Wiki Posts
Search

virtualrc

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Logging in the game???

Originally posted by speedy888
Guys I need help regarding Virtual RC....

I can't seem to connect to the game... I already registered an account, in Virtual RC, and I also changed the default ??? in the username and password in the Add Proxy Password registry to the username and password I registered in the virtual RC site..

Whenever I log into the game, this is the error that i am getting...

Failed 404: Can't resolve hostname to IP address.

Please make sure that your internet connection is active! If you are behind a proxy, please check your proxy settings in "Game Options".

But I am connected to the internet, and I don't believe I am behind a proxy server.

Please advise what I need to to.

Many thanks! Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Who is your provider (the one giving you net access)? As a double check, ask them if they use proxy servers.

Most providers do use proxy servers, it speeds up their service to customers, helps them with security and anti-spam. At least, this is what I'm no told, I'm no expert.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Stow and steady,

Thanks for the response.... I am from Manila Philippines... I just checked with my local DSL Provider "Globe Telecoms", According to the technical support guy i spoke too... the connection that they provide their subscribers does not use a Proxy Server.

In fact when I checked out the tools tab in my IE, and when I click Internet options, and when I go to Connections, and the LAN settings Tab. The Proxy server details is grayed out or blank. This means that my internet connection does not use a proxy server.

Hope someone can share with me, if they had the same experience that I'm having and share with me on how they were able to resolve it.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:39 PM
BG
Tech Addict

You may have a firewall that is blocking some ports. Resolve this and it will work.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks BG... I disabled my Norton Internet Security...that did the trick
Old 01-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey what is the link for the game.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Logging in the game???

Guys I need help regarding Virtual RC....

I can't seem to connect to the game... I already registered an account, in Virtual RC, and I also changed the default ??? in the username and password in the Add Proxy Password registry to the username and password I registered in the virtual RC site..

Whenever I log into the game, this is the error that i am getting...

Failed 404: Can't resolve hostname to IP address.

Please make sure that your internet connection is active! If you are behind a proxy, please check your proxy settings in "Game Options".

But I am connected to the internet, and I don't believe I am behind a proxy server.

Please advise what I need to to.

Many thanks! Hope to hear from you guys soon.

It sounds like you have a software firewall active! Just disable it for a second
Old 01-03-2005, 02:16 PM
vrc
Tech Initiate

Hi Stow and steady,

Thanks for the response.... I am from Manila Philippines... I just checked with my local DSL Provider "Globe Telecoms", According to the technical support guy i spoke too... the connection that they provide their subscribers does not use a Proxy Server.

In fact when I checked out the tools tab in my IE, and when I click Internet options, and when I go to Connections, and the LAN settings Tab. The Proxy server details is grayed out or blank. This means that my internet connection does not use a proxy server.

Hope someone can share with me, if they had the same experience that I'm having and share with me on how they were able to resolve it.
There is some extra help info about the 404 problem posted today in the FAQ. We are working to release an update that would cure some of the problems.

VRC Support
Old 01-03-2005, 02:30 PM
vrc
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by FIRE RIDER
hey what is the link for the game.

WWW.VIRTUALRC.COM
Old 01-03-2005, 02:36 PM
vrc
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by berger
Currently it would be impossible to play online the latency would kill it for the international races, between countrys on opposite sides of the world i would expect it to be about 200ms, which is what i get to the states servers on my 1mb ADSL line, one of the best lines you can buy residentially in the UK currently. That translates to .2 of a second difference on the track so you can see the problems that would occur, cars would appear out of nowhere and there would be many accidents. A LAN feature or something would be good, i think they are working on it though.

And as for asking about it working on your old pc, what else can they do, work miracles?!

To put things in perspective, these cars travel 20-30 meters per second, so 0.2 latence is already 4-6 meters! And all this with just 0.4-0.5m cars... Multiplay for high speed r/c cars is like trying to do multiplay ping pong match... it is VERY challanging and difficult, but working on it! Doing multiplay for 1:1 scale is a lot less critical.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by vrc
To put things in perspective, these cars travel 20-30 meters per second, so 0.2 latence is already 4-6 meters! And all this with just 0.4-0.5m cars... Multiplay for high speed r/c cars is like trying to do multiplay ping pong match... it is VERY challanging and difficult, but working on it! Doing multiplay for 1:1 scale is a lot less critical.
Mr VRC... All in all, great job!!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Stow and steady,

If you are not behind a proxy then why did you say this ....

You should go to Game Options, Click on "Online Options & Physics" and check that the Login ID and password in entered correctly. And then make sure that under "Internet Connection". everything is blank.

Finally make sure that "Installation ID" has some codes in it.

If after all this it does not work then I suggest you uninstall everything and re-install again WHILE you're logged onto the VRC website using your browser.

I had online game connection issues but for some reason when I did it this way, it worked.

Good luck.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by vrc
Agree with you there Pieter. In fact, I can't imagine how we can race online in real-time at the moment because of latency issues. Hope you find the technical solution without compromising the realism we have now.

Great job on VRC!
Old 01-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Agree with you there Pieter. In fact, I can't imagine how we can race online in real-time at the moment because of latency issues. Hope you find the technical solution without compromising the realism we have now.

Great job on VRC!
Actually it is quite easy to get around the latency issues in most games which are operating on a more macro level. The trick with this game is the playing field is very small so any of the techniques to get around slower package speeds are more noticable.

The only practical solution right now is to keep servers at a more local level and not play continent to continent. I consistently get < 30ms on local servers with my broadband connections which should be more than fast enough for the purposes of this game.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok i registered and only after i registered i found that i need to pay to use this. sry im already making minimal wage and most of my money goes into my real cars so i registered for nothing. that disapointed me. and i didnt look at the requirements but i take it ya need cable to play too. well i guess im lucky i didnt spend an hour and a half of my time downloading it then.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by FIRE RIDER
ok i registered and only after i registered i found that i need to pay to use this. sry im already making minimal wage and most of my money goes into my real cars so i registered for nothing. that disapointed me. and i didnt look at the requirements but i take it ya need cable to play too. well i guess im lucky i didnt spend an hour and a half of my time downloading it then.
Boo Hoo

You only have to pay for extra tracks & race entry. It is the best free game ever. The team that put this together deserve to make a few bucks out of it. Then hopefully multiplayer will get off the ground. Well done VRC, love your work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.