Search

Stop and GO or Fairplay or Keep going

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:31 AM
Tech Addict

Default Stop and GO or Fairplay or Keep going

Check this crash at 6:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r0GL...ature=youtu.be

As a race director what type of action would have been taken for such a crash, stop and go and to whom?, fair play (wait for the car that spinned out)?

Thanks guys
Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speed6

As a race director what type of action would have been taken for such a crash, stop and go and to whom?, fair play (wait for the car that spinned out)?

Thanks guys
In all fairness it does seem like the car with the yellow wing opens up for the car with the red wing to pass, but then cuts back in on the outside, causing the crash. The red-winged car DOES have the inside... At our club we really wouldn't do stop and goes, but if you really had to I would give it to the car with the yellow wing.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

In the just completed Reedy Race there was one occasion almost exactly like that when one world champ took out another.
Even the best drivers in the most well prepared cars cannot keep them in perfect control at all times.
The door was open, incidental contact, no penalty.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 AM
X4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice track....
Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speed6

Thanks guys
Good vid to get the the "itch' going again. Cant`wait to hit the track again.
About the overtaking, its a clean pass with some contact. The overtaking car was faster and he was clearly taking caution before with some positioning to pass. He was already next to the passed car when they touched. So just keep going.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by djiewie
About the overtaking, its a clean pass with some contact. The overtaking car was faster and he was clearly taking caution before with some positioning to pass. He was already next to the passed car when they touched. So just keep going.
I agree, espacially if the fastest car was overlaping!
The job of the race director would be to worn the slower car that was about to get overlapped!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by romain_f
The job of the race director would be to worn the slower car that was about to get overlapped!
you got the racers view
+1 that what he should do
Old 01-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The driver that made the pass had the inside corner, the driver being passed should have given room. BUT, we have to remember that seeing it from this perspective is easy to say should have done this or that, when driving we never know what the other driver is going to. I usually will back off, but sometimes I decide to fight. Its probably better to back off and then try to re-pass, you loose more time when you spin than when you back off. IMO just a racing incident, let it go...
Old 01-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

IMO that was a clean pass with contact it is not like he got punted in the middle of a hairpin or run over on corner entry and just as easy had the opposite end result or both could of spun
Old 01-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by romain_f
No overlapping its the 2nd and 3rd driver during a champion ship race.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Meh

I file that one under "stuff happens." I doubt it was intentional and when you have very small cars that go extremely fast, accidents occur. I'd wait till I saw something that looked very deliberate before I took any action.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

in general its when overtaking on a straight line the overtaking car has to leave room for the front car on the race line. Side ways touching is usally not intentionally. When defending the line the front car has the turn and no T-bonening will be regarded as sportive. But if one overshoots the turn then the inside car has the race line and the overshooting car has to give room and not force the way through the inside " overtaking' car but try to gain ground on the wide line. no waving is allowed to try to hold off others. if you t-bone, also if un intentional, wait on the side, out off traffic and get rewarded with respect and silent approval from the real racers.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The car that took a flip was at fault.. he drove into the other cars lane.. That's racing..
Old 02-02-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think the right thing to do is be a sport and wait then pass cleanly.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azeroth
IMO that was a clean pass with contact
That is an OXYMORON and plain wrong. A clean pass is a clean pass, that one was sloppy and the passee got the boot he deserved for turning in on the passer too late.
Originally Posted by bcebwecb
In all fairness it does seem like the car with the yellow wing opens up for the car with the red wing to pass, but then cuts back in on the outside, causing the crash. The red-winged car DOES have the inside... At our club we really wouldn't do stop and goes, but if you really had to I would give it to the car with the yellow wing.
this guy pegged it in the first reply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.