Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Scott: I just ran a customer car with that drx3 radio, the radio was very light. IT is still hard not to use the Helios. !!!LOL
Tony: You are going to give up on-power steering with the 25t pulley. I did not have issues with the belt popping off. It only happened a few times.

I really like the Helios, but I am going to give the Spektrum a try. Running some of these long mains, weight can be a big deal to my geriatric elbow. I'll just hang onto my Helios until I decide which one to keep.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Scott: Quote, Running some of these long mains, weight can be a big deal to my geriatric elbow.
SLOW DOWN so smeone else can be in the A mains then, LOL.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony montana
another question, my side belt seems very loose. I have the right pullies on it as far as I know. Use a 24tooth for the front side and a small one on the rear side. I have the tensioner set all the way down and it still seems to loose. Alot more than my rrr's side belt. If it makes any diiference its a mtx4r and Im building it. mugen really needs to work on there instructions, they are one of the worst I have ever seen

just flip the carbon plate tensioner like the mtx4 originally came and switch the two 3x8 flat head for button head. that will allow you to have more tension without touching the belt, pm if you need more help
Old 01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seisick
just flip the carbon plate tensioner like the mtx4 originally came and switch the two 3x8 flat head for button head. that will allow you to have more tension without touching the belt, pm if you need more help

Be aware if you flip the tensioner you will have to remove it when you want to take out the engine. I removed my engine so often, that is why I came up with the reversed tensioner modification.... which is now the standard configuration. It will provide you a bit more tension if you do as Seisick has suggested.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

there is one more thing you can do to get more tension.. You can reverse the aluminum plate on the backside of the carbon plate so that the tab on the aluminum plate is facing upwards that will give you a bit more
Old 01-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I believe the belt tensioner mount was built wrong so I just inverted it and have no issue with the belt being loose.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher

I really like the Helios, but I am going to give the Spektrum a try. Running some of these long mains, weight can be a big deal to my geriatric elbow. I'll just hang onto my Helios until I decide which one to keep.
Hi Scott, if you are having problems with your arm getting sore in the long mains, you need to try using a lanyard(neck strap).
Since i made the change, i found it to be no effort to use the radio for long periods.
See if you can get one with a wide bit with padding where it sits on the back of the neck!
Using this set up, you can continue racing till you in your 60's
Old 01-27-2008, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by meronr
there is one more thing you can do to get more tension.. You can reverse the aluminum plate on the backside of the carbon plate so that the tab on the aluminum plate is facing upwards that will give you a bit more
Recently we had a real problem with snapping side belts (esp the Urathane ones) I think the problem was that we were running the side belt too tight or that the tensioner was too low and both sides of the belt were touching since running quite loose we have not broken a belt
Old 01-27-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Be aware if you flip the tensioner you will have to remove it when you want to take out the engine. I removed my engine so often, that is why I came up with the reversed tensioner modification.... which is now the standard configuration. It will provide you a bit more tension if you do as Seisick has suggested.
that's right, that's why i'm making a new tensioner similar to the nt1 where you just loose the screws to adjust tension or to let the engine!
will place pics after finishing it
Old 01-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

NT1 RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Get Out !!
Old 01-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

LMAO another noob post. "My car rules!"...harr har harr. When you can win races with a car it rules. Until, it's just a car.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Yah, seriously, go back to the "nitro vs. elect." forum and tell them how much you luv the NT1. I'm sure they'll be interested unlike the rest of us.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 01-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itchy b
Hi Scott, if you are having problems with your arm getting sore in the long mains, you need to try using a lanyard(neck strap).
Since i made the change, i found it to be no effort to use the radio for long periods.
See if you can get one with a wide bit with padding where it sits on the back of the neck!
Using this set up, you can continue racing till you in your 60's
I just sit mine on my beer gut. Drink more beer!!!
Let us know how the DX3r works out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.