Loads of good info on this forum!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loads of good info on this forum!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Loads of good info on this forum!

Hi guys,

I just signed up to say thanks for all the invaluable posts you have made!
There is a wealth of information on this site but most of the info i have needed has been in this section.

I have a GS Racing Vision RTR that i bought sometime early 2000's possibly 2003, due to the shop i bought it off closing down and one thing after another happening in my life it got put in a box, thanks to the power of internet shopping (there still isn't a model shop near me) and this site i now have it running again

Its not running great if im honest lol, it sounded awful and was hissing and looked like the engine was smoking when i first got it started. I found out that the bit which would be the manifold in a real car was sliding out of the exhaust sleeve so sorted that out, which stopped the smoking.
I got the hissing to stop after looking around on here, i found lots and lots of posts about tuning and managed to find a post which helped me detune it back to factory settings as i had lost my manual ( i now have one saved on my hdd thanks to you guys).
Unfortunately i just cannot seem to tune it properly, i just seem to keep making a complete mess of things, but hey thats part of the fun of learning

I would just like to ask though has anyone ever bought a RTR model that when you accelerate, the metal bar that the servo pulls on to open the carb hits the receiver\battery box and causes the plastic to bend and the servo mounting to bend? I remember it doing that before when i ran it in car parks but i didnt think twice about it, im going to look at sorting it out tomorrow but dont know if its supposed to stop the servo opening the carb too much or something. That explanation sounds really stupid in my mind but just thought i would mention it.

Take it easy guys and thanks once again.