Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo reciever pack?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)
Default Lipo reciever pack?

Hi, I have a question. I just bought a car with a 1200mah lipo receiver pack, without a voltage regulator. I was wondering if anyone has ran NON high voltage servos with a lipo receiver pack/without a regulator?
Old 07-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by berwicknitro
Hi, I have a question. I just bought a car with a 1200mah lipo receiver pack, without a voltage regulator. I was wondering if anyone has ran NON high voltage servos with a lipo receiver pack/without a regulator?
Yes. I have ran 6 V servos on LiPos before. You are just taking a chance. I have had servos that have not been effected and have improved their performance because of the extra voltage ... maybe getting a little hotter then before. I have also had servos that have burnt out after a few uses!!
So if you do decide to use 6V servos with a lipo .... don't be surprised if they burn out.
On the other hand .... you can get good lipo compatible servos cheap now .... look up Sola servos ....

Also .... remember ..... your receiver needs to be able to handle LiPo voltage swell. If it can't you will have get a regulator (I have one which brings the voltage to 6.5V without any issues!)
Or get a new received / Radio system?!

Hope this helps

BM

Last edited by British Menace; 07-29-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

I did ..... 7.4V with futaba pcm1024 receiver and hitec 7995 tg servos.

Its working allright ...... however, you are taking chances like BM said ....... I dont know when my servos are going to quit working ...... because i dont use my offroad buggy very often....... maybe only 10 - 20 minutes per year.

My suggestion, if you insist of using 7.4V lipo direct, please do not peak or fully charge the lipo battery ...... you limit the charge up to 1000mah and stop charging it.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
I did ..... 7.4V with futaba pcm1024 receiver and hitec 7995 tg servos.

Its working allright ...... however, you are taking chances like BM said ....... I dont know when my servos are going to quit working ...... because i dont use my offroad buggy very often....... maybe only 10 - 20 minutes per year.

My suggestion, if you insist of using 7.4V lipo direct, please do not peak or fully charge the lipo battery ...... you limit the charge up to 1000mah and stop charging it.
I've been running a lipo(no regulator) with my Futaba 9551 servos for 2 years with no problems. I think the biggest factor is what type of load will you be putting on your servos. In my application 1/10 nitro sedan, I believe the load on my servos is very small; this is why I have not had any problems. My buddy has tried the same thing with his Nitro GT car and has burned up 3 servos.
If your going to gamble and run without a regulator think about the loads that you may be placing on your servos during a long race. If I ran nitro GT or any off road class I would definitely run a regulator. That or just use a LIFE battery

Pass you soon...
Old 08-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lil-bump
I've been running a lipo(no regulator) with my Futaba 9551 servos for 2 years with no problems. I think the biggest factor is what type of load will you be putting on your servos. In my application 1/10 nitro sedan, I believe the load on my servos is very small; this is why I have not had any problems. My buddy has tried the same thing with his Nitro GT car and has burned up 3 servos.
If your going to gamble and run without a regulator think about the loads that you may be placing on your servos during a long race. If I ran nitro GT or any off road class I would definitely run a regulator. That or just use a LIFE battery

Pass you soon...
I mostly run 1/10th scale dirtoval.. We mostly race just 4min races, and the cars are about the same weight as your onroad cars.. I might give it a shot, until I can find a regulator..
Old 08-25-2013, 12:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

Originally Posted by berwicknitro
I mostly run 1/10th scale dirtoval.. We mostly race just 4min races, and the cars are about the same weight as your onroad cars.. I might give it a shot, until I can find a regulator..
I don't suppose your in "Berwick" Aus? By Ur user name..
I'm moving OS in a month and stopped running lipos
For receiver and went LiFe for my serpent 747 1/10th
If your in Berwick Aus or wanting to pay postage/pick up
I've got a few good volt regs you can HAVE!
I've got a good norm reg and a adj reg as well..
Ill keep one and the other two can go.. I've got over 150+ spares for my
Car in a 3 drawer pit bag not that this will lighten my load, but always happy to help someone out when I've got a few and won't use them..
Ones new sealed other used slighty in ex cond..
Can post pics on here or via email if you want them..
Pay the postage if it wont exceed the price or whatever, you can have both mate..if your in Berwick Aus where I'm living now, by all means pick em up..
Cheers
Ryan
Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpent007
I don't suppose your in "Berwick" Aus? By Ur user name..
I'm moving OS in a month and stopped running lipos
For receiver and went LiFe for my serpent 747 1/10th
If your in Berwick Aus or wanting to pay postage/pick up
I've got a few good volt regs you can HAVE!
I've got a good norm reg and a adj reg as well..
Ill keep one and the other two can go.. I've got over 150+ spares for my
Car in a 3 drawer pit bag not that this will lighten my load, but always happy to help someone out when I've got a few and won't use them..
Ones new sealed other used slighty in ex cond..
Can post pics on here or via email if you want them..
Pay the postage if it wont exceed the price or whatever, you can have both mate..if your in Berwick Aus where I'm living now, by all means pick em up..
Cheers
Ryan
PM sent..
Old 08-25-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Get a LiFe pack. Slightly lower voltage, nearly indestructible. Just make sure your charger has a mode for them.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Like Wingracer said. run LiFe packs if you like to run it with normal 6V servo. Been had so much issue with LiPo running with regulator before...............