Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Looks very very nice, I really wish onroad was stronger in my area. I have only ever had one Serpent product in my R/C racing years (Impulse) and it was the car that started it all for me, I would most certainly buy this car if onroad was to pick up again.

Looks great guy's
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
can anyone who has tested the car, or built the car, some one like Paolo, make comment of the New RCM shocks ? i have my doubts about them, but seems like they are on all the new cars coming out now. Will the RCCX shock still be manufactured, i really love these shocks, Thanks.
Patto,

it's funny cause many customer were pushing Serpent to go away from the RCCX shocks and go to a more conventional shock design. Anyway the good news is that the RCM shocks are really good. Super easy to build and fill. Super smooth action and consistent performance. I believe in a bumpy track they actually give you an advantage.

In any case, Serpent is the only brand that will offer both type of shocks, so i guess will depend on the customer preference.

Regarding the car, i have to say that i am really impressed with the performance. I have tested the car already in 2 different track completely different conditions and the car worked really good with a wide sweet spot but still responsive to the changes

We are working in the final details of the box stock setup. We really like to offer a very balance and neutral setup out of the box.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Patto,

it's funny cause many customer were pushing Serpent to go away from the RCCX shocks and go to a more conventional shock design. Anyway the good news is that the RCM shocks are really good. Super easy to build and fill. Super smooth action and consistent performance. I believe in a bumpy track they actually give you an advantage.

In any case, Serpent is the only brand that will offer both type of shocks, so i guess will depend on the customer preference.

Regarding the car, i have to say that i am really impressed with the performance. I have tested the car already in 2 different track completely different conditions and the car worked really good with a wide sweet spot but still responsive to the changes

We are working in the final details of the box stock setup. We really like to offer a very balance and neutral setup out of the box.
Sounds Good Paolo. just when you work with something for so long, you get worried about the change, specially when you dont have an issue with the design. Cheers.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Patto,

i saw paolos 747 recording the fastest lap ever on a very demanding track where bankings, elevation changes, traction rolls, bumps and concrete barriers and surroundings, his 747 was flying on rails and for sure a top notch car from serpent!

saludos pana

alex

Last edited by Seisick; 03-09-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

I must say I am thinking about getting this just to have the fun of building it and being ready for th day onroad returns to my area
Old 03-09-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Paolo, thanks for the update.

Pass you soon...
Old 03-09-2012, 07:52 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH
I must say I am thinking about getting this just to have the fun of building it and being ready for th day onroad returns to my area

Someone has to be the first!...
Why not you!...
Old 03-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M7H

Someone has to be the first!...
Why not you!...
Old 03-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Compatability

Paolo- Can you list what parts are interchangable between the 733 and the new car? I know the geometry is different. Can I get a TE and hop it up?
Old 03-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Paolo- Can you list what parts are interchangable between the 733 and the new car? I know the geometry is different. Can I get a TE and hop it up?

Based on the upgrades.... too many changes... 747 seems more economical.

Pass you soon...
Old 03-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree - I dont think its worth trying to upgrade a 733 to the 747. After watching the You Tube footage from the toy fair there are too many changes with the new car to upgrade... you may end up replacing most of the car.

Simon
Old 03-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Tech Regular

And noticing all the weight this low in the shassis its going to be an major improvement for all the Serpent guys. So a must almost getting the 747. (It will be flying)
Old 03-12-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks guys. As you can see in my Sig, I'm thinking of changing cars. I wanted to start building something soon. The weather has been incredible here in Chgoland. GoodRacing, Nick
Old 03-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I havent had a nitro for 12 months or so but looking forward to getting back into it again once the 747 arrives! Got a new motor and everything for it

The wait is killing me
Old 03-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
All the rear allu parts from the TE are the same. The engine mount system is the same, so you can use any of the different option ) i use the one piece engine mount.

The TE 2 speed system is the same, but the allu part of the brake pulley has a new design with 3 pin )you still use the same pulley.

All the pulleys are the same. Front sway bars and servo saver are the same. Front lower arm are the same. Same TE tank. Same battery tray and location.

Everything else, different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.