Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

What do guys think about this :

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...1914&pageNum=3
Old 03-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 03-17-2006 at 02:29 AM.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Today was my lucky day.

They had both the VSW007 (in stock) and VSW006 (which literally just came in). [....]

Good information - can you take a picture again once you have the universals fitted, I'd like to see how far in they sit.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

If wanted to fix lola body for the rrr, is the v one r plastic bumper going to fit with the rrr chasis ? And wouldn't I need rear body posts too ?
Old 03-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

You can get the VZ082 Wide Bumper set. The upper bodymount fits, but the bumper needs a little work, the screwholles don't match. For the rear you can use the stock bodyposts
Old 03-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by markp27
Good information - can you take a picture again once you have the universals fitted, I'd like to see how far in they sit.

Cheers, Mark.
Because I’m using zero offset wheels, it looks like I’ve only gained about 0.5mm of inset - which makes me just a little more confident that they won’t pop out and will always be properly engaged. If I had 1 or 2mm offset wheels, then the inset gain would have been more and my confidence level would have gone to 100%. If I had gone with the VSW007, I would end up limiting myself to zero offset wheels only – because the VSW007 already comes with a 2mm offset wheel shaft and I would not want to increase the total offset beyond 2mm.

I’m a bit concerned about the amount I’ve had to unscrew the pivot balls though. I think I’ve increased the possibility that they could be bent in the event of a crash. Replacing them with titanium ones is probably my next step after the upcoming race. If I had picked up the VSW007, then the pivot balls would not be an issue. I don’t know if I would have gained any inset.

Ultimately, it really comes down to shaft inset comfort level. If you’re happy with what you see and you’re not worried about pop out or partial outdrive engagement (due to suspension travel), then you don’t have to replace anything. Because the manual doesn’t specify what offset wheels come with the kit, it’s easy for a novice like me to make a $250-300 mistake by buying the wrong offset wheels. Do you toss or try to sell the wheels and buy new ones - or do you buy a VSW006/7? Because I didn’t like the inset, I choose to do the latter - which gives me more wheel choices and shaft inset adjustment options. This may or may not have been the best decision, but we’ll see.

The next time I have to purchase rear wheels, I’ll probably get them with a 1-2mm offset. Unfortunately, I don’t think New Arrows dish wheels come in varying offsets – which means that I’ll have to switch brands. Anybody got any recommendations?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wonder what lengthening the arm with the 2mm offset hubs and 0mm offset wheels does. Seems it will affect the dampening by increasing the moment arm from the wheel to the hinge pin. I had actually thought about trying it. I switch hubs depending on the wheel offset. Normally I run long hubs with 0mm offset wheels but I'm going to try the 2mm offset in a couple weeks.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Secret_weapon
Seemed to work ok on the G4S I saw but you can't adjust from the outside like the Kyosho.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

If I had gone with the VSW007, I would end up limiting myself to zero offset wheels only – because the VSW007 already comes with a 2mm offset wheel shaft and I would not want to increase the total offset beyond 2mm.
This is not true. You can use VSW007 with offset wheels--just screw the ball screw in a bit more. I've done it plenty and you have enough room with both the ball screw and the diff to move 1mm inward each side.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
This is not true. You can use VSW007 with offset wheels--just screw the ball screw in a bit more. I've done it plenty and you have enough room with both the ball screw and the diff to move 1mm inward each side.
Jeffery - I understand the point you are making - in fact, I agree with you! My issue is more with total offset. I personally would not want to use 2mm offset wheel shafts with 2mm offset wheels - which would make the total offset 4mm.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Jeffery - I understand the point you are making - in fact, I agree with you! My issue is more with total offset. I personally would not want to use 2mm offset wheel shafts with 2mm offset wheels - which would make the total offset 4mm.
I too understand. I guess what I was saying is that I've used it that way and it works fine. The only offset wheel I was using is Kawahara as you could only get them in 1mm offset. But Kawahara now makes 0 offset tires so I am just glad now I only need to set up my car for 0 offset tires.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Skyline exhaust mount

I just got a nice package from Skyline. I ordered one of the exhaust mounts but found it was designed for the older topdeck. The mounting hole is now closer to the edge and more foward. Its not a big deal because I will drill a new hole.

I tried searching the thread but didn't find any info. So has the newer topdeck always had the newer hole position or is it a running change.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tomdav
I just got a nice package from Skyline. I ordered one of the exhaust mounts but found it was designed for the older topdeck. The mounting hole is now closer to the edge and more foward. Its not a big deal because I will drill a new hole.

I tried searching the thread but didn't find any info. So has the newer topdeck always had the newer hole position or is it a running change.
Tom you need to bring the new car over so we can check out the changes between the two v one rrr wc.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:21 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tomdav

Mine is the same way but my kit is new.

Are you going to drill a new hole in the top deck or the mount?
Old 03-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default new kit

I will drill a new hole in the topdeck as it will be a simpler operation as I dont have a drill press or any metric taps.

Dan I'll bring it over next week when its all done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.