nitro car's? Will the tires for electric withstand the punishment of nitro?
Old 08-31-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Welcome to the forum Jag. Your gonna love this car.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default MTX-3 Kawahara Negative Diff

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the form and I have a question regarding the Kawahara negative diff for the Meugen MTX-3. My question is: How do you put the rear shock tower back on the rear bulkhead after the Kawahara negative is being installed when the diff's body is so big? Do you needs some kind of spacer to raised the rear shock tower? Thanks, Bruce
Old 08-31-2005, 11:34 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by freefallmarine
Anybody got a good rubber tire suggestion for nitro car's? Will the tires for electric withstand the punishment of nitro?
We race on Rubber tire class only...and I race with a Mugen MTX3 Prospec.
We have tried almost every barnd of Rubber Tire under the sun, and the best are PMT pre mounted 26mm slicks or threaded tires (depends on track conditions).
PMT's are made in Italy by www.pmt-tyres.it

AFM
Old 08-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I ran the Take offs 32`s or 36`s the car was hooked up in parking lot tracks
Old 08-31-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by afm
We race on Rubber tire class only...and I race with a Mugen MTX3 Prospec.
We have tried almost every barnd of Rubber Tire under the sun, and the best are PMT pre mounted 26mm slicks or threaded tires (depends on track conditions).
PMT's are made in Italy by www.pmt-tyres.it

AFM
Thank's Afm & Slotmachine, I just hope i can get PMT here in the U.S. Ill be trying take off's this weekend.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Welcome to the forum Jag. Your gonna love this car.

Thanks C

The best concrete tire by a mile is the BSR capped tires - trust me on this. They are a little pricey but well worth it - try a set.

If you go rubber, most guys are using the med/firm inserts and they work well. Now that I told you the secrets - don't beat me too bad.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Hey John, I picked up some greens and red bsr's. Thats all they had, good for T&T? Ill try some take off's too I guess. P.S. Time to change that avitar....hehe...
Old 08-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I ran the Take offs 32`s or 36`s the car was hooked up in parking lot tracks
Spring color ? oil weight ?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:54 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAG Racing
Thanks C

The best concrete tire by a mile is the BSR capped tires - trust me on this. They are a little pricey but well worth it - try a set.

If you go rubber, most guys are using the med/firm inserts and they work well. Now that I told you the secrets - don't beat me too bad.
I totally agree with you. We used to race with BSR's, but unfortunately they are not legal sized for sanctioned races, and we had to search for something else...that is how we ended with PMT.....I wised BSR would build a legal sized tyre...I'd go back to them even it they are pricey.

AFM
Old 08-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello guys,

I do electric touring and I need an information about mugen grease.
What is the # and name of the thickest grease from mugen (it is in order to grease an aluminium spool and swing shaft).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hugo
Hello guys,

I do electric touring and I need an information about mugen grease.
What is the # and name of the thickest grease from mugen (it is in order to grease an aluminium spool and swing shaft).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Go and get some of the Associated Diff Lube

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.