Old 01-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Do I need to register to download the free track for practice/playing around
Old 01-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by 20 SMOKE
Do I need to register to download the free track for practice/playing around
You don't need to download the free two tracks but you still need to register to activate the game.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by FIRE RIDER
ok i dled it and tryed it and its almost imposible to drive teh car with the keyboard unless ya like to go flying off the track or whip the car around when ya hit the breaks becasue of having no throttle or steering sensetivity controll. but teh grafix arent that bad. could use sumthing so you could paint your own body but other than that ill give it a 7 out of 10.
You must use the VRC and your radio to be 3-4 second faster per laps........well, some ppl can be very good with keyboard, but not me, my lap time between keyboard and using real RC radio is 3-4 sec faster per laps....my OSLO fastest lap with 3Pk (710 with TC body) is still 14.5.............still, 0.8-1 sec slower then the fastest ppl on the world, and I don't think I can do any better, just not as good a driver then those guy....
Old 01-09-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

With my Hitech Lynx my best lap on oslo is 14.2 with S710/TC
Old 01-09-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

what do i click on to run the tracks for practice i registered and nothing works
Old 01-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by 20 SMOKE
what do i click on to run the tracks for practice i registered and nothing works
Once you've installed the program on your PC, open up your browser and log on to the VRC website AND THEN start your VRC program. Remember your username and password and enter that into the VRC program when it asks for it.

The program will activate itself as well as the two free tracks.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:23 AM
vrc
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Actually it is quite easy to get around the latency issues in most games which are operating on a more macro level. The trick with this game is the playing field is very small so any of the techniques to get around slower package speeds are more noticable.

The only practical solution right now is to keep servers at a more local level and not play continent to continent. I consistently get < 30ms on local servers with my broadband connections which should be more than fast enough for the purposes of this game.
the smaller the latency, the smaller the problem, and the other way around. We can't control this.

look out for the game update, we have drifter tires included. Curious to know how you find these to work, as you seem to be into drifting with your HPI.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by vrc
the smaller the latency, the smaller the problem, and the other way around. We can't control this.

look out for the game update, we have drifter tires included. Curious to know how you find these to work, as you seem to be into drifting with your HPI.
What I have done in the past to control latency is to have localised servers for a given geography. For instance I could have a vrc server running in my state which drivers from my state could race together on. Also you kick people from the server when their latency exceeds a certain amount, 200 or 300ms say. This reduces latency considerably assuming we all use cable/broadband connections. The problem for you is that this approach will prevent racers from all around the world competing in the finals together, but would be a good way to have "practice" meets against other racers. Might be a good approach to test your initial network code however. Use some decent "estimation" algorythms to patch holes due to excess latency from some drivers and it should be fairly robust. You could set up a heirarchial replication from the local servers back to the main vrc server for the purposes of collating the international results. BTW I get around 50ms on US servers from Australia when playing Battlefields 1942 so some players should be able to play across continents.

Yep I cant wait for the drift tires they should be a blast!! Drifting a nitro car is something that everybody needs to try at least once
Old 01-12-2005, 08:17 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i am confused how a game such as ... ohh lets say EA's F1 Challenge where you can have 30 F1 cars on a tight twisty track and play with 100ms pings and still run smooth via the web, but this game cant handle 2 cars at the same time.

I do appreciate how complex, and intense netcode can be to write. But most racing games have gone through the work to write netcode that will let them do multiplayer. to hear that "ohh no latency we cant work with that" comes off to me as BS. Location prediction, and error correction code, can be used to make games VERY seamless.

yes you cant expect to play on a dialup. but most broad band wiht 60ms pings should be very good.

The comment earlier about them going so fast that its very hard to do that kind of speeds over the web. Well F1 cars go 200 Mph, corner at 90mph in a course thats just more narrow to scale than what R/C cars have to use. Yet games seem to have been able to get that working pretty damn good with 30 people racing at once!.

Unfortunately the solution is actually doing the work to build netcode to handle latency. Which anyone who plays internet games, knows is more an art than a science. But just blaming Latency and taking an easy "timed" way out I guess works if you just didnt ever want to race against anyone else real time.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by Clegg
i am confused how a game such as ... ohh lets say EA's F1 Challenge where you can have 30 F1 cars on a tight twisty track and play with 100ms pings and still run smooth via the web, but this game cant handle 2 cars at the same time.

I do appreciate how complex, and intense netcode can be to write. But most racing games have gone through the work to write netcode that will let them do multiplayer. to hear that "ohh no latency we cant work with that" comes off to me as BS. Location prediction, and error correction code, can be used to make games VERY seamless.

yes you cant expect to play on a dialup. but most broad band wiht 60ms pings should be very good.

The comment earlier about them going so fast that its very hard to do that kind of speeds over the web. Well F1 cars go 200 Mph, corner at 90mph in a course thats just more narrow to scale than what R/C cars have to use. Yet games seem to have been able to get that working pretty damn good with 30 people racing at once!.

Unfortunately the solution is actually doing the work to build netcode to handle latency. Which anyone who plays internet games, knows is more an art than a science. But just blaming Latency and taking an easy "timed" way out I guess works if you just didnt ever want to race against anyone else real time.

Jeeeeeeeeezzzz..... It's a new sim, give them a chance!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:57 PM

Why release something half baked? Isnt that bad business logic, wont it chase folks away and ruin your reason to spend the time actually writing the net code? or adding features?

I know atleast 4 people now who downloaded saw it was all against the clock and uninstalled it.

Its a cool sim, just a immature implementation still.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Clegg
EA's F1 Challenge where you can have 30 F1 cars on a tight twisty track and play with 100ms pings and still run smooth via the web, but this game cant handle 2 cars at the same time.
Where can i get that gam???
Old 01-13-2005, 09:30 PM

The store. thats where I got it from.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by vrc
To put things in perspective, these cars travel 20-30 meters per second, so 0.2 latence is already 4-6 meters! And all this with just 0.4-0.5m cars... Multiplay for high speed r/c cars is like trying to do multiplay ping pong match... it is VERY challanging and difficult, but working on it! Doing multiplay for 1:1 scale is a lot less critical.
how about some sort of AI competitor cars. cheers
Old 01-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by KyoshoKev
how about some sort of AI competitor cars. cheers
That option will be release later........if you look at the OPTION menu, there is a option for you to CHECK, with how many cars in the track, and the level of your competitions.....but you cannot CHECK that option yet cause VRC is still working of that option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.