Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Front Diff

Originally posted by Kyofan
You'll need the to use the #10 servo saver aka ackerman as well as using different flange balls to lower the steering rods because the ball end will hit the diff if you don't. I used the shock flange balls and a couple of3mm washers to get it to clear. Here are the parts you'll need:

Gear set part # VZ012, Bevel Shafts part# BS107,Diff Joint (19)part # VZ218, O-Rings Part # VZW020-01, 5.8mm flange balls...the ones used on the shocks, part # VZ225
I'm actually using the #11 Servo Saver with a solid diff in the front. I did have to grind down the ball cups quite a bit to ensure that they did not make contact the diff housing, but they fit just fine in their stock location. I was a little concerned about grinding down the ball cups, but I popped out a dog bone during a hard impact and the ball cups remained intact and still connected.

The car has a ton of steering and I might try the # 10 with the mods you suggested.

I also did not remove the flange from the front diff pulley, and it fits just fine. You just need to take your time and evenly tighten the diff during assembly. If you over torque the diff case housings, it will cause the diff to warp and it will not fit properly in the front bulk head.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi there, does anyone find any use for the receiver cover on the RRR.... does it really help protect the receiver from fuel spills or is it better to remove it altogether...

btw, at bone stock and stock settings (no biased preloading) the RRR is pretty well balanced

Rt FR - 354 gm
Lf FR - 356 gm

Rt RR - 416 gm
Lf RR - 416 gm
Old 12-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by thescum
[B]Hi there, does anyone find any use for the receiver cover on the RRR.... does it really help protect the receiver from fuel spills or is it better to remove it altogether...

the receiver cover doesn't really get in the way so i decided to keep in on to cover 3/4 of the receiver.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

i just read all 32 pages. That was an interesting read.

Here is what i gathered so far, the fuel tank might leak, the rear shock tower will most likely break and you will have to drill out the arms a little bit so the arms won't be so stiff. I still can't get over the fact the the receiver is not covered and there is almost no place to put the wires. The irony is that the fuel tank leaks where the receiver and the wires are.

The plus is that the car is agile and faster than it's older brothers. And weighs lower too. I have the RR and I have some problems with it, especially with the shock, that grounded me for 2 weeks because tower mixed up my order.

What i have learned from every car I had is that a company can redesign a car all they want but with new designs come new problems. I plan to run my RR for at least another year and most likely get the RRR, got to crawl before you can run.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

there was plenty of room when i wired my 3r up.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

what upgrades did you guys have on your car? waiting for my v one rrr to arrive so might as well buy the important upgrades before i build it.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I would definitely upgrade the rear shock tower and replace the dogbones with universals. I would also add a pipe mount that mounts onto the chassis to replace the stock mount. The stock mount is part of the front bulkhead and is very fragile. You may want to add bearings in the steering. The car really doesnt need many upgrades, its very good out of the box.
Old 12-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by jas1
there was plenty of room when i wired my 3r up.
I think the wiring space is just about the same in the RRR and the RR, but the safety of the receiver is less in the RRR. I have mine protected from all sides by using a receiver cover on top of my receiver cover.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

compaq888,

do you have a pix of your rrr....
Old 12-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by compaq888
I think the wiring space is just about the same in the RRR and the RR, but the safety of the receiver is less in the RRR. I have mine protected from all sides by using a receiver cover on top of my receiver cover.
I dont know if you have seen any of the pics on this forum, theres plenty of room on the V one RRR for wiring
Old 12-20-2004, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sjr456
I would definitely upgrade the rear shock tower and replace the dogbones with universals. I would also add a pipe mount that mounts onto the chassis to replace the stock mount. The stock mount is part of the front bulkhead and is very fragile. You may want to add bearings in the steering. The car really doesnt need many upgrades, its very good out of the box.
Use the optional rear camber links that you can fit 2 x bearings in

Cheers
Old 12-20-2004, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ziggy12345
Use the optional rear camber links that you can fit 2 x bearings in

Cheers
Which rear camber link is this? Is it the same as V1R camber link? Do you have the part no? Where can I order this?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

no need to put rear universals on the car. leave dog bones on rear. put the universals in the front though.
Old 12-20-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dameetz
Which rear camber link is this? Is it the same as V1R camber link? Do you have the part no? Where can I order this?

Thanks!
VZ210 Rear Suspension arm set (RRR)
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-000_0002.jpg  
Old 12-20-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

what is the point of using the camber option part?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.