Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What are the pro's and con's of adding shims inside the clutch bell so that the clutch bell doesnt touch the clutch shoe? (Meaning they will only meet if the engine revs).
Old 03-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Riketsu
What are the pro's and con's of adding shims inside the clutch bell so that the clutch bell doesnt touch the clutch shoe? (Meaning they will only meet if the engine revs).
From my experience:

It doesn't allow the bell to drag on the shoe which improves the wear, also eliminates any excess heat that the drag will create.

It gives it a bit of snap without risk of damage to the thrust bearings. This allows you to run small end play as you already have some space created by the clutch clearance.

The only con is if you don't have enough length on othe crank such that you are left with no end play after shimming the inside bearing of the clutch.

In this case you need to shim between the end of the crank and the bearing retainer/stopper.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Well, the last package of hopups came in today in the mail. Guess I have no need to get a Pro-spec version. Just missing Titanium Pivot-Balls and Steering links (and chassis) which I have never broken either in my entire MTX-3/4 history.

Here is the list:
-Skyline Aluminum Brake Bar
-Skyline Aluminum Front Bulkhead Cover
-Skyline Aluminum Front Upper Roll Center mount
-Skyline Aluminum Mid Bearing Block
-Skyline Aluminum Upper Deck Support
-Skyline Hollow Main Shaft
-Skyline Aluminum Brake Bracket
-Skyline 3mm Rear Shock Tower
-3Racing Wheel Hexes
-Mugen Front CVDs
-Mugen 23T Steel Pinion
-Mugen 17T Steel Pinion
-RCScrews Titanium screws
-3Racing Aluminum Rear Brace RH
-3Racing Aluminum One Piece Engine Mount
-3Racing Lightweight Clutch Bell
-3Racing Lightweight Front Shaft
-SATO Aluminum Damper cup
-SATO Lite Alum. Rear Lower Arm Rear Mount
-SATO Lite Alum. Rear Lower Arm Front Mount
-SATO Front Sway Bar Holder
-K-Factory Hardened Vent Brake Disk
-5mm Middle Belt
-Center Post
-Mugen Teflon Brake Pads
-Mugen Yellow Clutch Shoe
-Serpent 710's diff balls in 2nd gear shoes (Yes, I know it might end with a rash)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Riketsu/Car1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Riketsu/Car2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Riketsu/Car4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Riketsu/Car3.jpg

Could you weigh the car before hopping up and then again after? It would be interesting to find out if there are merits in hopping up the car.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ElectricConvert
Could you weigh the car before hopping up and then again after? It would be interesting to find out if there are merits in hopping up the car.

Thanks.
I'll do that once I recieve my gram scales, has taken over 3 weeks. It would take me about a day to rip apart the whole car and exchange the pieces, weigh-in, then rip apart again. This is why i wanted to weigh before installing the hop-ups but I couldn't resist. Although, there are some hopups which I do not have the original parts like the front CVDs, mid shaft block and rear shock tower. Probably the most time consuming will be changing the screws to stock ones...
Old 03-02-2006, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 1st race, 1st win for the MTX-4

Wow ! What a car !! For my first race back in nitro sedan in 2 years, I finished 1st in the A-main in expert nitro sedan at my local track. Its probably been some of the closest racing i've ever been through with the lead changing over 4 times during the 30 minute A-main. For a race report and results, you can go directly to here for information:

www.rccar.com

I can't wait for the next race .

Roger Serafin

Last edited by Roger; 03-02-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Exclamation body

whats up nitro heads, need help, could some one tell me by moving the body fowards or backwards what happens? does it get more traction or more steering? on a different topic i would like to invite the race world to make the trip to maryland to a state of art race track presented by my main man chris whitney, his lovely wife sandra, and flash of the rc world vince jackson. this is a huge track so bring your big ponys if you want to keep up the good thing about 301 raceway is, all you need is you and your car. no tables he got you, chairs he got you, it will even have electricty in the pit area damn you cannt beat that hungry and thrity he got you. (food and bevrage will be sold) need parts well you known what im going to say HE GOT YOU!!!! if you need info go to 301 raceway thread (contacts c_whit, sandra, vince. so try to come and see for your self what i am talking about. it well be fun, competitve, and just down wright fast!! one other thing the track offers: BUTT WHIPPINGS YEA DONT WORRY I GOT YOU FOR THIS ONE. PEACE LOVE AND HAIR GREASE be easy
Old 03-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think that I got you on the last one. That's a 230 foot strait that your talking about.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FASASMUGEN
whats up nitro heads, need help, could some one tell me by moving the body fowards or backwards what happens? does it get more traction or more steering? on a different topic i would like to invite the race world to make the trip to maryland to a state of art race track presented by my main man chris whitney, his lovely wife sandra, and flash of the rc world vince jackson. this is a huge track so bring your big ponys if you want to keep up the good thing about 301 raceway is, all you need is you and your car. no tables he got you, chairs he got you, it will even have electricty in the pit area damn you cannt beat that hungry and thrity he got you. (food and bevrage will be sold) need parts well you known what im going to say HE GOT YOU!!!! if you need info go to 301 raceway thread (contacts c_whit, sandra, vince. so try to come and see for your self what i am talking about. it well be fun, competitve, and just down wright fast!! one other thing the track offers: BUTT WHIPPINGS YEA DONT WORRY I GOT YOU FOR THIS ONE. PEACE LOVE AND HAIR GREASE be easy
Then you must see this : ... the mother of all tracks

travel distance : 380 m ( 1.246 feet )
trax width : 5 m - 7 m (in corners)
banked corners : 5 degree to 20 degree
longest straight length : 100 m ( 328 feet )
shortest straight (in front of driver stand) :85 m ( 278 feet )
sweeper-straight-sweeper : 135 m (full trhotle if you have the guts)
daytona style corner : 1
driver stand : 4 m high.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4-dsc_2750.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-dsc_2751.jpg  
Old 03-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

awesome... no boards...
Old 03-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

awesome... no boards...
Not yet..... it's under construction.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

I just weighed my car... Unfortunely, the scale that I bought has an accuracy of 5 grams (5,10,15...) The car with new Jaco Tires 40 shore weighed 1745 grams... While car without tires weighed 1635g. This weight is without fuel, standard skyline battery pack, skyline VR12 pipe, OS TZ, small air filter, Personal Transponder, no switch (plugs in directly), and all the hopups. Unfortunely, I dont have the time to switch the car back to stock to give you guys a weight number.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
Not yet..... it's under construction.
Damn, was hoping the track was like that. Would be awesome to run on a track you are not afraid to hit boards because there arent any.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

I just weighed my car... Unfortunely, the scale that I bought has an accuracy of 5 grams (5,10,15...) The car with new Jaco Tires 40 shore weighed 1745 grams... While car without tires weighed 1635g. This weight is without fuel, standard skyline battery pack, skyline VR12 pipe, OS TZ, small air filter, Personal Transponder, no switch (plugs in directly), and all the hopups. Unfortunely, I dont have the time to switch the car back to stock to give you guys a weight number.
So... at last, with all those aluminium, you gained weight too...

Just weighted my car, for simple curiosity... 1730 grams with a set of well worn tyres (down to 55mm of diam), so I have some margin for not being Disq for underweight.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
Then you must see this : ... the mother of all tracks

travel distance : 380 m ( 1.246 feet )
trax width : 5 m - 7 m (in corners)
banked corners : 5 degree to 20 degree
longest straight length : 100 m ( 328 feet )
shortest straight (in front of driver stand) :85 m ( 278 feet )
sweeper-straight-sweeper : 135 m (full trhotle if you have the guts)
daytona style corner : 1
driver stand : 4 m high.
Pretty interesting track... give us more details when built finally. For impressive track... Ashby on the UK is great with banked turns too... went some times when I was working on UK... but still prefeer mine local track, very simmilar to the one you showed us.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Corse-R
So... at last, with all those aluminium, you gained weight too...

Just weighted my car, for simple curiosity... 1730 grams with a set of well worn tyres (down to 55mm of diam), so I have some margin for not being Disq for underweight.
Still... The bling > weight. I can barely look at the car (since its completely cleaned up) without sunglasses. All the shiny titanium screws plus the aluminum parts...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.